how to deal with a nuisance caller?

last reply
15 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
recently my "mrs" has had trouble with a nuisance caller,(accidentally leaked through her profile) i have taken down his number into my phone and asked her to tell me the next time that he phones her, and i will deal with it.

how best do you women think i should deal with it?

and have you women even been troubled with a similar situation?

thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

EDIT**

i should probably add that this is a continuing problem, bordering on harassment. been ongoing for days now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had a very similar problem and my ex at the time took it upon himself to deal with it. He threatened him and we wound having to go to court for harrassing him. I would call your phone company and try to have the number blocked.
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Lurker
0 likes
Most phone accounts allow you to block numbers.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by JohnC
Most phone accounts allow you to block numbers.

this ... though my provider does not block numbers ... so it was easy just to get a new number.

also, change her acct name .... and DON'T share it with strangers!!
Lurker
0 likes
You all don't have telephone harassment laws in the UK? Police can't trace the calls and file charges against the offender?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i have got her to remove her numbers from her profile, and she is careless with adding strangers... but have got her to remove them...

thanks for the help so far, will look into all these points...

Any other suggestions will be greatly received, thank you smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This might sound silly but has she asked him to leave her alone? No threats, no getting angry, just a calm and clear, 'I am not interested, stop contacting me.' If not, try it. Tell him there will be no more contact and if he continues to harass her then you will inform the police.

Block him on Skype, try to block his number through the phone company, if that doesn't work then have her save his number in her phone and in the settings forward his calls to voicemail. That way he isn't taking over her phone and she can call other people and doesn't have to worry whenever it rings. Keep all messages just in case you need them, otherwise, ignore him. If he continues to harass her and doesn't get the hint from being ignored, contact the police.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Failing all the above, my first instinct would be to convince my ladyfriend to attempt to woo him with sweet talk... to gain his confidence and to then attempt to set a meeting date with the cretin - of course at a public location.

With you watching from a distance of not more than five good striding steps away from their table.

You obviously see where I'm going with this scenario. I'll leave the rest to your own devious imagination (for my own protection).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Failing all the above, my first instinct would be to convince my ladyfriend to attempt to woo him with sweet talk... to gain his confidence and to then attempt to set a meeting date with the cretin - of course at a public location.

With you watching from a distance of not more than five good striding steps away from their table.

You obviously see where I'm going with this scenario. I'll leave the rest to your own devious imagination (for my own protection).

It would be funny if he kicked your ass though...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yeah! I can see more bad than good coming from this.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

This is your imagination failing you, Padawan.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

This is your imagination failing you, Padawan.

Okay so let's suspend disbelief and this guy doesn't break your hip and you kick his ass... Now you get arrested. This is a stupid plan dude. straight youngling learner shit.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Okay so let's suspend disbelief and this guy doesn't break your hip and you kick his ass... Now you get arrested. This is a stupid plan dude. straight youngling learner shit.

You don't deal the carnage in the public forum, man. Come'on...you're not a rookie at this shit either. You don't even do so in front of your lady friend.

Don't you watch any of the Jason Bourne films, where you know..knee caps get separated with a well placed kick... magazines are rolled up and used as head hammers. Sort of a McGuyverish Bond thang.

You're not going to be caught wielding a tire iron at the outdoor coffee cafe for fucks sakes.

Piss poor planning prevents proper performance
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by llkop
i have got her to remove her numbers from her profile, and she is careless with adding strangers... but have got her to remove them...quote]

Does anyone else not find this odd? I think I'd be questioning my partner about why they feel the need to add strangers to their Skype profile in the first place and of all places. Just being careless? I'm not sure if you're making excuses for her or you're just being a bit naive, either way, I'm afraid I don't buy it. Good luck though.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
If he is a salesman then keep him talking as long as possible agreeing to buy whatever he sell's then tell him to chare it to local Government as you can't. If he's a sex pest thats phoning your wife put on as best a female voice as you can and tell him she's out offer him all sorts of kinky sex if he will meet you within say 2 hrs once he agree's then tell him your a guy. Also get your telecom provider to also block the number for you.