Login

Writing real life stories - and criticism

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
How many write your stories - word for word - based on your sex life in some regard? A relationship, a weekend, a fling, your marriage?

How do you handle criticism of *you* ? Did it cause problems for you?

I've written two stories like this and I've found that I'm much more sensitive to criticism of it because anything negative is about me, directly, my sexual tastes and interests and my relationship with my husband. In fact, though most people who read it love it - I don't handle any negative remarks or votes well at all. Otherwise, I really could care less if it's fictional. You know, any of my other stories could be criticized and it's no big deal. Maybe my character wasn't convincing enough or my delivery of the situation was overdone - or underdone.

I'm too sensitive, I suppose, to put my real sex life out there and get critiques on it. In these cases, I don't want to *not* share these stories with those who would like it - but I wish I could turn off voting and comments *just* for those few stories instead of not writing them at all.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All of my stories are "True Sex Tales". I haven't received any real negative criticism, but one reviewer didn't think one of them was hot enough. It didn't bother me. I was there. It was pretty hot. smile

Don't take criticism personally. Especially if the person doing the criticizing has no stories on their profile.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Locksley
All of my stories are "True Sex Tales". I haven't received any real negative criticism, but one reviewer didn't think one of them was hot enough. It didn't bother me. I was there. It was pretty hot. smile

Don't take criticism personally. Especially if the person doing the criticizing has no stories on their profile.

Lol. Good advice. I even remember telling someone that if they want to write they just need to learn to accept that not everyone will like it. I guess I need to thinken my skin a bit and just take it easy :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any criticism isn't of me as a "character" in the story. Most of the time readers do know or care if the story is true. Their criticism is for the writing or more often than not where they wished the story had gone. I do not take criticism personally. Listen to what everyone is saying and weigh it all together.
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

The Linebacker
0 likes
Remind me to pm you on this subject. smile