Lent

last reply
11 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Anyone giving up bad foods for Lent? My goal is zero fast food and soda until Easter, but worst case, I'm willing to accept one a week of each, and the soda has to be clear. Trying to lose some weight and get healthier in general. Anyone else?
Lurker
0 likes
I'm giving up religion for Lent..okay maybe just Catholicism...oh gosh now I'll have to say ten Hail Mary's...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I actually don't observe Lent; it's just not a part of my religion.

Something I have noticed here (Midwest US) is that larger retailers like Walmart and Kroger are advertising fish specials as foods for Lent. It's just an interesting footnote for how religion has become a big part of our society.

On a separate, unrelated note, I have been trying to watch my intake lately; I've been using an app on my iPod touch called My Fitness Pal to keep track of my calories and my weight. Yesterday, it told me that I've lost 11 pounds (about 5 kg or .79 stone for non-US posters) since I started logging a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if that app or its website would be useful to you in your quest to get healthy.
Lurker
0 likes
Well I'm atheist myself, but it seems like it's best to give stuff up when everyone else is, too. I need to get a good scale so I can keep better track of my weight and everything. Come May 2nd, I want Wii Fit U....

PS: Stone is my least favorite unit ever.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's always a good decision to change diet and exercise habits for the better, regardless of the reason. In fact, as good as I've been lately, I know that I can do more; I don't work out at all, apart from work, and I can stand to cut out more junk and eat more vegetables.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am trying to go the whole 40 days without alcohol. So far so good!! But I am going to Las Vegas in March so not looking good!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I am trying to go the whole 40 days without alcohol. So far so good!! But I am going to Las Vegas in March so not looking good!!

Best of luck!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

that sounds hard!!! i tried to give up chocolate for lent, and then valentines day came, and everywhere you turned you had someone giving you chocolate, so i lost my battle for that day. But im back on it again!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do the Daniel fast so the only things I can really have are fruit juices grains fruits and veggies it was hard but know I incorporate this in my everyday life and I feel much better. I don't eat fast foods any more or drink sodas
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do the Daniel fast so the only things I can really have are fruit juices grains fruits and veggies it was hard but know I incorporate this in my everyday life and I feel much better. I don't eat fast foods any more or drink sodas
Detention Seeker
0 likes
The only Lent I'm interested in is money or a hubby
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Religion is superstitious claptrap.