last reply
27 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hello,

New here, and just submitted my first series, a 7 chapter story. Anyway, as a result, 2 of the readers who enjoyed it have sent friend requests. I have a couple of questions:

1) When getting friend requests, what is your criteria for accepting or rejecting?

2) Do you accept friend requests from members of the same sex, or do you find that unusual?

Not making any judgements, just trying to see what other's feelings and experiences are.

Sweetdreemz
Lurker
0 likes
For me, when I first got here I just wanted friends so I would see a profile for a person I thought I might like to get to know better, or chat with, and I would send a request. Then I settled down and pretty much only sent requests for people I saw posting on the forums and thought they were interesting. Then I stopped accepting friends requests.

Now... I will play it by ear. What would my criteria be for accepting a friend now? Well, if their profile made them appear like someone I would want to be a friend with helps. And if we have chatted before helps too.

I also accept requests from guys, why not?

There are some on here that are very selective in the numbers of friends they keep in their FRIENDS list, and others that collect them with little to no criteria at all. So I guess it is a personal thing.

Why have friends? Well it does make keeping track of what the people you like to interact with have posted, what they are doing, and easier to contact them. But by all means you don't HAVE to be someone's friend to contact them (in most cases, some choose to disable the ability to contact them via PM unless you ARE a friend though). Also friends can see "hidden" galleries that the general membership can't see. So yeah, there are some advantages to having them.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i accept requests from everyone; i might never speak to them again OR i they might end up being my bestie. you never know. and really, not having friends from either gender or lifestyle or whatever? since i'm not looking for fuck buddies here, it makes no difference.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I first joined Lush, I accepted all friend requests from women and pretty much none from men. My original reason for being here was to read stories but then I wanted to chat with other women about sex, mainly fantasies and experiences. I really wasnt looking for a cyber BF or GF. After a while I had many friends but found that the majority of them I never chatted with. Some because of our schedules so we were never on at same time and others because it seems like some people just want to collect friends. So now I only accept a friend request if is from someone I have had contact with already via the forum, a chat room (although I do not go to chat rooms often anymore) or some other way. Or if I see something in their profile that catches my interest. And I appreciate it when there is a little note as to why they are asking me. A blank profile page or just saying Id love to cyber with you is a guaranteed way to be rejected.

As for who should you friend, no one can answer that question but you! If you want only men or only women or both, if you want many friends or just a select few, thats your choice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I only accept if their kidneys are fully functional.

Then again, I don't get requests. So, I wouldnt know. But I guess the things I would do is check their profile, read the Bio (if they have one), age (gotta be under 45) and check their interests (What's the point if we got nothing in common, right?)
I'm halfway gone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I haven't really sent or received any requests. The best thing that I can say is to review the profile of someone who sends you a request, or who you want to send a request to. If, after reviewing the profile, you're not interested, ignore the request. You have your own criteria that you're looking for in a friend, so just use your good judgment and common sense.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i think that if you cannot be bothered to either write a bit about yourself and post ANY pic ...not just of you...

well you are just too lazy for words...and words are what turns me on to people and not just sexually...but intellectually

that being said i have a rule about the youngsters

i know it is unfair but i do not want to talk about sex to kids who are MY own kids age

it is hard enough to have a sex talk with your OWN child must less someone who is their age..and no i do not find sex with an 18 year old to be anything but creepy at my age

but i have made acceptions....to some lushies

for people who write me lovely requests, who are polite and funny and respectful to the fact i am NOT here to sext with them

so your profile IS your calling card here

make it worthy people
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I only accept people that I think will be interesting for both of us.

I have some very specific requests in my profile what is acceptable and what is not.

You can't believe how many people, mostly guys, on Lush apparently can not read. So why are they here?

It is so sad because I do love men just as much as women
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i accept requests from everyone; i might never speak to them again OR i they might end up being my bestie. you never know. and really, not having friends from either gender or lifestyle or whatever? since i'm not looking for fuck buddies here, it makes no difference.

^^this^^
The Linebacker
0 likes
I accept friend requests from anyone who is not a serial killer.
0 likes
I accept request from members of whom I have had interaction with. I consider a friend just that "a friend". If I have seen you in the forums or chat rooms and we have had a little banter back and forth it's great. However if I see a random request I usually will see if they have read my stories or send a quick note asking why we should be friends.

Call it what you may, that's just the way I feel and operate here.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I will accept a friend request from just about anyone. You never know the person behind the avatar until you get a chance to chat. You could have a lot in common and they could end up being one of your best friends. You will never know until you try.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have only been here a few weeks and wow, the attention a girl gets in friends request is unreal.
i say no to anyone who has not struck up a conversation with me or mailed me to get to know me better. I can't stand the requests when they don't even bother to write a word, and can't stand the red silhouette as a profile pic.. I had to learn how to make myself disappear when logging on pretty fast.
But now i have a handle on it (I think). Trial and error was my mistake in accepting some but i have culled many. and hope to meet some true friends.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I'm the same. I haven't turned down anyone yet, although I might defriend my first person if they don't stop sending messages to all of their friends multiple times...
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I accept friend requests from anyone who is not a serial killer.

Can I get some clarification on this, Buz? You just mean convicted serial killers, right?

I don't usually accept friend requests from red AV's with no profile/bio. They usually seem pretty transient, so I don't bother most of the time. Otherwise, unless people are crude in their request, I'll usually accept. I don't send out too many.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Miss unpopular and proud of it! Tell truth I think it's pretty lame to ask someone to be your friend (lol) and not even add a sentence,,, that said i
Won't accept unless someone has something witty to say or at least a comment referring to my bio .. Haha .. Guess that's why i have soo few friends!
Lurker
0 likes
i will accept friend requests from people i think i have something in common with...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Generally if they just send a friend request and are too lazy to write a sentence or two on WHY they want to friend me, I look at their profile. If they were too lazy to say much there, either, I feel they're not really all that interested, just collecting friends online. I know nothing about them or why they want to friend me, so I don't accept. Yes have friended a couple of other women here, they are both bi and they like me in a way that i don't reciprocate but we do chat and are friends online, and I have fun comparing notes on the hottest guys we've known (no, we don't know the SAME hot guys).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ive requested friendship with those that have written a story or two that I've really liked,also those displaying a great sense of humor. Not every one has accepted tho..
cents eye type using a hunt & peck method it takes to much time to try chat rooms. any one eye try two chat with either falls asleep or they retire, sew eye dew knot try it at all.
===========================================================================================================================
Buz; the tank that you are wanting ,Is it for target shooting, Rush hour traffic,Or self protection from all of us cereal killers?(-: Joel
Lurker
0 likes
I like to check out the person's profile...See what we might have in common.....or see if they could teach me a thing or two....chatting and messaging is good.

I
Detention Seeker
0 likes
I accept anyone that asks then check their profy before thanking them. Anyone who asks has their reason to do so whatever their sexuality.
Lurker
0 likes
i don't send requests much but i do get requests.The majority are from people Who don't write a noté with request.Either that or they have no pic or info on profile.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by DirtyMartini

Boy, you're really getting picky here ain't you Buz? Think of all those poor, friendless serial killers here on Lush...

Looks around nervously...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Like many women on here, I got inundated with requests when I first joined and like a child with ADHD let loose in a candy store, I happily accepted anyone and everyone who asked. Having been here a while and met a wide variety of characters and gone through many experiences, some good and some not so good, I've come to learn a thing or two. As a result, I have completely changed my approach on how to exist on Lush with my dignity and sanity in tact and especially who I will accept as friends. As my profile states, I'm all about quality not quantity. If they don't care to leave me a message as to why they are asking for my friendship, I won't bother accpeting their request - is it really that hard? If they do leave me a message, depending on what it says, I'll first take a look at their profile to see if it's filled out and if what they have to say fits well with me and my take on this place. Regardless of anything, I do have a habit of cleaning up my friend list pretty regularly for one reason or another so there is never a guarantee of anything. It's just how I roll these days