Paddles. Best type and where to buy.

last reply
11 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife really likes to be spanked and so to please her in any way I can I bought a riding crop. Alas it was a piece of crap that came in 2 pieces which would come apart any time I used it on her. This, as you can imagine, was rather frustrating on her and only served to leave her disappointed. Of course I could always use my hand, and have been, but now I would like some advise on what crops or paddles work best and where I can buy them without taking out a second mortgage. Thank you in advance for your help.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't know if others will agree with me on this, but have you tried riding crops that are meant for use on horses? They tend to be more durable than the kind you get out of a sex store (Well I've not broken my one yet on myself).

If not, they can be picked up relatively cheap. (Robinsons do whips from just £3)
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity
I don't know if others will agree with me on this, but have you tried riding crops that are meant for use on horses? They tend to be more durable than the kind you get out of a sex store (Well I've not broken my one yet on myself).

If not, they can be picked up relatively cheap. (Robinsons do whips from just £3)

Thank you for your reply Moonlight Serenity, and thank you for your suggestion. I am certainly willing to try a real riding crop but I don't know what 'Robinsons' is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by martb40

Thank you for your reply Moonlight Serenity, and thank you for your suggestion. I am certainly willing to try a real riding crop but I don't know what 'Robinsons' is.

Robinsons is a massive horse supply store.

You can find them here.

Edit: I don't know if they'll ship to the states at a decent price, but there should be a similar provider in the states.
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity

Robinsons is a massive horse supply store.

[url=]You can find them here.[/url]

Edit: I don't know if they'll ship to the states at a decent price, but there should be a similar provider in the states.

Thank you so much Moonlight. That info is great. I'll look here to see what I can find.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you have a Fleet & Farm near you, it is another good spot for "pervertables" If she really gets into it I would suggest a tawse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you have a Fleet & Farm near you, it is another good spot for "pervertables" If she really gets into it I would suggest a tawse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Paddles are quite severe. You can only paddle someone a relatively small number of strokes without bruising.

As a step up from a crop, I'd consider either a tawse or a belt. A belt is particularly easy, since they're obviously widely available. To use a belt as a spanking implement, fold a men's belt in half (without creasing it). Place the buckle and loose end in your palm and wrap once around the back of your hand and back over your palm again. For most waist sizes, the result should be a doubled strap a bit more than a foot long. Used this way, the doubling of it adds extra weight, though it will make it more noisy.

You should not have any particular difficulty bringing tears, but even with a couple dozen moderate strokes (or even more), there won't be nearly the level of bruising that even a dozen with a paddle would leave.

I prefer a tawse over a belt, but there is no vanilla purpose for a tawse - you can only get them from kinky stores. A tawse is like a strap (think of a belt with no holes on the far end and a handle instead of a buckle on the near end), but cut down the middle into two or three "tails." The split allows for reduced air resistance, so it's "stingier."

Moving up from a tawse would be a razor strop. A strop is a very thick leather strap originally intended for honing straight razors. A real strop will have a handle, like a strap, but at the far end there will be a metal eye to hang it, or perhaps even a metal hanger. The presence of metal at the far end makes it dangerous to use as an implement, but with the metal removed, what you're left with is a very stiff, leather strap, which is as close as you can get to a wooden paddle without actually being one.

Kink stores sell all sorts of straps as well. One that stands out is the venerable "Canadian prison strap," ostensibly made from leather almost as thick as a strop, but with a couple rows of holes near the end.
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
0 likes
Rug beater
padded paddle
Not to mention "flappers", "floggers," "cat'o nine tails" and a sundry of others.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
**Dredging up an old thread here...

As it has been said here, you can use a variety of implements for spanking purposes. The riding crop is a staple as is a good full-grain leather belt. But think about other items as well. What about using a fly swatter - that will give a good sting to an errant sub's backside. Plastic spatulas, large wooden or plastic spoons and flat-backed wooden hairbrushes also work well.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I honestly don't think that paddles are at all severe. Like anything else, I suppose it all depends on how you use them. Riding crops seem to me to be a lot easier to make a mistake with.
0 likes

I got one of those wooden paddles that has the rubber band and ball attached to it.I bought some Lexan and traced the paddle out on it and cut it out on the band saw and after a little bit of work had all the edges smoothed out ,Then I gave it to my Mistress . Lexan is very strong yet flexible ,it wont brake and is flexible and can be very painful when Mistress really wants it to be . When I miss behave Mistress makes sure to paddle me hard enough to make me not want to do what I did to get the spanking ever again . That paddle has changed my life, I am so obediant now and will do what ever it takes to keep from being spanked.