Profile Blog

last reply
6 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hopefully this is the right place to ask.

I added 2 "recent activities"/blog entries to my profile last night, and then deleted them. Checked on lush this morning, logged off, and then went to see what my profile looked like from a not logged-in perspective on caprice and I can still see everything I deleted from my blog. However, when I click on the Blog>>/More>> link as both a user and anon I'm showed only what I haven't deleted (which is what I want).

How can I properly remove those entries I deleted? Or is it just something that will fix itself on its own after a while?

Thanks in advance.
Matriarch
0 likes
A site this size, serving 50 million pages per month, has to cache its content.

Some changes take a few hours to percolate through the system. That's probably one of them, unless there's a bug. I've asked our expert to confirm.

Please let me know if the situation hasn't corrected itself by tomorrow.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I haven't checked lately but the delete function on my page blog has never worked for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
A site this size, serving 50 million pages per month, has to cache its content.

Some changes take a few hours to percolate through the system. That's probably one of them, unless there's a bug. I've asked our expert to confirm.

Please let me know if the situation hasn't corrected itself by tomorrow.

No, the entries stayed well into the next day. I had to a lot of activity to finally bump them off my profile. They don't appear on the "All Blogs"/main blog page, though, luckily.

Sorry if this update wasn't very informative/helpful.
Matriarch
0 likes
Apparently the wipers were on the blink...
The Linebacker
0 likes
The delete button in the profile blog does not delete the post. Once you post something it stays until it is pushed off the blog by other posts. It can't be edited or deleted.

The delete function only deletes you from seeing it when you are logged in. As soon as you log off, you will see the blog post that you sought to delete. I hope this makes sense. So if you make a typo or another error you better catch it before you post.