0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Botox
collegian filler
face laser peel
chemical peels
surgery

When is it to much for you or your partner?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
regular: when it takes hours, thankfully my fiance isnt prone to this.

surgery: none, not a fan of unnecessary cosmetic surgery.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i am not a primper... i find most men and women take at least double the amount of time as I... I have learned to accept that I am going to have to wait while the other primps... I prefer low maintenance men...
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It takes me less than 30min to shower, make-up, hair and dress... BUT I am having breast augmentation because my top does not match my bottom ;)
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Personally - I would be wary of anything that affects the natural movement of the face (namely the cheeks, lips and heavy botox). I think women can easily get carried away with this or things can easily get messed up depending on the skill of the doctor. Facial movement is part of communication and if it looks really 'off' it ain't a good thing.

Some subtle tune-ups are totally fine, but people have to accept a certain level of ageing is normal and it's far more attractive to have a face that still moves and looks natural versus that totally wrinkle-free, plumped up mask-face that so many have ended up with. Unfortunately I see a lot of this - everyone starts morphing into the same face/look at a certain age when they get overly ambitious with cosmetic procedures.

Same as with other things - tucks, breast implants, rhinoplasty - keep it subtle and natural and don't go for the drastic changes or have unrealistic expectations and it's fine. All cosmetic enhancements and surgeries are meant to improve upon what's already there - not to completely redesign your features as though you're an endlessly pliable ball of clay.

For me when it comes to primping or enhancements - moderation is key. I'm not into 'vanity-shaming' because some level of maintenance is a good thing - as long as regular life isn't completely ruled by the mirror. If a girl can't handle a quick ponytail/lipgloss/yogapants-and-tank weekend morning 'wake-up-and-dash' look then I would call it a problem. We can't aways look perfect and it's important to feel comfortable enough to be able to mix it up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
it usually takes me about 45 min (maybe longer if i'm sleepy) to get ready for the day. I don't think that's bad. I do a lot before going out the door
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would be a liar if I didn't admit to having done the botox thing a handful of times in the past. I also will admit to having been guilty of spending more time than I'd like to admit seriously contemplating and investigating various medical procedures that would reunite me with my younger self if only temporarily BUT then (thankfully) I have a moment of clarity and realize that I don't want to be one of those women who is so superficial as to think that looking younger will give me a better life all the while heading straight into bankrupsy just to keep up with the ongoing maintenance.

Having said that, as much as I have come to embrace the aging process and all that that means, it can still be challenging not to get caught up in chasing youth especially if one is single and looking to compete for a man's attention amongst an army of barbies. The key is to learn to accept who you are and find the beauty in that and if you're lucky, you'll have or find a partner that will love you just as you are.

As for my daily primping routine, I'm pretty low maintenance and only need about 30 minutes to go from bedhead to bodacious and that's exactly how I like my man to be as well.
Lurker
0 likes
No amount of primping could make you ugly fucking wankers presentable! Stay indoors, lock your doors, and FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BillRoops
No amount of primping could make you ugly fucking wankers presentable! Stay indoors, lock your doors, and FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES!

Go away and colour in your books