Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Lush Marriage? Yes, No, Maybe, or just ridiculous?

last reply
91 replies
7.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have been invited to six Lush weddings in the last few weeks and attended two. They all had the trappings; limos, bridesmaids, music, flowers, cake, champagne....and even had the faux minister, and exchanged vows. I suppose those that are in claimed relationships are looking to make a stronger commitment. Your thoughts?

Mazztastic
0 likes
Do you mean virtual, online weddings or weddings in real life?

I've attended one online ceremony here... Must be just about a year ago...
Artistic Tart
0 likes
My only thoughts are further questions:

If you're online-married, is it a pre-requisite that you be real-life single?
Can you get online-anulled after you've cyber-consummated the marriage?
How lengthy is the online-divorce process?
Has anyone ever had online-kids? (if so, don't comment...actually, just forget I asked that)
Are there online honeymoons?

Those are all serious questions.

Okay, one more:

Is there online-marriage counseling?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love LadyX's questions.

I am not one to have no opinion on most topics but would simply say that lush is supposed to be fun and without drama so if the online marriage can stay in the realm of lush and be non judgemental then go for it. I see many posts in forums where everything becomes confused and blended together so I can see many issues arising.
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Prolific Writer
0 likes
Lady X brings up some very interesting things about this topic.

I would hope that the people getting married are not really married in real life.

I would think if the real life wife found out she might be pretty ticked off or vice versa.

To Each is Own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
My only thoughts are further questions:

If you're online-married, is it a pre-requisite that you be real-life single?
Can you get online-anulled after you've cyber-consummated the marriage?
How lengthy is the online-divorce process?
Has anyone ever had online-kids? (if so, don't comment...actually, just forget I asked that)
Are there online honeymoons?

Those are all serious questions.

Okay, one more:

Is there online-marriage counseling?

All Great Points!!

And do you have to pay alimony? And what about Pre-nups? If I got married on-line and we shared pics, I would want them back if we broke up!! Also is on-line polygamy allowed? Would being married on-line and IRL be Polygamy?
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

All Great Points!!

And do you have to pay alimony? And what about Pre-nups? If I got married on-line and we shared pics, I would want them back if we broke up!! Also is on-line polygamy allowed? Would being married on-line and IRL be Polygamy?

I'm not online-marrying anyone without polyamory being part of the deal. Just throwing that out there.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Ok in all honesty I think it is a ridiculous, I attended a mating ceremony here once and spent the whole time and the next few days in borderline hysterics. That being said i'm sure the divorce process is much faster and cheaper and generally occurs once someone new or old tickles one or the others fancy, there are just too many options here on Lush.

Reality people, although I don't deny you can form love and attachments on here, I have some friends I would dearly love to meet, its unlikely to happen though. Online marriage though nope, example is said mated couple are no longer a couple and the ceremony was what...2 months ago and I know at least one of them is now with someone else and the other admitted they had had several previous mates on here, so I ask you what was the point in the first place?? Best to keep these things private in my view but that's just my humble opinion for what its worth.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
CurlyFries
0 likes
I've attended and officiated at one Lush wedding. However, they were and still are an actual real life couple. They met first in real life, and he asked her to join Lush, which is a bit different than the usual Lush relationships.

It's not really my thing, but whatever if it works for them. I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of marriage and relationship hopping going on, but I guess it's all just a fantasy world here, right? The fantasies keep changing.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it is strange. As said above, you can form relationships and bonds, but come on...... nope, sorry, not for me at all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

I'm not online-marrying anyone without polyamory being part of the deal. Just throwing that out there.

Yeah, I would only cyber marry if it can be an open relationship.

Cyber Marriage could be fun, but with my marriage history, he would probably figure out a way to give me a cyber beating leading to a virtual restraining order ending up in an on-line divorce!!
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Cyber Marriage could be fun, but with my marriage history, he would probably figure out a way to give me a cyber beating leading to a virtual restraining order ending up in an on-line divorce!!

It's telling that out of all possible interpersonal functions, the one that's built into the site already is the restraining order (block member)

I really, really need a 'block member' option in real life.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It's funny that on a site that's supposed to be about sex and exploration and fun, some people still go to huge lengths to be as traditional and conservative as humanly possible. Somehow it still comes down to marriage and and commitment and monogamy and rules.

Having said that - it's really no different than any other kind of role-playing, so if holding a cyber-bouquet and having a make-believe ceremony really floats your boat, go for it. But please god - no angsty barrage of wailing divorce poems when your cyber-spouse hits the 'delete account' button one day.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been very curious about this subject. It took Jeremiah and I while to figure out that these were only online marriages. I asked the same questions as you Lady X and many more.. The whole idea is beyond my realm of thinking.
But that said, Jeremiah and I going on 10 months.. I think it took me 7 months to actually put in a relationship on my bio. Not because I wanted to hide it, but because I felt silly.. Then I realized it was an affirmation of the bond we share and it felt right.
Someone else may think what we do is beyond their realm of thinking.
So I guess my "vote" is.... whatever floats your boat, baby. If it makes you happy, who am I to judge.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Good point! Should they have to file for a Lush divorce? Wait a certain amount of time until they can Lush marry again?

I think I'm pretty much done with marriage, IRL or online.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you heard of the term "carney marriage"? That's what it reminds me of. A vague intention of staying kind of monogamous, for a while.

Out of interest how many of those six weddings are still in blissful online union? Most of the ones I end up hearing about turn quickly into car crashes.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
They're entertaining, to say the least.

And they do make way for a lucrative career as a divorce lawyer.

With that being said, I'm Danielle Something and I fight for you!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I say do what makes your life bearable, happy, content and feels good to you. You do not have to answer for, explain or defend your choices. Now is it for me? No but I don't judge, I will even be the wedding planner if need be.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I'm Counselor X- The Lush Hammer!

Danielle Something might make them pay, but I make them hurt!

Your online husband done you wrong? I'll HAMMER them for all they've got!
Your online wife fooling around in the chat rooms? I'll HAMMER her image.
I'll get your .gifs back!
I'll get your friends to side with you!
I'll make sure those vote-bombs are taken care of as well.

Come to the best, jilted Lush-spouses: Counselor X, the LUSH HAMMER!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

I'd go with her^... she's got skills
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

GODDAMMIT!

I can't compete with this shit. Wanna be partners?

Double the trouble...double the profit.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

I have her on retainer. Potential husbands beware
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

GODDAMMIT!

Hahaha... Chicks always win :d/ =d>
Lurker
0 likes
Wow! I have no clue! From the things I've heard as bar tender! Marriage is scarey. smile
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

GODDAMMIT!

I'm here to make this deal.sFl5gJVCKuWg

You cyber-philanderers don't stand a chance.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
LMAO!!! Oh damn... One of the best threads I have read in a while... I love the humor of lushies, you always keep me laughing!... As far as a cyber wedding?? Well... It comes down to the people involved... Is it something they just want to do to pass the time and have fun? Or is it that they truly are committing themselves to their partner? I totally get adding "In a relationship" to your status, as you are proud and want everyone to know how much another means to you... Making it a marriage? I dont know... definitely not for me... But as others have said... To each their own and hope everyone has happiness and drama free fun in Lush!!... smile
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Have you heard of the term "carney marriage"? That's what it reminds me of. A vague intention of staying kind of monogamous, for a while.

Out of interest how many of those six weddings are still in blissful online union? Most of the ones I end up hearing about turn quickly into car crashes.

But you promised we'd be different! Lucky number 7!! Jeez! Now I'll have to bring the dress back!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond
oops double post

Oh no, I'm not doing it twice!
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber