Making a Move

last reply
11 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
When is the best time to make a move on someone you love, or shouldn't you?
Lurker
0 likes
You will have to elaborate a little. "make a move" on "someone you love". What type of move, and is it someone you have been out with or someone you think you love, but have never been close to?
Lurker
0 likes
Make a move as in start relationship. Someone you love as in what you said.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Honey, life is short. It may not seem like it a 23 but trust me on this one so my advice is if you love someone and want to make a move, stop writing about it and just go do it already! Good luck!!
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Its not about making a move... Its not about finding the perfect words to say... Its not about looking spectacular (though dont look like a schlep) ... Its about you being you... Speak your heart and take the chips as they may fall...

A line from a movie says it all...

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by KingSex
Make a move as in start relationship. Someone you love as in what you said.

I'm still not sure whether you mean asking a girl out for the first time, or having sex with a gf the first time. If it's asking her out, Next time you are talking to her, ask her if she would like to go for a coffee sometime. If she says yes, suggest meeting somewhere the next night. If she says no, don't push it... ask her some other time. If she continually says no, it means she is not interested in you as more than a friend, and you have to respect that.

If it's someone you are already in a relationship with.... any step further will happen naturally when the time is right, in my opinion.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Ardentmale
Its not about making a move... Its not about finding the perfect words to say... Its not about looking spectacular (though dont look like a schlep) ... Its about you being you... Speak your heart and take the chips as they may fall...

A line from a movie says it all...

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Well that's pretty helpful. Not sarcastically, but literally. Thanks.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I'm still not sure whether you mean asking a girl out for the first time, or having sex with a gf the first time. If it's asking her out, Next time you are talking to her, ask her if she would like to go for a coffee sometime. If she says yes, suggest meeting somewhere the next night. If she says no, don't push it... ask her some other time. If she continually says no, it means she is not interested in you as more than a friend, and you have to respect that.

If it's someone you are already in a relationship with.... any step further will happen naturally when the time is right, in my opinion.

Thank you for your input, it helps.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
usually between 6 & 7 pm. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I completely mis-read this and thought you wanted advice on when was the best time to "make a move" out on someone. (Wait until they've gone to work, go rent a U-haul trailer, throw all your stuff in the trailer, and start driving to another state before they get back from work.). Some women find this a fairly effective method...

In your case, I'd suggest 1) re-adjusting your attitude. Don't think of it as "making a move on" them (You're probably not a Top Gun), think of it as asking someone you like on a date to see if there's mutual "attraction" and the possibility of building some kind of relationship. 2) Making a move on someone sounds like you're looking for a quick pickup, a one night stand, and bragging rights (that sux, man) 3) Be sweet, tell her you like her, ask her out to do something she enjoys doing but doesn't get to do enough 4) Don't have expectations
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by yourmisterdark
In your case, I'd suggest 1) re-adjusting your attitude. Don't think of it as "making a move on" them (You're probably not a Top Gun), think of it as asking someone you like on a date to see if there's mutual "attraction" and the possibility of building some kind of relationship. 2) Making a move on someone sounds like you're looking for a quick pickup, a one night stand, and bragging rights (that sux, man) 3) Be sweet, tell her you like her, ask her out to do something she enjoys doing but doesn't get to do enough 4) Don't have expectations

Very well said. Just be open and honest with her and do not have an agenda. Women can sense that and its a complete turn off.
Lurker
0 likes
Definitely after a few drinks....and since I work with numbers for a living, I will put a "few" at somewhere between 11 and 26.