last reply
17 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes

Please God tell me some of you have seen The Goonies! smile
It was on TV here in the UK the other night and is an absolute classic now - had to watch it again!

If you have seen it, share your favourite scenes, favourite quotes, favourite pics…

If you haven't,
Watch it! :)

Original theatrical trailer (1985)

Hey You Guys!

L x
Lurker
0 likes
Booby traps...one of my favourite movies from my childhood. Too many good lines. I have it on DVD.
Lurker
0 likes
Just watched it the other day with my children (16,7).....loved it! Another classic from the dark ages...lol
Lurker
0 likes

The rest I think are dead, or trekking through Mordor.
Lurker
0 likes
Sloth was and always will be a bad ass.

I love comets.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I love this movie. I saw it when it came out a few times, once with my mom and once with my friend. Great movie and great theme by Cyndi Lauper. I loved the 80's........

Lurker
0 likes
I was all over the video game. I can still hear the sounds effects in my head - the cheesy door slam and te mystical tune with the Buddhist.
Lurker
0 likes
I hope they turn our house into a sand trap and they keep there balls out!
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I may have some friend adding to do now, Liz.

I LOVE the Goonies.

It is one movie I can NEVER grow tired of. Can quote it with my friends all the time.

"HEY YOU GUUUUUYSSSS!"

One of the most hilarious scenes in a movie filled with hilarious scenes.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
The Goonies is one of the all time classics! I love the friendship. I love the adventure. I love the soundtrack. And most of all, I love Mouth.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
I may have some friend adding to do now, Liz.

I LOVE the Goonies.

It is one movie I can NEVER grow tired of. Can quote it with my friends all the time.

"HEY YOU GUUUUUYSSSS!"

One of the most hilarious scenes in a movie filled with hilarious scenes.

Fucking love that scene......Now you have to post the truffle shuffle too.
Lurker
0 likes

I love this movie! It's so much fun to watch.
❤️️🌹Elusive Enigma 🌹❤️️
0 likes
This is one of my favorite scenes.
 Kissing your lips while straddling your lap. 
Lurker
0 likes
I hear they are making a new Goonies....

I love this. As a kid in a small town, we always went on adventures. we would climb through tunnels or up mountains. The goonies were the epitome of what we wanted.... Stand by me was also a strong influence.

We would hike through the mountains or abandoned mines. It captured an essence that is missing in today's culture. We would build forts in the woods and set booby traps. We would go out for the day and fight mock battles, throw dirt bombs and then go home for dinner. We created a fantasy world and lived it out. Sometimes it was very dark...

Just like the goonies were attacked by the older kids. They would take us into the woods and torture us. Our revenge came when we did the same to them.

I really feel like this coming of age storyline is now missing from young people's lives.

I totally associate with the Goonies and Stand by Me.

I wish new movies would capture that essence of what it is to be a kid in a small town without the bullshit cell phone stuff.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

I love this. As a kid in a small town, we always went on adventures. we would climb through tunnels or up mountains. The goonies were the epitome of what we wanted.... Stand by me was also a strong influence.

We would hike through the mountains or abandoned mines. It captured an essence that is missing in today's culture. We would build forts in the woods and set booby traps. We would go out for the day and fight mock battles, throw dirt bombs and then go home for dinner. We created a fantasy world and lived it out. Sometimes it was very dark...

Just like the goonies were attacked by the older kids. They would take us into the woods and torture us. Our revenge came when we did the same to them.

I really feel like this coming of age storyline is now missing from young people's lives.

I totally associate with the Goonies and Stand by Me.

I wish new movies would capture that essence of what it is to be a kid in a small town without the bullshit cell phone stuff.

I also can associate with those 2 movies. I lived at the edge of town on a very large recreation lake that was created to hold Atlanta's drinking and bathing water. So we canoed or boated to several of the islands to build forts in the island's small patch of woods. We imagined ourselves as lake pirates, and often carried small pirate flags with us.

There was a lot of woods around the edge of town, especially on the Corp of Engineers property around the lake, steep hills, and we knew of a couple of abandoned tornado shelter caves. One nearly collapsed in on us. Plus, we frequented one old abandoned house. Teens had spray pianted the inside walls, and that was one place we learned what all the dirty words were.

Also, I spent much of every summer at my granddad's farm or at my uncle's farm with my cousins getting into as much fun trouble as we could. Like getting the bull to chase as we frantically ran for a place you could slide under the barbed wire fence with your heart pumping as fast as it could.

My granddad's farm was in the mountains, in fact, his property included one half of a mountain. I don't know how many times we spotted black bears. My cousins and I would hike up the side of the mountain, and granddad would let us spend the night in the log hunting cabin that was much of the way up. No running water or electricity in it. We'd carry sleeping bags, water in canteens, snacks, peanut butter sandwiches, and a walkie talkie, so granddad could check in on us. He'd usually come by just before dark on one of his horses and always tell us a scary story just before he left. I'm sure he got a good chuckle knowing that would add some paranoia about our night up on the mountain in that dark cabin. But no way were we going to call it quits and be cowards.

I didn't get a cell phone until I was in high school.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by DamonX

God I hope not. It's one of the best movies ever so even a very good attempt to recreate it would be awful imo. I love it! Stand by me is an absolute classic too