Never Been In Love....

last reply
18 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As the topic says, I've never been in love. I want to be in love, but I don't know anything about it.

How do you know when it's happened????
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
You will know when you find a love.

Nature will leads you the way.

Unless if you have some kind of behavioral disorders maybe it would be difficult.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being "in love" is quite different from "loving someone", of course, but I think everyone has a different take on what being "in love" is. Generally, being "in love" changes everything. It can feel like an obsession, a life changer, an ecstatic fullness of self, an incredible longing to be with that person, a need and a hunger to make them happy, to spread Paradise all around them. The agony and the ecstasy, so to speak. It's called passion. You can feel giddy just thinking about the two of you together. When it's unrequited, it's the worst. Unfortunately, there are also the negative things - the old "I love you more" competitiveness and insecurity; the petty jealousy; the empty, hollow feelings, etc. But, have patience -- it may hit you up one day or night smile
Lurker
0 likes
Nicely put, my dear...but dearie you'll know...love is getting passed all the infatuation bullshit and getting to that point when you genuinely put that person above yourself despite all the little relationship niggles.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wow, thank you everyone for posting such positive and sweet messages. I hope I do know when that person comes into my life. Does anyone ever worry that there is no one out there for them?
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I think most people in their lives worry that there might not be anyone out there for them. It's kind of a fearful thought, isn't it? Everyone has a different feeling when they are in love. I myself never believed in true love until I met the love of my life. She truly has become my best friend, the person I trust the most. Even though there are still issues that must be worked out in every relationship, that doesn't mean that it's any less loving than another. The more you survive, the more you get to know that person (granted you take that opportunity). It's more of how you see things and get through them as opposed to what it feels like in my opinion.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
I believe in love, not in soul mates. Some love is fleeting, some lasts forever. You will know when you've found it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We are all alone in our heads I think it's called the misery of the human condition. When you meet someone who makes that feeling either through compatibility and attraction become more bearable when they dim that feeling to the point where their welfare physical or mental becomes paramount that to me is love although ultimately it is still self you are serving I think.
Lurker
0 likes
Does New Rochelle, NY count
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A very wide reaching answer from someone with the screen name Delphi, lol
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Delphi
I believe in love, not in soul mates. Some love is fleeting, some lasts forever. You will know when you've found it.

Quote by oldhound
A very wide reaching answer from someone with the screen name Delphi, lol

...what was wrong with her answer? It was a good one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just sounds like typical responses, and from someone whose screen name is linked to an ancient Greek oracle, just thought thered be more insight lol
Nerdzilla
0 likes
From a guy whose screen name is linked to an old dog, we should expect what? Not sure why I have to tell you this, but a name is just a name.
Instead of hijacking a thread to ridicule an answer, why not just answer for yourself?
If you want to make fun of me, it's cool... just make it funny or original. (this isn't) If you would like your fortune told by a real "oracle" ...Well, that shit ain't free.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hound is a nickname, and Im old. I thought I was being humorous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by TuhttttouchMe
As the topic says, I've never been in love. I want to be in love, but I don't know anything about it.

How do you know when it's happened????

If you both can't imagine a single day of the rest of your life without each other.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrLosAngeles
Being "in love" is quite different from "loving someone", of course, but I think everyone has a different take on what being "in love" is. Generally, being "in love" changes everything. It can feel like an obsession, a life changer, an ecstatic fullness of self, an incredible longing to be with that person, a need and a hunger to make them happy, to spread Paradise all around them. The agony and the ecstasy, so to speak. It's called passion. You can feel giddy just thinking about the two of you together. When it's unrequited, it's the worst. Unfortunately, there are also the negative things - the old "I love you more" competitiveness and insecurity; the petty jealousy; the empty, hollow feelings, etc. But, have patience -- it may hit you up one day or night smile

Beautifully expressed! Love is indeed all those things and there is definitely a difference between loving someone and being in love (although you can feel both for some people). Personally, nothing beats being 'in love'. It's a feeling that I miss terribly and very much hope to find it again someday soon.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by KatR

If you both can't imagine a single day of the rest of your life without each other.

Thats more the definition of "needy" or possibly "obsessive".