Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How to walk in Stilettos - this is something that a lot of women don't know!

last reply
19 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I watched a commercial the other day, though I can't find it on Youtube, that had a woman in her 40's wearing a pair of nude stilettos and a beige business suit - walking down a street.

Well, she was doing it all wrong. In essence, she was marching or stomping her feet by keeping her knee bent, rather than walking properly with heels on (straight knee, flexing only as much as necessary)

I realized that many women never learned how to walk properly in stilettos. If you cannot walk properly in them, but wear them - please stop. There is nothing sexy about stomping in stilettos. The sex appeal is in the way you stand and the way you walk, not the fact that you're wearing them.

This is a good video - albeit long - which goes over some solid advice to learning how to walk properly in stilettos by building up to it.

This one gives good examples of what not to do, and advice on how to manage time, since you have to take shorter steps, it also covers stairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DmDW_bTlg

My personal advice: learn how to walk in your tip-toes without shoes on. This will teach you how to rely less on your heel, and more on the strength of your foot to manage stairs and other things.

When in doubt - leave the stilettos out.
Lurker
0 likes
I know there is no secret to it, it's all physics and practice but I can't for the life of me do it! My husband has a shoe fetish and we have bought countless pairs, the poor things sit in my closet. To shoot a question at you...How long does it typically take to break in a pair of heels? I think between trying to learn period, and doing it in heels that are not broken in it's a lost cause for me. There is nothing I would love more than to wear heel outside of the bedroom and in a standing position...
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

When in doubt - leave the stilettos out.

This is the best tip of all - not everyone can (or should) wear stilettos. There are plenty of ways to cheat height with stacked heels and wedges that are much more forgiving for those that don't feel comfortable in them. I agree - the clomping is the worst. The way you move is always sexier than what's on your feet, in my opinion. Rocking flats or a kitten heel is always more attractive than a woman that's wearing shoes that make her clomp, lurch and hobble.
The Linebacker
0 likes
My wife can walk in stilettos!!!! I love to watch!

(But she's not too supportive of my suggestion that they add the stiletto 400 meter hurdles to the Olympics.)
Lurker
0 likes
I'm 5'7'' and I love wearing stilettos .I don't wear stilettos for the height purpose ..I feel sexier when I wear them and i definitely don't need a video to tell me how to walk in them.. It just comes natural to me..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This video won't even help me! I'm just too darn clumsy to walk in high heels . I'm cursed with wearing my oxfords and converse only.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love love love my stilettos
Lurker
0 likes
It is about weight, balance and the quality of the shoe.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do the 'heel to toe' walk - much sexier than stomping my feet (believe me this is easier said than done...lol!!!... it takes practice).

I also do the '1 inch lift yourself up from the stilettos' test. If I can comfortably lift myself up, it means I have just the right amount of balance, if not I don't buy because it would just stay as a pair of shoe souvenir on my rack.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I have to laugh. I know a number of women who "stomp" regardless of the footwear.

They honestly sound like an elephant is chargin'!!

I remember being told as a youngster, that heavy-footedness is unattractive in either gender.

Listen to how you (or someone else) enters a room, goes up or down a flight of stairs, walk on hardwood floors (that's a huge tell of your heavy or light-footedness). I have found often, people who are physically active in sports or dance, seem to be more in tune with their gait and are more quiet than the non-athletic types. (sorry for the generalization)

On a personal note, I was off work for 15 weeks this summer/fall ... and it took me about a week to get back to the ease of my high heels at work. yay!!! I do love my high heels!!
Lurker
0 likes
If someone has to "teach" you how to walk in a shoe, take them off - they are not for you. For those who stilettos were made for, when they put them on that person is transformed into the sexy creature that stilettos were made you make you into - like me!

Everyone cant wear everything! Recognize your limits and stay there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't do stilettos.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

This is the best tip of all - not everyone can (or should) wear stilettos. There are plenty of ways to cheat height with stacked heels and wedges that are much more forgiving for those that don't feel comfortable in them. I agree - the clomping is the worst. The way you move is always sexier than what's on your feet, in my opinion. Rocking flats or a kitten heel is always more attractive than a woman that's wearing shoes that make her clomp, lurch and hobble.

Agreed. I'm a woman that loves her heels but I will only wear those styles and heights I know I can get away with and look good while doing it.
Classified
0 likes
Use the 4x4 style.

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I usually run around in jeans and flats in the daytime, so putting on something feminine and some heels if I'm going out in the evening is always a boost! But never so high that I stomp, that would ruin the general effect! ;)
Chat Moderator
0 likes
*Since I'm short I love wearing stilettos. There's something sexy about putting on high heels. Your legs look fabulous, your boobs are
Pushed out, and your bum has that perfect shape. Needless to say, on those days, I get extra looks and attention. Perfect pick-me
Up sexy kinda day. And yes, I learned how to walk properly in them, so I can shake the booty just right too. *
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Since I'm short I love wearing stilettos. There's something sexy about putting on high heels. Your legs look fabulous, your boobs are
Pushed out, and your bum has that perfect shape. Needless to say, on those days, I get extra looks and attention. Perfect pick-me
Up sexy kinda day. And yes, I learned how to walk properly in them, so I can shake the booty just right too.
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Ok…even the most skilled walkers can break their necks in stilettos…

If you can’t walk in them at home, please, oh please leave home without them!
Brown Sugar
0 likes
...And if you just have to have stilettos, you can pay for lessons on how to properly walk in them!

Amazing!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

On a personal note, I was off work for 15 weeks this summer/fall ... and it took me about a week to get back to the ease of my high heels at work. yay!!! I do love my high heels!!

Me too, yours and mine... lol ;)