Accents?

last reply
98 replies
8.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well? Do they turn you on or turn you off?
Personally,I love any accent on a woman/man cause it feels so foreign
My current partner is from the Us and I'm from Canada. So he speaks with a Midwest accent as he is from those cluster of states,My first partner had an Italian accent and it was thick! Oooh the way he talked dirty to me left me quaking in my boots

So if accents turn you on? Which ones do and don't?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm Scottish so I find any accent out of my native quite hot.

Irish is always hot, as is welsh. I think hearing my own accent in others, especially if its really thick, quite a turn off.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOVE me a beautiful accent! I always find a proper British accent to be incredibly arousing. Of course, equally as arousing are the romance languages like Italian, French or Spanish - Dio Mio! Being Canadian, I'm always at least little excited whenever I hear someone with the slightest accent. I'm far too easy to please I think :P
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some I Like more than others, Russian is probably one of the hottest IMO, I also like Australian.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love accents... A southern drawl to Australian...Italian....lots of others.. Its just so sexy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think I have ever heard an accent I didn't like. British, Irish, Southern, Australian... Pretty much anything
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
It's mental stimulus. Kind of, think along the lines of "the grass is always greener on the other side". We hear our own local dialect day in and day out, and suddenly ... an accent! Our brain (OK, I'll insert here that everything in this post is my own personal opinion, and not some source of study.) ... Our brain immediately responds to this foreign stimulus with interest.

The Irish lilt, the Scottish brogue, the Southern drawl, and that sexy Australian thing? The elegant Brits, and the naughty Greek... Those are my favorites. All equal panty-wetters. Why? They're strange, they're foreign, they're erotic in their newness. And I LOVE it.

Talk dirty to me ... especially if you've got an acent. I'll be putty in your hands.
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm Irish and living in The U.S. I find that I get lots of positive feedback from people here, though I don't see why. To me it's a real rough accent. I love accents too though. Almost anything that is different than your own accent seems to be a bit exotic.
0 likes
I'm an American, I find the southern accents very sexy plus Russian, German, Italian, English, Irish, Scotish, Austriallian accents are very sexy as well
Lurker
0 likes
Oh I love a British accent. But a French and Italian will get me going too.....I remember some years ago at an old job on a telephone conference. The speaker was from Australia...at the end of the phone call I was bold and asked him if he could talk to us all day. Was totally lost in his accent.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love the Irish accent its just such a huge turn on for me now if you put that with a fiery red head I'm in lust big time
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love the Irish accent its just such a huge turn on for me now if you put that with a fiery red head I'm in lust big time
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
why I read this post? why....whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?... my poor french accent....a long time ago (not so long actually ...pffff), when I was abroad, women around me, found my french accent so sexy...but today...I am horrified to hear that french accent is not anymore in the top of the list of the most sexy accent....shame on us... I hate the world for that ...Why I read this post? snif...snif... loooooool!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
pretty much any accent gets me going, whether it be one of the many UK accents, Australian, New Zealand Southern USA... the list goes on.. but the one accent I cant stand and is a turn off is the New Jersey Accent... I cant stand it its like nails on a chalk board to me.
Lurker
0 likes
Personally I have found that for every sexy voice with an accent there is one that turns me off. It is not the accent that does it but overall voice qualities paired with the person themselves. Kind of like how food does not really "taste" in itself, but the looks, smells, etc lend to the overall experience. So I can't say, for instance, that an Australian accent turns me on, by default. Some do, some do NOT. (same with any other accent)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bluewolf12

Now my friend, Ginger Murphy, love the Fylde accent! Reckons it's the sexiest accent in the world.3bQ4hwMOpbBXoLtL
0 likes
Irish is sexy as are some of the Southern US ones (more the southeast, Texas/Oklahoma drawls aren't that sexy to me). Spanish and some of the Hispanic ones sound beautiful as well. In the end, though, it is the voice rather than the accent. The accent is just part of the equation. I've met Irish voices that didn't do anything for me and plain old Eastern Canadian ones that do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Irish is sexy as are some of the Southern US ones (more the southeast, Texas/Oklahoma drawls aren't that sexy to me). Spanish and some of the Hispanic ones sound beautiful as well. In the end, though, it is the voice rather than the accent. The accent is just part of the equation. I've met Irish voices that didn't do anything for me and plain old Eastern Canadian ones that do.

What about the English accent?
What about the Liverpool accent?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

Double post AGAIN!!!
0 likes
Quote by dpw

What about the English accent?
What about the Liverpool accent?

Hey, I wasn't being exhaustive there or anything. Actually, Liverpool (or Merseyside or whatever they call your accent) is another nice one. Would love to have someone from Liverpool whispering sweet nothings in my ear.
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
Quote by little_kitty
It's mental stimulus. Kind of, think along the lines of "the grass is always greener on the other side". We hear our own local dialect day in and day out, and suddenly ... an accent! Our brain (OK, I'll insert here that everything in this post is my own personal opinion, and not some source of study.) ... Our brain immediately responds to this foreign stimulus with interest.

The Irish lilt, the Scottish brogue, the Southern drawl, and that sexy Australian thing? The elegant Brits, and the naughty Greek... Those are my favorites. All equal panty-wetters. Why? They're strange, they're foreign, they're erotic in their newness. And I LOVE it.

Talk dirty to me ... especially if you've got an acent. I'll be putty in your hands.

I was thinking This ^ ^

I never really thought I had much of a strong accent myself, until I posted a few audio stories and everyone started commenting on my accent. There aren't many accents that I don't like to listen to. My problem is if I spend too much time with someone with a different accent to mine, I start to pick up theirs as well, and it sounds like I'm taking the piss.
Lurker
0 likes
I like certain accents A LOT. A Scottish, Irish, or Brazilian accent makes me get a little weak in the knees

There are more that I think are sexy... Italian, British, Australian... but they don't get me going just from saying, ''Hello how are you?'' lol

That being said, there are some accents that I don't find particularly sexy at all. Also, being American, hearing accents from all around the world is like... word... sex...

OO! OO!! South African accents are pretty hot too
Lurker
0 likes
Personally, a soft southern US accent, Kiwi or any others that are softer sound lovely.

Irish WOULD fall in there, but I'M Irish and grew up with it. While mine is primarily Mid-West US now, when I get really relaxed my own comes back.

Needless to say, my girls love it and do what they can to get me feeling content so I start lilting at them (shrugs)
Lurker
0 likes
British accent
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Now my friend, Ginger Murphy, love the Fylde accent! Reckons it's the sexiest accent in the world.8sj4XfCtO1SSaF0O

Wouldn't mind meeting have to put me in touch lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by bluewolf12

Wouldn't mind meeting have to put me in touch lol

I'm just off out to buy the hair dye and practice the accent, top of the mornin to be sure.
Lurker
0 likes
A mild South African accent makes me weak in the knees and wet in the knickers..
The sound of it is just so deliciously hoarse without being too much so..
Come to think of it, it's got less to do with the accent itself than the person who spoke with it. I miss her.x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The sound of a native southern accent from the US absolutely melts me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any type of accent turns me...absolutely drives me crazy~~