Long and slow or short and quick.....

last reply
7 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
1 like
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ladies which type of story do you prefer? A long story with a slow build up to the main event or something short and quick?

The one I'm working on now is over 2800 words and were both still dressed.
It's only kinky the first time.
Big-haired Bitch
1 like
Neither.

Short and quick stories can be fun, but they tend to just be about the sex, whereas I enjoy some character and plot development.

Long and slow is just too drawn out. It'd be different if it were a long story but interesting and exciting things are woven throughout. But if you're spending too much time developing a character and the settings, then it kind of becomes overkill and it dries up the story. Unless it's a novel, but that's something completely different.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
long and slooooow
0 likes
in the middle

I like it short hot long loud

wait...what are we talking about???

too short it leaves you hanging

too long and you lose interest

if you feel it is too wordy get one of the lovely moderators here to help you

and edit edit edit
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like both. It just depends on what mood I'm in.
VIOLENT FOREPLAY
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the input. I guess being wordy is part of the learning process. I know a couple of places I can trim out excess yak, yak, yak.
It's only kinky the first time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Yes to both. They each have their place and purpose. Sometimes I want to participate in a long, slow romantic interlude with a friend, and stretch things out for hours if possible. Other times, I just want to (or need to) get laid, and don't have time for the niceties. And sometimes, I can tell that a guy friend just needs a warm moist place for a few minutes - If he's a good friend, a quick visit inside me is the best thing a friend can offer.....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

If we are talking about stories... Each category, long and short, if well written can be delightful. Pace I feel is fundamental to a well-written story. Pace can move a short story to a dramatic and satisfying conclusion as well as sustain the reader's attention riveted as the longer story unfolds. I am finding authors here every day that should have books in the library.