What would women prefer?

last reply
16 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I'm interested to kno what is more preferable.

A guy who provides everything, and is open and treats you as an equal where you have a say in everything

or

A guy who provides everything, but is opinionated and makes all the decisions where you have little input.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Pat278

A guy who provides everything, and is open and treats you as an equal where you have a say in everything

or

A guy who provides everything, but is opinionated and makes all the decisions where you have little input.

Are you talking provision in material/monetary terms? If so, neither is preferable. I don't want everything handed to me on a plate. I work hard, and share what I have with people who matter to me when I can. I don't mind opinionated people, as long as they listen to me, too.

I think some decisions must be made alone (health, for instance), but after discussion if the consequences will be shared by both parties. If it's just where to go for a walk or dinner, I'm usually rubbish at those decisions, so he could choose more often than not.

Neither one of the options are particularly more favourable to me without more detail, sorry!
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pat278

or

Well. What I prefer is more equality: both provide, both address issues, both make decisions. Maybe one knows more about finances than the other so handles more of that, whereas the other is more apt to tackle maintenance of home, etc.

Being opinionated is just a personality factor. Someone can be any of the above (male or female in your given scenarios) and be opinionated about it.

If the other does everything: then what does their partner contribute? Your scenario is too broad/extreme.

My marriage is this: he's employed with the military, I'm a stay at home mom. He does whatever is required of him by the military and I do everything else because over half the time he's not here. It's a a point where he doesn't feel like a part of the family anymore.

We're both opinionated so we balance that out in different ways.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is this a serious question?

I don't know of too many women who would choose the second option unless she was a mail-order-bride, otherwise, an equal partnership is how it should be.

I pride myself on being a woman that still holds some old-fashioned values when it comes to relationships and family BUT I'm definitely no wallflower or doormat. I come with my very own brain which means I'm intelligent and articulate and can and do form my own opinions.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Pat278

or

I prefer the first guy.

I like opinionated guys - but as long as he's open to hearing other's opinions too.

Mutual respect is key. I'm not interested in being a Stepford Wife or the submissive, powerless one in a relationship.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I prefer the first guy.

I like opinionated guys - but as long as he's open to hearing other's opinions too.

Mutual respect is key. I'm not interested in being a Stepford Wife or the submissive, powerless one in a relationship.

So you're saying you AREN'T a flapper girl of the 1920s waiting and frothing at the mouth to be at my beck and call.

There goes my dreams of being Gatsby. Only, not dying.

Seriously though. Are there actually women out there who wants to live 1920s fantasies their whole lives with their BF/husband? I'm thinking no.NaVU4gCceG15lyxF
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

So you're saying you AREN'T a flapper girl of the 1920s waiting and frothing at the mouth to be at my beck and call.

There goes my dreams of being Gatsby. Only, not dying.

Seriously though. Are there actually women out there who wants to live 1920s fantasies their whole lives with their BF/husband? I'm thinking no.ETvPv40pWSINJufM

I'll wear the kinky outfit, but I'm not doing your laundry.

I agree - it seems like it's an easy answer for all, but I would guess that those in the BDSM lifestyle like having their man controlling things and calling all the shots while they are the submissive subservient one. I can't imagine it myself, but I guess it must work for certain couples if that's their thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
from where i come from a guy who provides... but also allows her woman to have her own and equal at all times smile
0 likes
I prefer to be equal because I find fair to be that way
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the most common phrase used by Thais is 'Up To You' and it has a dual purpose...........it absolves the speaker of any responsibility if things go wrong and it's the Asian woman's way of making you think that the man is in charge. Clever girls
Lurker
0 likes
The first option is the more preferable of the two, for me.

I don't like the idea of a man providing "everything".
I like being independent and able to support myself. I wouldn't want that to go in a relationship and I don't think it should if it's based on equality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would definitely pick option one. Both partners in a relationship need to have equal amounts of input. I don't want a guy to make decisions for me.
0 likes
Umm... I want to be treated as an equal, as I imagine most women do. I'm sure there's another side to the argument than can be articulated well, but it mystifies me.
Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex
Lurker
0 likes
Option 1. We can decide how we will go about our relationship together.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't think any man would have the balls to ask a question like this in any forum except Cavemanandsubcavewomen.com. OMG does he realise you actually got the vote, and since the death of Queen Victoria some women have actually run successful multinationals. Maybe they go home and ask the hubby if they should really sack the Finance Director after he was discovered embezzling, after all he is a man. My apologies ladies on behalf of the enlightened male sex, the men who think like that are a dying breed, thought sadly not quite extinct yet.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
depends on the woman