Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Toy Review: The Battle of the Gigi (LELO)

last reply
14 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes

I recently had the opportunity to review LELO’s second-generation g-spot vibrator – the Gigi 2. As an owner of the original Gigi model, I was intrigued by news of the upgrades offered by the new and improved version. According to the press release, these enhancements include softer silicone, a fully waterproof design and a 100% increase in power. Adding a little more icing onto the sex-cake, LELO also created three new vibration patterns, bringing the total from five up to eight. Not bad!

There are some things that you definitely don’t want to change, however. Gigi 2 still maintains its original classic design, with the signature flattened tip that hits all the right places. It also features the same whisper-quiet motor we’ve all come to expect and appreciate from the LELO line.

At first glance, what got me most excited about the upgrades was the waterproof capability, especially considering this is a g-spot toy and it may end up getting rather wet, even outside of the shower or bathtub. Admittedly, the increase in power did perk my interest as well, although truth be told, I thought the original Gigi packed quite a punch on its own.

So, since I have both models in my lucky little hands, I decided to put them to the test. Namely in a ‘Battle of the Gigis’ five round comparison test.

First, let’s introduce you to our opponents!

The original Gigi first came into my life several years ago. This model was actually the first LELO I had my eye on, namely because I loved the look of this toy. The design shape and non-intimidating size meant that I could use it for a variety of purposes – both as an internal toy, g-spot stimulator and clit-vibrator. It also came at a very palatable price point as far as an entry toy to the LELO line. Alas, when I went to the toy store, it was sold out and the salesgirl wasn’t sure when they’d get more in stock. I restlessly prowled the LELO displays and ended up buying the Ina model, which I absolutely loved. Still, I knew Gigi was destined to come home with me one day.

A few months later, I was back in the store, browsing with a female friend after a few drinks one night. I had already raved about the Ina, and she was already sold on it and wanted one too, which was the purpose for our visit. While we were there, I happened to glance over the LELO shelves and saw the glossy rectangular box and there she was – in exactly the color I wanted – ‘deep rose’, which is really like a gorgeous dark fuchsia. I couldn’t resist, so I snapped it up before they sold out again.

Historically, Gigi is probably one of the most favorably reviewed products in LELO’s Pleasure Object line. After you properly acquaint yourself with this toy, it’s easy to see why.

Here are some of the finer points:

1. It’s extremely quiet. There’s no embarrassing rattling motor, so if discretion is important to your solo activities, this is a huge plus. If you enjoy playing with a partner then you don’t have to worry about incessant buzzing drowning out your dirty talk or creating a less than sexy ambience to your fun. It’s also fully lockable so you can throw it into a travel bag or purse and not worry that it’s accidentally going to turn itself on at an inopportune moment.

2. I appreciate good looks. It’s made of ultra smooth, FDA-approved phthalate-free silicone, it has a beautiful design and there’s an eroticism to the object itself. If the sight of traditional dildos or pink jelly rabbit toys makes you feel embarrassed about admitting that you actually own them, this tends to elicit the exact opposite reaction. You can feel proud bringing this into your bedroom play with a partner. It’s just plain sexy.

3. It’s chargeable. Gigi utilizes an environmentally friendly power source, so you don’t to worry about batteries running out or diminishing power at crucial moments. You can re-use it to your heart’s content without ever investing another penny in its performance. It also holds a charge well, so you will get a solid two hours of play (with a 90 day standby) and with the newer Gigi 2, a 90 minute charge will power her up for approximately 3 hours.

4. The 10 year quality guarantee and 1 year warranty. You’ve got some solid assurances before making the investment in these toys. I’ve also heard from a good friend who had an issue once, that they honor this without any headaches. They will replace your toy if something goes awry.

5. Variety of stimulation modes. We all love a little variety. Many vibrators run on two speeds – low and high. The original Gigi has five programmed stimulation modes, accessed by a touch of the button on the interface dial. The new model boasts eight vibration patterns. While there is a comprehensive instruction booklet, it’s easy to figure out on your own just by playing with it.

Now that you know why I fell in love with the original Gigi, let’s continue on to the Battle Royale between the first generation toy and its new and improved successor!

The Battle Rounds

Round #1: Looks

Visually, both Gigis are the same with one notable difference. The sealant tab used on the original model that covers the charge-plug is not on the Gigi 2. The charging socket is in the same place but it’s sealed internally and doesn’t require a protective tab. It’s not a big deal either way but you can argue that Gigi 2 looks just slightly more streamlined with this design.

The Gigi 2 is currently offered in four colors: deep rose, turquoise blue, pink, and cool gray. While I personally think it looks drop dead sexiest in the deep rose shade, I chose turquoise for my 2.0 model, just to help me differentiate between the two and also because it’s a favorite color of mine in general.

Size-wise, they are also the same. The Gigi is a petite vibrator and it’s sculpted on a curve to hit the g-spot. If you’re a size queen or are not interested in g-spot or clitoral stimulation, this is not the toy for you. Its total length is 6.5 inches but you can only insert 4.5 inches and the weight is approximately 2.9 ounces.

The Winner of this Round: This one is a draw since both models look virtually identical.

Round #2: Touchability/Softness

The softer silicone feel is one of the upgrades listed for the second generation Gigi. According to the company, it has been coated in some of the softest non-porous body-safe silicone ever used in LELO products. It is both phthalate-free and FDA approved, making it among the smoothest, safest and most hygienic products on the market.

The silicone used on the Gigi 2 is admittedly softer than it’s predecessor. Now, because the silicone used by all LELO toys is extremely high quality, this may not make a big difference to you. I love the feel of the original Gigi as well. This feature alone wouldn’t incite me to upgrade models, but you will notice a difference and I do appreciate the improvement along with LELO’s commitment to constantly bettering their products.

The Winner of this Round: Gigi 2 edges out the win.

Round #3: Performance

I charged up both Gigis and ran them at full-tilt speed to compare them. I can officially attest to the fact that Gigi 2 packs a much more intense punch than the original. It is a major powerhouse, considering it’s petite size. One of the things I appreciated the most about the original GIgi was the fact that it felt so powerful (at the time), but Gigi 2 takes it up to another level. If you’re a power-girl and like to set your vibrators to max speed, you will absolutely love this upgrade.

As far as vibration patterns go, the original Gigi came with 5 variations. The new Gigi 2 comes with eight (yep, count ‘em – eight!) vibration patterns, and I might even say that the new ones really take advantage of the ability for this vibrator to do toe-curling power surges. I actually prefer them to the five patterns offered on the original Gigi.

In terms of g-spot stimulation, this vibrator is amazing because of its sculptural curve and flattened head that allows you to put pressure on the entire g-spot with a high degree of precision. It rests exactly where you want it to. It’s also sturdy enough that you can really manipulate it and be as vigorous as you need to be in order to reach climax. This is a great benefit if you tend to like things a little rougher when it comes to the g-spot. One of the things I appreciate about this toy, however, is that it’s not just relegated to g-spot play. The smooth flat surface of the head and ability to apply pressure to a larger surface area than a traditional vibrator head allows for amazing clitoral stimulation. You can also use it on other body parts like nipples or as part of a full body tease. It’s a great multi-functional vibrator. Next to the Soraya model, this is my second favorite LELO product and one that I’ve continually reached for over the years.

The Winner of this Round: Gigi-2 knocks out her older sister with both impressive power and more variety of vibration patterns.

Round #4: Accessories

The both come with a satin drawstring pouch for storage, an instruction manual, warranty, and a charger. The charger on the Gigi 2 is considerably lighter and more slender than the original Gigi. If you’re traveling, this might be a bonus for you. Personally, I actually prefer the weight of the original charger, but they both perform the same.

The white charger belongs to the Gigi 2 while the black charger goes with the original.

It comes with a sample of personal lubricant, but you can use any brand, as long as its water based.

You should also get a silicone-friendly toy cleaner if you don’t have one already. My favorite cleaner is the Pjur Med brand, but I’ve also used BioClean.

The Winner of this Round: This is pretty much a draw, but I’ll give the edge to the Gigi 2 because of the smaller, lighter charger, which makes storage and travel easier.

Round #5: Waterproof

This is a simple one. The original Gigi is not waterproof, whereas Gigi 2 loves to get really wet. I have used it in the shower and had no issues, but you can also use it in the bathtub. The charging socket is sealed internally, so it’s submersible up to 1 meter. Considering that this is a g-spot vibrator, you may actually prefer a shower environment sometimes to minimize the mess if you’re a squirter, so this is a huge plus. If you like long luxurious baths, Gigi 2 is a great little toy to have on hand. I had a friend in college who was a devotee of her bathtub faucet when it came to masturbation, so if you were one of those girls, this is definitely the toy for you.

The Winner of this Round: Gigi 2 gets an easy win.

The Overall Battle Winner and New G-Spot Vibrator Champion: Gigi 2

The enhancements and upgrades to the original model are impressive. The highlights for me are the increase in power and the waterproof component. Depending on your lifestyle and whether waterproof toys are your thing, you may want to consider the upgrade if you already own the original.

If you don’t have either model, personally I would go for the Gigi 2, just to get all the bells and whistles. If, however, you’re on a budget and want to try out the LELO line or invest in a g-spot vibrator, I have seen the original model deeply discounted online from various resellers as they make way for the new Gigi 2 inventory. You might want to pick one up for yourself or for the lucky lady in your life. The holidays are coming up and Gigi is guaranteed to please even the most discerning of dirty girls.

Link to the LELO website:
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
*mumbles something about Christmas wish lists and crawls under the blankets*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by sprite
*mumbles something about Christmas wish lists and crawls under the blankets*

yeap, there's a new lelo in my future
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm thinking I need To leave this page accidentally open so that Mr N stumbles across it,
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I'll jump up and down, giggle and squeal like a school girl when they make one that can be controlled by a mobile phone app from anywhere in the world. There are apps that make your phone vibrate, but you ladies cant walk around with you phone stuff in your panties. By the way, nice review DD. Im sure the ladies will love your feedback.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by SydneySider
I'll jump up and down, giggle and squeal like a school girl when they make one that can be controlled by a mobile phone app from anywhere in the world. There are apps that make your phone vibrate, but you ladies cant walk around with you phone stuff in your panties. By the way, nice review DD. Im sure the ladies will love your feedback.

Mazztastic
0 likes
Ha ha, gotta love a good advertising feature, huh?

I had the original Gigi, but it got too noisy, so I sent it back and got the Gigi 2...

I'm very happy with it and I'm finding I favour it over the Ina 2, which I got a few weeks before it...

It does seem more powerful than the original Gigi.

I've not tried it in water, although I must do that one of these days...

I have to say, it's my favourite vibe ever, so far at least...

I do fancy the look of these Leaf ones, but I'd want to have a feel of it working first...
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Fuck it all, I love my Mona 2, but the Gigi 2 sounds awesome. I'm all tingly just reading about it...

How can I nobble all the other entrants in the story competition, so I can get third prize?

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I've never gotten anything through LELO but I have wanted to for a while. Links to these would be wicked great!
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Liz

No fucking way. Well, they are not available yet. Hijack over..thanks Liz, sorry DD..
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I've never gotten anything through LELO but I have wanted to for a while. Links to these would be wicked great!

Here's a link to the Lelo site

Or you can try different online retailers or amazon. It's definitely a popular toy. Just make sure you know whether it's tagged as the original Gigi or the newer model as prices will vary - it depends on what you want to spend and what features are most important to you. smile
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Here's the link to the Lelo site for Gigi 2

Or you try different online retailers or amazon. It's definitely a popular toy. Just make sure you know whether it's tagged as the original Gigi or the newer model as prices will vary - it depends on what you want to spend and what features are most important to you. smile

Thank you, darling. I've bought a few things from Amazon, at least I know their site. :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I recently had the opportunity to review LELO’s second-generation g-spot vibrator – the Gigi 2. As an owner of the original Gigi model, I was intrigued by news of the upgrades offered by the new and improved version. According to the press release, these enhancements include softer silicone, a fully waterproof design and a 100% increase in power. Adding a little more icing onto the sex-cake, LELO also created three new vibration patterns, bringing the total from five up to eight. Not bad!

There are some things that you definitely don’t want to change, however. Gigi 2 still maintains its original classic design, with the signature flattened tip that hits all the right places. It also features the same whisper-quiet motor we’ve all come to expect and appreciate from the LELO line.

At first glance, what got me most excited about the upgrades was the waterproof capability, especially considering this is a g-spot toy and it may end up getting rather wet, even outside of the shower or bathtub. Admittedly, the increase in power did perk my interest as well, although truth be told, I thought the original Gigi packed quite a punch on its own.

So, since I have both models in my lucky little hands, I decided to put them to the test. Namely in a ‘Battle of the Gigis’ five round comparison test.

First, let’s introduce you to our opponents!

The original Gigi first came into my life several years ago. This model was actually the first LELO I had my eye on, namely because I loved the look of this toy. The design shape and non-intimidating size meant that I could use it for a variety of purposes – both as an internal toy, g-spot stimulator and clit-vibrator. It also came at a very palatable price point as far as an entry toy to the LELO line. Alas, when I went to the toy store, it was sold out and the salesgirl wasn’t sure when they’d get more in stock. I restlessly prowled the LELO displays and ended up buying the Ina model, which I absolutely loved. Still, I knew Gigi was destined to come home with me one day.

A few months later, I was back in the store, browsing with a female friend after a few drinks one night. I had already raved about the Ina, and she was already sold on it and wanted one too, which was the purpose for our visit. While we were there, I happened to glance over the LELO shelves and saw the glossy rectangular box and there she was – in exactly the color I wanted – ‘deep rose’, which is really like a gorgeous dark fuchsia. I couldn’t resist, so I snapped it up before they sold out again.

Historically, Gigi is probably one of the most favorably reviewed products in LELO’s Pleasure Object line. After you properly acquaint yourself with this toy, it’s easy to see why.

Here are some of the finer points:

1. It’s extremely quiet. There’s no embarrassing rattling motor, so if discretion is important to your solo activities, this is a huge plus. If you enjoy playing with a partner then you don’t have to worry about incessant buzzing drowning out your dirty talk or creating a less than sexy ambience to your fun. It’s also fully lockable so you can throw it into a travel bag or purse and not worry that it’s accidentally going to turn itself on at an inopportune moment.

2. I appreciate good looks. It’s made of ultra smooth, FDA-approved phthalate-free silicone, it has a beautiful design and there’s an eroticism to the object itself. If the sight of traditional dildos or pink jelly rabbit toys makes you feel embarrassed about admitting that you actually own them, this tends to elicit the exact opposite reaction. You can feel proud bringing this into your bedroom play with a partner. It’s just plain sexy.

3. It’s chargeable. Gigi utilizes an environmentally friendly power source, so you don’t to worry about batteries running out or diminishing power at crucial moments. You can re-use it to your heart’s content without ever investing another penny in its performance. It also holds a charge well, so you will get a solid two hours of play (with a 90 day standby) and with the newer Gigi 2, a 90 minute charge will power her up for approximately 3 hours.

4. The 10 year quality guarantee and 1 year warranty. You’ve got some solid assurances before making the investment in these toys. I’ve also heard from a good friend who had an issue once, that they honor this without any headaches. They will replace your toy if something goes awry.

5. Variety of stimulation modes. We all love a little variety. Many vibrators run on two speeds – low and high. The original Gigi has five programmed stimulation modes, accessed by a touch of the button on the interface dial. The new model boasts eight vibration patterns. While there is a comprehensive instruction booklet, it’s easy to figure out on your own just by playing with it.

Now that you know why I fell in love with the original Gigi, let’s continue on to the Battle Royale between the first generation toy and its new and improved successor!

The Battle Rounds

Round #1: Looks

Visually, both Gigis are the same with one notable difference. The sealant tab used on the original model that covers the charge-plug is not on the Gigi 2. The charging socket is in the same place but it’s sealed internally and doesn’t require a protective tab. It’s not a big deal either way but you can argue that Gigi 2 looks just slightly more streamlined with this design.

The Gigi 2 is currently offered in four colors: deep rose, turquoise blue, pink, and cool gray. While I personally think it looks drop dead sexiest in the deep rose shade, I chose turquoise for my 2.0 model, just to help me differentiate between the two and also because it’s a favorite color of mine in general.

Size-wise, they are also the same. The Gigi is a petite vibrator and it’s sculpted on a curve to hit the g-spot. If you’re a size queen or are not interested in g-spot or clitoral stimulation, this is not the toy for you. Its total length is 6.5 inches but you can only insert 4.5 inches and the weight is approximately 2.9 ounces.

The Winner of this Round: This one is a draw since both models look virtually identical.

Round #2: Touchability/Softness

The softer silicone feel is one of the upgrades listed for the second generation Gigi. According to the company, it has been coated in some of the softest non-porous body-safe silicone ever used in LELO products. It is both phthalate-free and FDA approved, making it among the smoothest, safest and most hygienic products on the market.

The silicone used on the Gigi 2 is admittedly softer than it’s predecessor. Now, because the silicone used by all LELO toys is extremely high quality, this may not make a big difference to you. I love the feel of the original Gigi as well. This feature alone wouldn’t incite me to upgrade models, but you will notice a difference and I do appreciate the improvement along with LELO’s commitment to constantly bettering their products.

The Winner of this Round: Gigi 2 edges out the win.

Round #3: Performance

I charged up both Gigis and ran them at full-tilt speed to compare them. I can officially attest to the fact that Gigi 2 packs a much more intense punch than the original. It is a major powerhouse, considering it’s petite size. One of the things I appreciated the most about the original GIgi was the fact that it felt so powerful (at the time), but Gigi 2 takes it up to another level. If you’re a power-girl and like to set your vibrators to max speed, you will absolutely love this upgrade.

As far as vibration patterns go, the original Gigi came with 5 variations. The new Gigi 2 comes with eight (yep, count ‘em – eight!) vibration patterns, and I might even say that the new ones really take advantage of the ability for this vibrator to do toe-curling power surges. I actually prefer them to the five patterns offered on the original Gigi.

In terms of g-spot stimulation, this vibrator is amazing because of its sculptural curve and flattened head that allows you to put pressure on the entire g-spot with a high degree of precision. It rests exactly where you want it to. It’s also sturdy enough that you can really manipulate it and be as vigorous as you need to be in order to reach climax. This is a great benefit if you tend to like things a little rougher when it comes to the g-spot. One of the things I appreciate about this toy, however, is that it’s not just relegated to g-spot play. The smooth flat surface of the head and ability to apply pressure to a larger surface area than a traditional vibrator head allows for amazing clitoral stimulation. You can also use it on other body parts like nipples or as part of a full body tease. It’s a great multi-functional vibrator. Next to the Soraya model, this is my second favorite LELO product and one that I’ve continually reached for over the years.

The Winner of this Round: Gigi-2 knocks out her older sister with both impressive power and more variety of vibration patterns.

Round #4: Accessories

The both come with a satin drawstring pouch for storage, an instruction manual, warranty, and a charger. The charger on the Gigi 2 is considerably lighter and more slender than the original Gigi. If you’re traveling, this might be a bonus for you. Personally, I actually prefer the weight of the original charger, but they both perform the same.

The white charger belongs to the Gigi 2 while the black charger goes with the original.

It comes with a sample of personal lubricant, but you can use any brand, as long as its water based.

You should also get a silicone-friendly toy cleaner if you don’t have one already. My favorite cleaner is the Pjur Med brand, but I’ve also used BioClean.

The Winner of this Round: This is pretty much a draw, but I’ll give the edge to the Gigi 2 because of the smaller, lighter charger, which makes storage and travel easier.

Round #5: Waterproof

This is a simple one. The original Gigi is not waterproof, whereas Gigi 2 loves to get really wet. I have used it in the shower and had no issues, but you can also use it in the bathtub. The charging socket is sealed internally, so it’s submersible up to 1 meter. Considering that this is a g-spot vibrator, you may actually prefer a shower environment sometimes to minimize the mess if you’re a squirter, so this is a huge plus. If you like long luxurious baths, Gigi 2 is a great little toy to have on hand. I had a friend in college who was a devotee of her bathtub faucet when it came to masturbation, so if you were one of those girls, this is definitely the toy for you.

The Winner of this Round: Gigi 2 gets an easy win.

The Overall Battle Winner and New G-Spot Vibrator Champion: Gigi 2

The enhancements and upgrades to the original model are impressive. The highlights for me are the increase in power and the waterproof component. Depending on your lifestyle and whether waterproof toys are your thing, you may want to consider the upgrade if you already own the original.

If you don’t have either model, personally I would go for the Gigi 2, just to get all the bells and whistles. If, however, you’re on a budget and want to try out the LELO line or invest in a g-spot vibrator, I have seen the original model deeply discounted online from various resellers as they make way for the new Gigi 2 inventory. You might want to pick one up for yourself or for the lucky lady in your life. The holidays are coming up and Gigi is guaranteed to please even the most discerning of dirty girls.

Link to the LELO website:

Sure you don't work for LELO? OK, I know you don't, but they should hire you!! Gigi 2 is on my wish list now, just what I need, more toys!! THANKS A LOT, HAHA!!!