Love advice

last reply
8 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hey, I have a question about falling in love. I know it's different for everyone and hard to explain, but I just wanted to put it out here for kicks. I was with a guy for awhile and I was kind of confused because I felt like I loved him but then I felt like I loved all of the things about him. I separate the two and still felt confused if I loved him. Is there any way you can give advice or is it that kind of that kind where I'll know when it happens?
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I think if you have to ask, you probably are not in love
Lurker
0 likes
I'm by no means in love. I just wanted to get advice from you guys and give some examples of stupid shit guys have done. In reality, I never have never have been in love. But thanks for for the post. I appreciate your advice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There definitely seems to be a major difference between loving and being in love. We can love someone for who they are, how they act, and other qualities, including loving us, but then there's that inexplicable whammy effect of being IN love. It has it's good and bad experiences, is mostly without rhyme or reason. We just fall and hope for something in return.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MrLosAngeles
There definitely seems to be a major difference between loving and being in love. We can love someone for who they are, how they act, and other qualities, including loving us, but then there's that inexplicable whammy effect of being IN love. It has it's good and bad experiences, is mostly without rhyme or reason. We just fall and hope for something in return.

Definitely. About a year ago I went through an experience like what you're saying and it just ended horribly. Suffice it to say, he couldn't commit. But yeah, love's a tricky thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been infatuated and in lust many times. This is when they just turn me on and I want to be around her more than anything else in the world. I reserve 'love' for later on in a relationship when I've seen her at her worst and she has seen me at mine. Dispute that, our love for each other outweighs the baggage. Further, for me being in love means I can see myself spending the rest of my life with the person. It is a serious commitment.

I can love friends and family without this kind of boundary. It is just different for a mate in my eye.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
Lurker
0 likes
I love in infatuation. It's an immense turn on and I just want to be around him more and more. I agree with you completely with you said about that. Of course love comes later. Like I said, I just haven't experienced it yet.

To love family and friends is a different kind of love.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
simple

if you breathe it hurts if they are not there

to be without them is the ultimate lonliness

but to be WITH them the greatest joy ever

you have not been in love...

it hurts like ice on your lungs and it feels like a million orgasms...ALL at once....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by pixiedust
Hey, I have a question about falling in love. I know it's different for everyone and hard to explain, but I just wanted to put it out here for kicks. I was with a guy for awhile and I was kind of confused because I felt like I loved him but then I felt like I loved all of the things about him. I separate the two and still felt confused if I loved him. Is there any way you can give advice or is it that kind of that kind where I'll know when it happens?

if you dont fight that much for the first 3 years u love him