What is your best cure for headaches?

last reply
160 replies
15.9k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a thumping headache and I got curious, what do you lush people do when you have a headache?
Lurker
0 likes
I usually don't drink a fuck ton the night before, for my headaches.

Just kidding. I usually just take aspirin.
Lurker
0 likes
It really depends on what kind of headache it is. Sinus, tension, migraine etc. Excedrin works pretty well for me most of the time. Caffeine stops a headache really well for some reason. Also drink a bunch of water.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
2 Advil or Extra Strength Tylenol for migraines. If it's really bad, a sports cold pack across the forehead, and plenty of water/gatorade/fluids just incase it's dehydration related.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by mentalcase
I have a thumping headache and I got curious, what do you lush people do when you have a headache?

I send him to the pub for the day.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually take over the counter Migraine Relief tablets containing Acetaminophen, Aspirin, & Caffeine. Cold packs also help.
Lurker
0 likes
As pointed out, there are many types and reasons for headaches. How you treat them often times depends on they type and reason for the headache. I have found that knowing your body and REASON for the headache is crucial and can help you head off (no pun intended) a lot of issues. Also whatever treatment you choose, do it as soon as you realize you are starting to have the problem. You can often eliminate the worst of it all by treating FAST. Don't just think "it will just go away", take care of it.

Again, depending on the type and reason for the headache any of the given solutions already listed will work fine.... so I will not list them all over again. smile
Lurker
0 likes
I guess I'm the only one who actually just grins and bears it. At times I'll take a glass of water, but only really take pills if it's really bad. Someone mentioned sex, which of course does help, but I don't have access to such a commodity, so masturbation helps instead. If none of that works, rest is my next port of call. It's only a wee bit of pain, so best just to work through it.
Lurker
0 likes
ANAL SEX!!!! You'd be dealing with a different type of pain and you won't be worrying about your headache anymore.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess it depends on the root source, as to what the best remedy may be. Before I started running, I suffered terribly from stress-related headaches, since though, I very rarely get them - and if I do, I run - it works for me. Can't use that aged-old excuse 'not tonight darling, I have a headache' as often though! Heehee x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by JohnC
As pointed out, there are many types and reasons for headaches. How you treat them often times depends on they type and reason for the headache. I have found that knowing your body and REASON for the headache is crucial and can help you head off (no pun intended) a lot of issues. Also whatever treatment you choose, do it as soon as you realize you are starting to have the problem. You can often eliminate the worst of it all by treating FAST. Don't just think "it will just go away", take care of it.

Again, depending on the type and reason for the headache any of the given solutions already listed will work fine.... so I will not list them all over again. smile

Great advise John C.

Any of those meds mentioned would help, unless its a recurring migraines which it could warrant a visit to the doc and maybe take some prescription meds.

One thing you could do is to try to keep a quick little diary. In a few months you may see a pattern, like you have not slept well two day before or foods that have been bothering you. You'll be surprised and being able to fix other issues as well.

I used to take loads of aspirin, than switched to acetaminophen because safer... Yeah right!

Today I cannot recall when was last time that I had a headache. I take things as Vit D, fish oil, MS
M (a dietary sulfur) and many others.

If you're looking for a band-aid approach than you know what to do. For a more comprehensive one, it requires you to be proactive. The benefit it's way greater that we may immagine and long lasting.

ps for a quick fix, drink (not sip) a very cold ice water.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
Water and a healthy snack. Many headaches are caused by dehydration or low blood sugar. Rest, if it's due to fatigue or stress. Those caused by asthma or sinus infections, use your meds, see your physician, or go to a clinic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My lelo and a glass of wine
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
First of all - hydration is paramount.

I always go for a long walk - get the blood moving and breathe in deeply.

If a long walk is not possible .... sex always gets the blood moving.

Migraines are a totally different Beast .... for me, ice on my neck and forehead, dark room (my eyes kill me) and wait until I throw up .... then, an Excederin and go to bed with the window open.
Lurker
0 likes
Really depends on type of headache as stated earlier, but if they continue often you may want to go see a neurologist instead of asking people on a forum. They may find the answer to your problems.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Masturbation always seems to help, if not cure it, makes me forget about it for a while. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first thing to make sure of is that you're staying hydrated. A guideline I heard somewhere suggests that a person is supposed to drink 1/2 oz water for each pound they weigh. (A 150lb person would drink 75 oz of water daily, for example.) This should get most headaches.

If that doesn't work, try ibuprofin, which is sold under the brand names Motrin IB and Advil. (Generics are widely available and exactly the same as the Advil.) I've tried Tylenol and Aleve, and I didn't have any luck. (Doesn't mean you won't, though.)

There's also supposed to be a simple acupressure point on your hands to help eliminate headaches, but I can't remember exactly where it is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I get a headache I normally drink alot of water and green tea, sometimes I'll eat some fruit or vegetables. Sometimes I like to exercise too unless its like a ridiculous pounding headache, then I just have to take some aspirin.
Lurker
0 likes
Lots of good answers, JohnC hit the nail on the head.
Lurker
0 likes
Im an Alleve kind of girl...and I have had sex before when I had a headache and it only made matters worse...So I wouldn't recommend sex as your number one remedy..lol
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I usually don't drink a fuck ton the night before, for my headaches.

Just kidding. I usually just take aspirin.

LOL!! @ the drinking comment
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
4 Panadeine.
Lurker
0 likes
I find my away message helps with my headaches.
Lurker
0 likes
Hydration, good nutrition, sleep, not being dependent on caffeine. Aspirin.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Exercise in the fresh air - work up a good sweat, feel the burn and you will forget you ever had a headache in the first place.
Lurker
0 likes
I was never a fan of taking pills. When I used to get migraines once in a while, I would drink a large glass of filtered water and then sip Irish Whiskey in a dark room. That either helped, of I didn't care about the headache any more.

Since I changed my diet and don't eat grains anymore, I never have migraines. At all. Not even regular headaches.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never been a fan of taking pills. Like mentioned before drinking water and fresh air can be great help. The best way is to avoid getting head aches. You should stay hydrated and exercise regularly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lots of water and a long run - works every time
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Massage head w oils of olive or almond and peppermint essential oil. Massage lightly. Ppl call me to get rid of their headaches. I have magic hands. Yoga. Headstand...use a wall. Don't hurt your neck if you r weak or overweight.