Announcing our Autumn Equinox Story Competition, $200 First Prize

last reply
23 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
The Autumn Equinox signals the beginning of Fall. It is the day in which there are exactly 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness at the equator.

In ancient times, the Autumn Equinox was cause for a variety of pagan festivals, among them the celebration of the birth of Mabon, the son of Mordon, the Goddess of the earth. It is also known as The Second Harvest Festival, Wine Harvest and Feast of Avalon.

At this festival it is appropriate to wear all of your finery and dine and celebrate in a lavish setting.

Competition Theme

Mabon is celebrated with festivals, feasting, copious amounts of food and wine. We expect stories will contain some of these hedonistic and over-indulgent elements.

The symmetry between light and darkness on this day, could lead to some interesting interpretations too.

Full competition details can be found here.

Clever Gem
0 likes
OH FUCK! Is this like happy Lammas???

I got in trouble for this once already this season... Happy Llamas!!

I'll back out now xx
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
Hehe Yay! I think I might put in for this one ... My first competition story! And I've got just the perfect idea!!!
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Is cannibalism still not recognized as a taboo mini-category and subject to an immediate ban?

Otherwise I'm all out of ideas, except maybe...

Aliens.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Is cannibalism still not recognized as a taboo mini-category and subject to an immediate ban?

Aliens.

not sure how you went from cannibalism to aliens, but ok, i can roll with that... aliens are incredibly autumnal. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Ooooh! This contest's already got my creative juices brewing. I've gotta brainstorm on this one. Watch out Lush Stories Kal-El85's entering the game (contest).
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Kal-El85
Ooooh! This contest's already got my creative juices brewing. I've gotta brainstorm on this one. Watch out Lush Stories Kal-El85's entering the game (contest).

ok, cool. things are already getting serious. i'm liking it. looks like there's going to be some serious competition from all the whisperings i've been hearing in the back ground. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by sprite

ok, cool. things are already getting serious. i'm liking it. looks like there's going to be some serious competition from all the whisperings i've been hearing in the back ground. smile

(looks around conspiratorially and whispers)

I've heard that J.K. Rowling has signed up an account under the username *Removed to prevent legal action* to try her hand at erotica!
Mazztastic
0 likes
I have to say that I have absolutely no ideas for anything to write for this??

I'm guessing that as usual, inspiration will strike about a week before the deadline! Ha ha!!

Looking forward to being able to read all the entries this time though, I never got through the ones in the last comp as I was super busy!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I have to say that I have absolutely no ideas for anything to write for this??

I'm guessing that as usual, inspiration will strike about a week before the deadline! Ha ha!!

Looking forward to being able to read all the entries this time though, I never got through the ones in the last comp as I was super busy!!

you could write about giant squid umm... having a festival...? i'd vote for that one!

Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you could write about giant squid umm... having a festival...? i'd vote for that one!

Oh that reminds me, I have a nice tentacle pic for your wall... (I've saved it somewhere!)

I'll think of something! At least it's a nice long deadline, so it gives me plenty time to procrastinate!

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

Oh that reminds me, I have a nice tentacle pic for your wall... (I've saved it somewhere!)

I'll think of something! At least it's a nice long deadline, so it gives me plenty time to procrastinate!

Been thinking the same thing smile
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Been thinking the same thing smile

Me too. I actually have mine sketched out but it's nice to know we can take our time with it. There's still some lazy summer days to be had.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Me too. I actually have mine sketched out but it's nice to know we can take our time with it. There's still some lazy summer days to be had.

i finished mine yesterday, but just to make it fair, i'm waiting until the last minute to send it in.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Pity.

This story I'm working on has nothing to do with those themes other than a bit of late night drinking.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Pity.

This story I'm working on has nothing to do with those themes other than a bit of late night drinking.

just up the amount of drinking and you're golden! smile

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

I'd procrastinate too, if I could only find the time.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Aliens.

now this idea would go down in lush history! lmao
Lurker
0 likes
This could be fun - look back at the Mabon celebrations I attended and spice them up a little

Ideas, ideas, ideas