Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

I think my rebound is having a break from me? Am I right?

last reply
4 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi guys,

My rebound has been a bit distant with me. We are not texting like we used to. Last week we went to another town for lunch and shopping. As we headed back to his car we bumped into another co-worker who is on maternity leave.

Rebound said "I think we better not eat at this particular spot. Because it is so obvious co-worker will be blabbing about seeing us together."

After our last sexual encounter which was last week, we arranged to hang out on Saturday night. Since he went shopping with his kids to get new supplies etc at another town. He got home and texted me "Looking forward tonight would love a few beers after such a long day."

I started getting ready and two hours before we were going to met up I get a text saying "I can't come out tongiht after all I forgot to get shoes for one of my kids. So we are going to another town tomorrow for them."

I thought that was a lame excuse. If he couldn't make it he couldn't make it. So I just wrote "Can't it wait till Tuesday as I am going to the other town, you can come with me."

Then he seemed annoyed saying "And what, having my kid look like they are not looked after."

Ever since things have quiet down. I feel like he is having space from me which is okay I mean we are not dating or anything just rebound fuckers.

I feel bad I told him to wait to get his kid shoes but I felt that was an excuse, he had all day to get these shoes and he expressed he wanted to go out before he posted. I know kids have to come first. I don't have kids, but I know parents need to put their kids before others priorities.

So yeah is my rebound giving me space? I feel guilty for sending the txt message and I apologized.

For one time I think he has taking a liking to me and now it's just sporadic texts.
Lurker
0 likes
Well - you're not dating and you refer to him as your rebound.

Perhaps, since it's not a serious relationship, it shouldn't matter that much - unless you want it to be a relationship? (I'm just saying don't sweat it - if you're not in a relationship then it doesn't need to be labeled or defined)

Sounds like a number of things could be going on in his life and since you're not in a relationship, he's not obligated to let you in.

This time of the year = parents get stressed. Harsh lesson in life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So true Metlida I shouldn't think hard into it, just go with the flow.

Oh well there is next Saturday.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You are so right Metlida, my rebound and I had lunch today and he said he has been hectic, especially since he had a meeting with a speech threapist for his kids who came to his home. He had to tidy his house up and buy more new clothes for his kids.

He did ask if I was interested in meeting him tonight for a romp after the kids have gone to bed of course.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Matilda, the problem starts with you in this particular case. You need to get straight about what you want for yourself and from him because calling him your 'rebound' and then acting like he's supposed to be your soulmate are two very different things, no wonder you're feeling confused! If he's just a fuck-buddy or friends-with-benefit, you need to get your emotions in check straight away. If you want more from him, then you need to have a serious chat with him about it to see how he feels then move forward from there.

Good luck!