Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Replying to the Moderator who approves your story?

last reply
78 replies
8.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not sure if this is the appropriate spot to post this and if not I apologize.

When my fellow authors get the typical message saying your story was approved, do you reply and thank them for approving it and checking it over?. I cannot imagine the time it takes to read all the stories and get them onto the site.

I would also like to know what some Mods think smile I always feel ungrateful when I don't write and say thanks!
Head Nurse
0 likes
Many authors do, some do not. We volunteer our time to verify, so the thank you is appreciated, but it is not required.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
Many authors do, some do not. We volunteer our time to verify, so the thank you is appreciated, but it is not required.

Makes sense. I more or less wanted to know if there was a type of "etiquette" that should be followed smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I also really appreciate the editors/moderators feedback. Sometimes it is the only feedback I get on a story.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by pixiedust65
I am not sure if this is the appropriate spot to post this and if not I apologize.

When my fellow authors get the typical message saying your story was approved, do you reply and thank them for approving it and checking it over?. I cannot imagine the time it takes to read all the stories and get them onto the site.

I would also like to know what some Mods think smile I always feel ungrateful when I don't write and say thanks!

I have a special folder where I put all my thank you's. They're always appreciated and it's nice to know the author's happy. They range from a short 'tnx' to a "Thank you" or to a "You freaking rock and if I ever meet you, I'll buy you a shot of whatever you want."

I like knowing the author's happy, but it's not a must. So no obligation, but we still appreciate them. :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually just do a quick thank you. They are over-worked and under paid lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try to do a thank you every time, because I knoiw I feel better when I receive them after I've approved someone's story. As others have said, we are all volunteers, so a thank you isn't required, nor is it even expected. But it's always nice when we get one.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
is it necessary? no. is it expected? no. is it appreciated? yes! there's nothing nicer then to get a little thank you note from an author. does it effect how we treat them? no. we try to treat all of the authors with equal respect and care. what it does do, sometimes, when we're feeling a little burned out (trust me, burnout as a story mod is an issue at times - it's a labor of love, but still, it can wear you down) is give us a little jolt of energy, a little pick me up, and i always try to respond with at least a smiley face cause that's what i'm doing when i read your thank yous. so, to anyone who takes the time to say thank you, this is MY thank you! smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by pixiedust65

Yes, I always do. Honestly, I'm always impressed with the quick turnaround time and usually let them know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by one_winged_angel

I have a special folder where I put all my thank you's. They're always appreciated and it's nice to know the author's happy. They range from a short 'tnx' to a "Thank you" or to a "You freaking rock and if I ever meet you, I'll buy you a shot of whatever you want."

I like knowing the author's happy, but it's not a must. So no obligation, but we still appreciate them. smile

So what do you to the ones that don't send you a thank you - do they get put on some kind of list?

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

So what do you to the ones that don't send you a thank you - do they get put on some kind of list?

Actually we process too many stories to keep track of who sends in and who doesn't send in, that's why I keep the folder, it's always nice to peek in it when we get hate mail.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

[img][/img]

Nope, They stand in the Corner with no Pants on for a Week, Happens to me all the Time,
I just leave my Pants Home now, Drafty!

Privateer
Clumeleon
0 likes
I love getting "thank you" messages but never expect them. I guess it's kind of like a bus driver - you don't NEED to thank them as you get off because, really, they're just doing their job; however, I'll bet they love being appreciated.

I thank whoever approves my stories (only one rejection so far). I know what it can mean on a really rough day of moderating.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't at first but then I realised just how much time and effort they were putting in, and since then I always send a quick thank you message.
Lurker
0 likes
Well I (with head bowed in shame) haven't thanked any of them. I did apologize after my third story was returned due to gramatical errors. My wife sat down and helped me with it and .... Well I knew I should have gone over it more. There was no way that it should have been turned in. I still feel bad about that. To those who have to deal with new inexperienced writers like myself, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by pixiedust65

What a lovely post :) Thank you for that.

I know that the moderating team do their level best to support new writers and offer continued support to the more experienced writers also. I send a note of gratitude to the mod who spends the time to verify mine.

We get so many stories through and it is great to see so many talented writers on this site. There is so much work that goes on in offering support and guidance that I think a quick 'thank-you' is always nice and is more than appreciated!

Sophisticate
0 likes
Considering the time and effort that goes into reading and editing stories here, the notes about issues and how they should be fixed when a story is sent back, or notes about edits that have been made as hints for next time, why would writers not thank mods?

I appreciate it when a note with a thank you arrives. Personally, I think it is part of good manners. I say thank you all the time to people who do things for me. It costs nothing and makes someone feel good about what they have done.

Edit: I should have thanked Phoenix69 for being so gracious and all of you who have posted thanks here. So, thank you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
These are all great answers. Hopefully it also sheds some light on how a simple thank you can make a difference!
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Phoenix69
Well I (with head bowed in shame) haven't thanked any of them. I did apologize after my third story was returned due to gramatical errors. My wife sat down and helped me with it and .... Well I knew I should have gone over it more. There was no way that it should have been turned in. I still feel bad about that. To those who have to deal with new inexperienced writers like myself, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Your apology was a lot more than we typically get so thank YOU; I really appreciated it. Sometimes it feels like writers are just ignoring our rejection notices so it was very reassuring to see you took it to heart.
Lurker
0 likes
I always send a quick thank you. I appreciate the work they do. To all the mods that read this, whether you verified one of my stories or not - THANK YOU
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I like knowing the author's happy, but it's not a must. So no obligation, but we still appreciate them. smile

What happens to my bacon bikini thank you's? do they go in the folder too lol

Back on point, I do like to send a reply with a little thank you. I know I've missed sending a few but I think its important for all the time that they give to site and keeping up the standard of stories.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Several authors do send a thank you note and that is appreciated. You can do whatever you feel like on that.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by racking

Back on point, I do like to send a reply with a little thank you. I know I've missed sending a few but I think its important for all the time that they give to site and keeping up the standard of stories.

you still owe me one from 2009...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
It's always a pleasure to receive a thank you, but I do not blame those that don't. I enjoy helping anytime I can
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by racking

Those get put in my -drool- folder with a reminder that licking the screen is bad for it and doesn't taste the same
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Those get put in my -drool- folder with a reminder that licking the screen is bad for it and doesn't taste the same

i noticed that when i tried to lick your avatar, OWA

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you still owe me one from 2009...

haha I wasn't on the site in 2009.... Actually I might have been.. I don't know...

here's one just for you Ms Tall-ie

You wish you hadn't asked now don't ya giggles
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I did once because the mod was kind enough to edit something so that it would be suitable for speedy publication, but haven't since. To be honest, I kind of wondered if the mods might not be very welcoming of constant messaging for such things.

In hindsight I realize it was probably really silly of me to think this way. Who'd be annoyed by a 'thank you'? D: Geez. Sometimes I just really don't know what's wrong with my brain.
Sophisticate
0 likes
Thank you notes are always appreciated.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by principessa
Thank you notes are always appreciated.

as is cash.