...regarding affairs

last reply
9 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What are the circumstances that might lead you to have an affair with another man?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by atltennispro
What are the circumstances that might lead you to have an affair with another man?

Hmmm, thats a tough one, there are many accumulated reasons.
I'll start it with

DISDAIN

Ladies feel free to add to the list. (I'ts never one defined thing, but a build up of many, and a breakdown of others)

EDIT* I should add this goes both ways and not just a man bashing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can see many reasons why a woman might have an affair. Lack of sex in her realtionship, hubby/BF/GF cheats, physical and/or mental abuse are just a few of them.

But personally I woudnt under any circumstances, I just dont believe in cheating. If the relationship was so bad to the point I wanted to have an affair, that would signal me it was time to end it.

But I can understand why a woman may have one and would never judge someone if they did!!
Lurker
0 likes
I am interested in all replies, and I understand the revenge and crappy relationship motives, but I'm also interested in hearing from women who might consider an affair even when their existing relationship was great. Is this something that occurs and what circumstances might lead to it?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I can see many reasons why a woman might have an affair. Lack of sex in her realtionship, hubby/BF/GF cheats, physical and/or mental abuse are just a few of them.

But personally I woudnt under any circumstances, I just dont believe in cheating. If the relationship was so bad to the point I wanted to have an affair, that would signal me it was time to end it.

But I can understand why a woman may have one and would never judge someone if they did!!

I agree entirely, but sometimes circumstances make that IMPOSSIBLE.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Reasons differ from person to person. There's always a breaking point. Possible reasons: he's cheating, drunken mistake, stopped having sex, etc. But I agree with Nikki703. If it ever came to that point I would simply end it, but not everyone can let go so easily. An affair can give you the sex and attention your partner isn't giving you but still allow you to cling to your feelings for that person. Some people don't want t just end it because they still love their partner and want some glimmer of hope that it could be fixed and whatever problem caused them to have an affair will no longer exist.
You seem sweet, mind if I lick you to make sure?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
None. Been in the sexless marriage and even had my hubby give me 'permission' to have an affair provided I came home to him at night. Didn't want to be THAT woman. In my particular case, I made the gut wrenching decision and ended my 16 year marriage. Having an affair is not only disrespectful but cowardly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife had an affair and to this day i never had an explaination,that might give me some closure.
On reflextion ,yes i did work away ,but believe i made her feel special and wanted and worked hard to provide.I left after being told that she wouldnt give him up and to add insult to injury She kept the house ,car and all that my hard work had helped to achieve.
But my trust in woman is still there and life goes on and i hope she is happy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond

I agree entirely, but sometimes circumstances make that IMPOSSIBLE.

I totally understand. Thats why I said I can see situations where a woman would have an affair. Everyone's situation is different.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 2706ali
My wife had an affair and to this day i never had an explaination,that might give me some closure.
On reflextion ,yes i did work away ,but believe i made her feel special and wanted and worked hard to provide.I left after being told that she wouldnt give him up and to add insult to injury She kept the house ,car and all that my hard work had helped to achieve.
But my trust in woman is still there and life goes on and i hope she is happy.

I'm so sorry Ali - she didn't deserve you