Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Apart vs. A part: Are you doing it wrong?

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Definition of apart:

a·part [uh-pahrt]
adverb
into pieces or parts; to pieces: to take a watch apart; an old barn falling apart from decay.
separately in place, time, motion, etc.: New York and Tokyo are thousands of miles apart. Our birthdays are three days apart.
to or at one side, with respect to place, purpose, or function: to put money apart for education; to keep apart from the group out of pride.
separately or individually in consideration: each factor viewed apart from the others.
aside (used with a gerund or noun): Joking apart, what do you think?
=============================================================================================

I can't tell you enough how many times I've seen apart used in a situation where a part is more appropriate. I'm guilty of it, myself. Not to be redundant, as I've already posted the definition, but apart means separate. So saying you want to be apart of something is incorrect. Saying you want to be a part of something is the correct way to go.

The more you know...

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Hehe. I mix them up, too. It's easy to bungle words like that when it takes a slight bit of effort to think it through.

That's what inspired the Hard and Soft focus of loose and lose.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
“Apart” from the fact that “a part” of me wants to throw my hands up and say, “this isn’t that hard people,” I really have no opinion on the matter ;)