Best 'Cock?

last reply
6 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Two recent movie releases focus on the career of 'Master Of Suspense' director Alfred Hitchcock. Known, (given the alternative), as "Hitch" to his friends...

"Hitchcock" (2012, Dr. Sascha Gervaisi) focuses on the making of the film "Psycho" and Hitch is played by Sir Anthony Hopkins.

"The Girl" (2012, Dr. Julian Jarrold) concentrates on the director's infatuation with Tippi Hedren, star of "The Birds". Hitchcock is played by Toby Jones.

So the question is, 'Who gives the best 'Cock?"

xx Steph
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I've only seen "The Girl" and thought it was quite an interesting character study, although it does paint Hitchcock in a very bad light. I'm inclined to think that Hopkins will have been the better Hitch given that he's the better actor, but I thought Toby Jones did a really good job selling the detached abusive control-freak nature of Hitch. His fans were probably rather nonplussed by the portrayal though. Gifted director but sounds like he was quite the creepy guy. Not entirely surprising though, given the nature of his films. To be honest, knowing this side of him actually makes his films/vision even more interesting and intriguing to me.
Lurker
0 likes
I thought Toby Jones' portrayal was more revealing of the true pathos of the man.

Hopkins is a STUNNING performer and yet I thought Toby Jones really inhabited the character's real soul, portraying both his genius and his demons.

Hopkins played Hitch as APOLOGETICALLY flawed... Jones was brave enough to play the director as quite as deeply flawed, but offered no benign apology, and in his portrayal, I think, gave us a greater understanding of a troubled genius.

(I would highly recommend BOTH movies, BTW, but I really think Toby Jones NAILED the character in a way that the Hopkins movie failed to do. I might mention that the other actors in both movies, particularly Helen Mirren as Hitch's wife Alma in "Hitchcock", Sienna Miller as Tippi Hedren in "The Girl" and PARTICULARLY Imelda Staunton as Hitchcock's wife (Alma again, obviously) in "The Girl" are worth the price of admission alone.)

xx SF

(An aside... It is LUSH after all... Helen Mirren is in her sixties now... I've fancied her since she did a very crochety interview with the BBC's Michael Parkinson in the 70s... And I was a kid then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuF_IjPo6rw

If ANYTHING, she's SOOOOOOO much more fuckable NOW!!!!!)

xx SF

(Later her and Parky made friends...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU7899DXQGI

xx SF
Lurker
0 likes
Foghorn Leghorn...that's for sure
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Stephanie's excellent analysis of these two Hitchcock biopics. The Toby Jones version had a head start, of course ,because it came out of the HBO Stable and those people NEVER produce duff products. But the clincher for me was the thoroughly believeable way in which it depicted Hitch utterly humiliating Tippi Hendren in the filming of the bird attack scene. I believed what I saw; ndeed when Ms Hendren was shown a preview copy of the film, her only comment was: "I wouldn't dispute any of that." I think the guy was extremely perverted and definitely had a kink about large-breasted blondes (mind you, so have I!), often making them wear one-size-too-small sweaters (see Kim Novak in 'Bell, Book and Candle' and 'Vertigo' ; Grace Kelly in 'To Catch a Thief'; or Eva Marie Saint in 'North By North West'. Anybody know of any other Hitch movies which accentuate boobs?
Lurker
0 likes
Simply honest.

Handicapped, as men are defined to be, we usurp challenges and sit idle before beauty.