The Friend Zone

last reply
33 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am personally offended by the friend zone. My personal experience with it is that someone I am interested in will put me "in the friend zone" for only a few reasons. In my experience, those reasons have been:

1) To have my emotional and moral support for them in their life without reciprocating
2) Wanting my attention and using the friend zone as a way to string me along and maintain that attention without making me a part of their life
3) They don't have the courage to say that they are just not interested
4) They want to cause anguish in my life to know they have the ability to do so

If they were really keen on being friends, they would have no problem dating, because it's really just an extension and deepening of friendship. Either that or we have vastly different ideas of what friends and dating are all about. Think
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
5) they have baggage they need to process first. And have met your to early on in that process. Strong enought not to loose an opportunity of getting to know you. (Not stringing along).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i don't like this. I don't know this person well enough to trust or not trust them. Maybe I jumped in too fast.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by BlueEyes031886
I am personally offended by the friend zone. My personal experience with it is that someone I am interested in will put me "in the friend zone" for only a few reasons. In my experience, those reasons have been:

1) To have my emotional and moral support for them in their life without reciprocating
2) Wanting my attention and using the friend zone as a way to string me along and maintain that attention without making me a part of their life

If they were really keen on being friends, they would have no problem dating, because it's really just an extension and deepening of friendship. Either that or we have vastly different ideas of what friends and dating are all about. Think

I'm not exactly sure if you're seeking any advice or just venting out, but I'll give you my opinion about the so-called 'friend-zone' anyway.

All the points you mentioned are partly true, yes. If you made a move on a girl and she shunned you (for reasons that are totally personal and that she really don't need to express), she's not gonna slap you in the face either or run away from you at the first opportunity. You basically just admitted to her (verbally or else) that she stands out from other girls to you and that you'd be ready to invest in her. Even if she doesn't want you as a lover, she will surely show some respect to a guy that just demonstrated a potential devotion ; having you around is also quite an ego-boost for her (which is perfectly natural and acceptable), as you mentioned in your 2 first points.

As for point #3, she really doesn't have to explain to you explicitly that she's not interested. If she refuses your advances, it pretty much implies that she's not interested ; that's just common sense. Again, she really doesn't have to justify herself ; she's a lady, remember?

Concerning point #4, although it's not totally impossible, most people are not that 'evil' and won't cause turmoil in others just for the fun of it. If she really is 'evil', why would you show any interest for her in the first place?

My point is this, and this concerns every guy, not just you :

Guys put themselves in the 'friend-zone' ; girls have nothing to do with it.

Let's reconsider your points :

1) You're offering emotional and moral support to a girl that doesn't feel like reciprocating
2) You're giving her attention and string yourself along
3) You don't have the courage to admit she's not interested, and move along
4) You want to stay close to someone that causes anguish in your life (wtf, really)

Again, if you keep acting like so, she's not gonna refuse you either because she's only collecting the advantageous side of the bargain ; a bargain you established.

Now there's a difference between being friend with a girl and being in her 'friend-zone'. If a girl refuses my advances but still wants me as a friend (a real friend that is, not a moron that sticks around), that's perfectly fine with me. Hell, I was ready to become her lover, why wouldn't I want to be her friend? Surely we have some thoughts or interests to share.

But then she'll only be a friend to me and will be treated as such. No special attention, no lovely compliments, no flowers, no ego-boost, no emotional investment, no moral support... nothing else than friendly exchanges. She doesn't want me as a lover and thinks someone else will provide that better than me, why exactly would she deserve any of this from me?

Of course I won't be totally mean to her. She also already figured out that I have some affection for her by now. But I really won't treat her as more special than any of my other friends (for which I also have a lot of affection anyway). If I do offer her attention or compliments, it will be done in a purely friendly manner, without any underlying intentions. All of this will be done equally to what she's offering me herself. And I surely won't be shy to demonstrate that I'm looking for other girls by now too.

Acting like I'm telling you now has many 'advantages' :

- This will keep you from feeling (or acting) like a needy man who strings along girls helplessly (not attractive to girls, really)
- This will show you that you can still have meaningful interactions with ladies even if you don't fuck them in the end
- This will actually tremendously help the girl you were initially seeking out to reconsider (for reasons that might be too long to explain)

So... if you still feel in the 'friend-zone', at least you'll be aware that this is your choice.

Me personally?

Did girls refuse my advances in the past? Of course.
Did I eventually become friends with some of those? Sure.
Was I ever in a girl's 'friend-zone'? Nope... and I don't think I'll ever be.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
To the OP - quite honestly, it's your fault for not being upfront with her and telling her that you don't believe men and women can just be friends and explaining to her that opposite sex friendship has zero value to you unless you're going to get laid.

That's pretty much what you've spelled out in your post.

Many women are under the impression that friendship has value in and of itself, regardless of gender.

It sounds like a communication fuck up, but don't blame the girl for not putting out solely because she thinks you're a fun guy to hang out with now and then.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
funny, to me, if i guys in the 'friend zone' it means we're friends. i don't use him, i don't string him along, i am there for him when he needs me as much as he is there for me. i wasn't aware i being my friend was so much work! wow - you paint this picture of women as being just manipulative bitches - this might be why they aren't really interested in dating you, you know: they want to cause anguish in my life to know they have the ability to do so? wow.

btw, dating and being friends are two different animals. so, you're implying that anyone that is your friend should also be interested in dating you? just curious - are you willing to ask your male friends for a date under the same presumption? smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by sprite
funny, to me, if i guys in the 'friend zone' it means we're friends. i don't use him, i don't string him along, i am there for him when he needs me as much as he is there for me. i wasn't aware i being my friend was so much work! wow - you paint this picture of women as being just manipulative bitches - this might be why they aren't really interested in dating you, you know: they want to cause anguish in my life to know they have the ability to do so? wow.

btw, dating and being friends are two different animals. so, you're implying that anyone that is your friend should also be interested in dating you? just curious - are you willing to ask your male friends for a date under the same presumption? smile

This, squared!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BlueEyes031886

I am personally offended that you're offended. Sounds to me like your "personal experience" is jaded by an enormous ego. How dare someone not want to date you!

1) Friends are just that, friends. I have plenty of friends that I rely on for emotional and moral support, and they do to me as well. If a friend of any gender isn't reciprocating... they aren't a friend.
2) No one gets strung along unwillingly.
3) Umm... if someone puts you in the "friend zone", they just told you they aren't interested. Communication doesn't have to be verbal. If a hot girl in a bar winks at you and gives you the "come fuck me look", you wouldn't complain that she didn't have the courage to walk up to you and say "Let's fuck". If a woman doesn't respond favorably to your attentions... she's telling you where you stand.
4) No one decides, "hey, I'm gonna put ol' BlueEyes in the friend zone just to be a bitch. I have the pussy so I can do that."

I have lots of friends that I have NO desire to be more than friends with. Some are dudes, and I'm not into dudes. Some are women who I happen to not find physically attractive. And I'm sure some of them don't find me physically attractive. Some aren't a good match for me personally. Some are Crimson Tide fans. Some are like my sisters. My female friends and I have very deep relationships, dating would not deepen it, it would ruin it. For both of us. Maybe your female friends aren't into you because of looks, or attitude, or complications. Or maybe, just maybe, they don't like you like that. That isn't a flaw in their integrity. One of my oldest and dearest friends is a woman, neither of us has EVER wanted to be more than friends, she's like a sister to me. I love her dearly, but I would never consider dating her. Nor would she consider dating me.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That few instances of friend zoning that I have witnessed involved one person either before or after a friendship had blossomed, deciding that they were romantically interested in the other person and getting upset when their feelings weren't reciprocated.

There isn't really such a thing as being friend zoned as far as I'm concerned. There's simply cases of poor reactions to unreciprocated attraction.
Lurker
0 likes
Pure logic..be careful who you zone with. In a vast percentage, of zones, it's zoom and they be gone. Sort of notching up the jet.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What I've found is that there are two distinct types of women. Those who want their partner to be their lover and best friend. And those who believe those two should be two separate people. If she's the latter, then being her friend will not get you anywhere romantically. If she's the former, then there is a possibility that over time your friendship could lead to more as she gets to know you better.

However, it is very important for you to understand that the type of pressure and blaming you are putting on her will not make you more attractive to her. If anything, she's probably regretting even being friends with you. Your line stating "If they were really keen on being friends, they would have no problem dating, because it's really just an extension and deepening of friendship" is really concerning. Because it's basically saying that any woman who likes you as a friend should want to date you too. That doesn't sound like friendship at all to me. That sounds like dating. And you already know she's not interested in that. So if you can't be just her friend, walk away.

Flip the situation around. Would you date all your female friends? Or are their some that you like only as a friend, and nothing more? I have female friends who for one reason or another I would not date. I imagine you would too. However, if you secretly want to date every woman in your group of friends, then I would question whether you actually have female friends. If that's the case, stop trying to be friends with women. Stick to being friends with men, and dating women. You won't get so confused about what they want, and you'll be a lot happier.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Quenton2123
That few instances of friend zoning that I have witnessed involved one person either before or after a friendship had blossomed, deciding that they were romantically interested in the other person and getting upset when their feelings weren't reciprocated.

There isn't really such a thing as being friend zoned as far as I'm concerned. There's simply cases of poor reactions to unreciprocated attraction.

OMG (lol) - I really wouldn't have thought so many people would follow my lead, especially since Relationship Advice doesn't generally receive much attention. I was sure my long post would have freaked people out. It's nice to see people that think alike.

There are so many things others have said that I agree with ; I literally could quote just about everybody and go "This!", "And this!", "This too!".

But Quenton2123 particularly clarifies my initial argument. If it wasn't clear already in my post, to me the term 'friend-zone' (which I hate) exists only to illustrate a guy that was shunned by a girl and can't accept to be only her friend. Such a guy is unable to admit that a girl refused him, and 'acts' as her friend just to stay close to her and try his luck again at every frigging opportunity (in a needy, unattractive manner).

To most girls, such a guy won't even inspire enough respect to have him as a real friend because he's acting like a desperate man that only offers his 'services' hoping to get laid. Most girls will find this quite awkward and will maintain a certain distance - but hey - they'll still keep him around at times for the nice ego-boost he's offering freely.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stop whining.
"Omg, I'm nice to her! That means that she has to date or have sex with me!"
She shouldn't have to tell you that she isn't interested, you should be smart enough to pick up the fucking hint and spare her the bullshit.
No one is trying to use you, you just think that she's obligated to do stuff with you which she isn't.
You're a whiny cunt, if you don't like being "friendzoned" then don't make friends with women.
Some women want friends and friends help each other without expecting much if not anything in return, you're just selfish.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by BlueEyes031886
I am personally offended by the friend zone.

If they were really keen on being friends, they would have no problem dating, because it's really just an extension and deepening of friendship.

Either that or we have vastly different ideas of what friends and dating are all about. Think

Is this how you feel about your male friends too? I mean, are they similarly not keen on dating you?

Your very last sentence is the one which makes the most sense out of the entire blurb, pardner. Personally, I don't think you have a clue about friendships (with men or women) or how to go about getting laid...and you're trying to blameshift to all the women in the world you've encountered.

I'm also thinking they're reading you pretty well. Good for them.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I just looked at the definition of 'friend-zone' on Wikipedia, and I liked the way it was described :

In popular culture, the "friend zone" refers to a platonic relationship wherein one person wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not.

So yeah, being friends with someone is totally different than being in their 'friend-zone', acting like a needy and clingy person. I'm surely not in the 'friend-zone' of my male friends... I'm just their 'friend'. The same applies to my female friends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I'm not exactly sure if you're seeking any advice or just venting out, but I'll give you my opinion about the so-called 'friend-zone' anyway.

All the points you mentioned are partly true, yes. If you made a move on a girl and she shunned you (for reasons that are totally personal and that she really don't need to express), she's not gonna slap you in the face either or run away from you at the first opportunity. You basically just admitted to her (verbally or else) that she stands out from other girls to you and that you'd be ready to invest in her. Even if she doesn't want you as a lover, she will surely show some respect to a guy that just demonstrated a potential devotion ; having you around is also quite an ego-boost for her (which is perfectly natural and acceptable), as you mentioned in your 2 first points.

As for point #3, she really doesn't have to explain to you explicitly that she's not interested. If she refuses your advances, it pretty much implies that she's not interested ; that's just common sense. Again, she really doesn't have to justify herself ; she's a lady, remember?

Concerning point #4, although it's not totally impossible, most people are not that 'evil' and won't cause turmoil in others just for the fun of it. If she really is 'evil', why would you show any interest for her in the first place?

My point is this, and this concerns every guy, not just you :

Guys put themselves in the 'friend-zone' ; girls have nothing to do with it.

Let's reconsider your points :

1) You're offering emotional and moral support to a girl that doesn't feel like reciprocating
2) You're giving her attention and string yourself along
3) You don't have the courage to admit she's not interested, and move along
4) You want to stay close to someone that causes anguish in your life (wtf, really)

Again, if you keep acting like so, she's not gonna refuse you either because she's only collecting the advantageous side of the bargain ; a bargain you established.

Now there's a difference between being friend with a girl and being in her 'friend-zone'. If a girl refuses my advances but still wants me as a friend (a real friend that is, not a moron that sticks around), that's perfectly fine with me. Hell, I was ready to become her lover, why wouldn't I want to be her friend? Surely we have some thoughts or interests to share.

But then she'll only be a friend to me and will be treated as such. No special attention, no lovely compliments, no flowers, no ego-boost, no emotional investment, no moral support... nothing else than friendly exchanges. She doesn't want me as a lover and thinks someone else will provide that better than me, why exactly would she deserve any of this from me?

Of course I won't be totally mean to her. She also already figured out that I have some affection for her by now. But I really won't treat her as more special than any of my other friends (for which I also have a lot of affection anyway). If I do offer her attention or compliments, it will be done in a purely friendly manner, without any underlying intentions. All of this will be done equally to what she's offering me herself. And I surely won't be shy to demonstrate that I'm looking for other girls by now too.

Acting like I'm telling you now has many 'advantages' :

- This will keep you from feeling (or acting) like a needy man who strings along girls helplessly (not attractive to girls, really)
- This will show you that you can still have meaningful interactions with ladies even if you don't fuck them in the end
- This will actually tremendously help the girl you were initially seeking out to reconsider (for reasons that might be too long to explain)

So... if you still feel in the 'friend-zone', at least you'll be aware that this is your choice.

Me personally?

Did girls refuse my advances in the past? Of course.
Did I eventually become friend with some of those? Sure.
Was I ever in a girl's 'friend-zone'? Nope... and I don't think I'll ever be.

I genuinely appreciate the insight in this post, and I did a lot of reflecting today. I had suspicions that I was doing a lot of this to myself, but I couldn't seem to find all of the pieces I needed to get the whole picture, and this laid out a lot of it. Taking all of this into consideration and setting my own personal boundaries in a few friendships I was able to relieve a LOT of my stress over the situation.

And, for anyone that has a problem with me asking this question, or feeling the way I have I just want you to know that I'm not ashamed to have asked or to have felt what I felt. I'm doing the best that I can, and I don't care that I didn't meet your standards. If you have enough understanding to feel entitled to shame me, why wouldn't you just share that insight and help me grow instead of trying to drive me further into the ground with thoughtless insults?

There have been a lot of assumptions made about my character simply because I was frustrated over a situation in my life that I'm trying to grow past.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Poppet
I'm wondering why you thought it was necessary to make this SAME forum twice?

I found the relationship advice forum after the other one, and thought this was more appropriate place.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I see where you are coming from. Unfortunately, I had been involved with some pretty manipulative people and I guess I just developed trust issues. I was the stereotypical white knight and ended up in a lot of bad relationships. That's why I'm here trying to get all of this worked out.

I guess I'm lost in my own point regarding dating and friendship... I see dating as a natural outgrowth of friendship, so I kind of felt like maybe I just wasn't a good enough friend, so I would do more and try to be a better friend and end up in a world of hurt. My fault, I know, but again, that's why I'm trying to gain some insight... not trying to claim my position is right. If I thought my perspective was absolutely correct, I wouldn't have posted in here looking for feedback.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Wango

"Omg, I'm nice to her! That means that she has to date or have sex with me!

HAHAHA . Good point, but you're still an asshole
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by BlueEyes031886

I genuinely appreciate the insight in this post, and I did a lot of reflecting today. I had suspicions that I was doing a lot of this to myself, but I couldn't seem to find all of the pieces I needed to get the whole picture, and this laid out a lot of it. Taking all of this into consideration and setting my own personal boundaries in a few friendships I was able to relieve a LOT of my stress over the situation.

And, for anyone that has a problem with me asking this question, or feeling the way I have I just want you to know that I'm not ashamed to have asked or to have felt what I felt. I'm doing the best that I can, and I don't care that I didn't meet your standards. If you have enough understanding to feel entitled to shame me, why wouldn't you just share that insight and help me grow instead of trying to drive me further into the ground with thoughtless insults?

There have been a lot of assumptions made about my character simply because I was frustrated over a situation in my life that I'm trying to grow past.

I'm glad I could help, sincerely. I included bits of polite patronization here and there in my response, but really this was just my friendly way to tell you to man up a bit and make you realize that you were more in control of the situation than you thought. Whining helplessly about this situation will lead you absolutely nowhere, and will only affect negatively the image you have of yourself.

In your avatar, you seem like a fairly active and good-looking man, and also don't sound completely dumb in your responses. I wouldn't have responded to you if you seemed like a lazy moron that does nothing with his life and still wishes to have a girlfriend.

This girl refused you? So what? You are what you are, and do what you please ; if it doesn't fit her tastes, find another girl that will appreciate what you have to offer. This whole situation doesn't make you a pathetic loser, nor does it make her a manipulative bitch.

Concerning those who responded to you harshly, really, the way you portrayed ladies in your original post was a bit harsh and judgemental on its own. Some ladies here surely have been on the other side of the situation, and were most probably annoyed by the fact that they were perceived as 'evil manipulative bitches' just because they are generally polite enough not to tell a guy to 'fuck off' when he makes advances. Dealing with this situation, rejection, can be as awkward and difficult for them as it is for us men.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by BlueEyes031886

I see where you are coming from. Unfortunately, I had been involved with some pretty manipulative people and I guess I just developed trust issues. I was the stereotypical white knight and ended up in a lot of bad relationships. That's why I'm here trying to get all of this worked out.

I guess I'm lost in my own point regarding dating and friendship... I see dating as a natural outgrowth of friendship, so I kind of felt like maybe I just wasn't a good enough friend, so I would do more and try to be a better friend and end up in a world of hurt. My fault, I know, but again, that's why I'm trying to gain some insight... not trying to claim my position is right. If I thought my perspective was absolutely correct, I wouldn't have posted in here looking for feedback.

me too. major trust issues. but seriously, if i was to date every friend i had... well, it would be a lot of work. sometimes a friendship is just a friendship. enjoy it for what it is, don't hate it for what it's not.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

me too. major trust issues. but seriously, if i was to date every friend i had... well, it would be a lot of work. sometimes a friendship is just a friendship. enjoy it for what it is, don't hate it for what it's not.

I'm tryina get in your friend end zone, know what I'm sayin?
The Linebacker
0 likes
It's simple, men and women can be friends if they are not shallow, self-centered, cliche-talkin', trendy doofuses.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I'm tryina get in your friend end zone, know what I'm sayin?

Yeah, we all know what your saying
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
It's simple, men and women can be friends if they are not shallow, self-centered, cliche-talkin', trendy doofuses.

Exactly! Male/Female relationships don't always have to end with sex. Just be happy you have a friend, man. Most times it's not even The Friend Zone. Sometimes, relationships are meant to be chaste and not taken to the sexual level. Other times emotional attachment outweighs the carnal wants. Friendship should be first on your brain. . .not just trying to take a woman to bed. If that's your only intention than you're (the guy who started this forum) pretty selfish.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Another thing that annoys me about the term 'friend-zone' is that it holds a negative connotation and implies that ending up being friends with a girl is a complete failure. Hey, you can't accept to be just a friend with a lady, that's unacceptable and surely not manly ; just keep annoying her or stick around in a needy and pathetic manner, even though she's going to perceive you less and less as a strong, mature and independant man. In a way, those who fear the 'friend-zone' the most are probably those who are the most likely to fall into it. Those who don't bother will simply accept their 'friend' status, yet are still going to be perceived as respectable men by women. Such a man will also be considered a 'real friend' and not just a 'fake friend' that's acting with uncertain intentions.

Of course, you don't want to approach girls you're interested in only displaying a friendly attitude either. You have to somehow demonstrate that you have sexual desires too if you want them to see you as a potential romantic partner. That's another issue with guys who often complain getting 'friend-zoned' in my opinion ; they can't be upfront about their sexuality, yet start whinning when women perceive only friendly qualities in them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Whining helplessly about this situation will lead you absolutely nowhere, and will only affect negatively the image you have of yourself.

That's a whole issue in itself.

Quote by SereneProdigy

Concerning those who responded to you harshly, really, the way you portrayed ladies in your original post was a bit harsh and judgemental on its own. Some ladies here surely have been on the other side of the situation, and were most probably annoyed by the fact that they were perceived as 'evil manipulative bitches' just because they are generally polite enough not to tell a guy to 'fuck off' when he makes advances. Dealing with this situation, rejection, can be as awkward and difficult for them as it is for us men.

I don't want to admit that their perspective means anything because I have been used, manipulated, and lied to. Seems like it's my fault for "letting it happen" though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
Another thing that annoys me about the term 'friend-zone' is that it holds a negative connotation and implies that ending up being friends with a girl is a complete failure. Hey, you can't accept to be just a friend with a lady, that's unacceptable and surely not manly ; just keep annoying her or stick around in a needy and pathetic manner, even though she's going to perceive you less and less as a strong, mature and independant man. In a way, those who fear the 'friend-zone' the most are probably those who are the most likely to fall into it. Those who don't bother will simply accept their 'friend' status, yet are still going to be perceived as respectable men by women. Such a man will also be considered a 'real friend' and not just a 'fake friend' that's acting with uncertain intentions.

Of course, you don't want to approach girls you're interested in only displaying a friendly attitude either. You have to somehow demonstrate that you have sexual desires too if you want them to see you as a potential romantic partner. That's another issue with guys who often complain getting 'friend-zoned' in my opinion ; they can't be upfront about their sexuality, yet start whinning when women perceive only friendly qualities in them.

Well said.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Kal-El85

Exactly! Male/Female relationships don't always have to end with sex. Just be happy you have a friend, man. Most times it's not even The Friend Zone. Sometimes, relationships are meant to be chaste and not taken to the sexual level. Other times emotional attachment outweighs the carnal wants. Friendship should be first on your brain. . .not just trying to take a woman to bed. If that's your only intention than you're (the guy who started this forum) pretty selfish.

Unfortunately, I always get my signals crossed. I meet a girl I want to be friends with and she was just looking to get laid and I didn't pick up on it until it was too late... or I meet a girl who just wants to be friends and I'm just looking to get laid.

Why would it be selfish, it's not like I'm out there trying to lead a girl on just to sleep with her. Can you honestly tell me that women never just want a good fuck and nothing more? Unfulfilling, I can agree with. I'd much rather meet someone with a deeper meaning to our relationship, but let's face it. I'm getting nowhere with anyone.