Thoughts on girls asking a guy out

last reply
44 replies
4.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I really want to go out with his guy. But he does not seem to be taking the hint and I have never asked a guy out before.

Is a girl asking a guy out pathetic?
will the guy get scared?
Should I just wait until he gets a clue?

Thoughts and advice please.

Has it happened to you?
Clever Gem
0 likes
If you don't ask, you don't get. I don't see the problem in you asking?
The worst he can say is no. If he says no, move on.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
it is very flattering to be asked out by anyone so go for it. You could say something specific like ''I'm going to ..................on the (date) would you like to join me?'' That way he can refuse if he's busy but he has the opportunity to (is the expression take a rain check?) if he's interested in you as he may just be shy - even though he seems easy to talk to which can happen when you really fancy somebody. I have experienced this; there was a girl at work who I really liked and felt she liked me too but I never got the nerve to ask her out. If she'd asked me out I would have definitely accepted.
Lurker
0 likes
Most of the women I've dated have asked me out or weve met through a third party. I love confident women. If they have the confidence to ask a man out, well thats hot. Its hotter when they make the first move sexually! I was always the cute shy, quiet guy. It seemed to attract the bad girls who thought it would be fun to corrupt me. They thought cute shy and quiet also meant innocent... Suprise! Its always the quiet ones isn't it... Now I'm to old to pull that off. I'm 48 and still get that, "He's cute!" from women. A little unsettling....
Lurker
0 likes
I think it is wonderful. It shows an INTEREST and at some level, desire. And guys so often have to guess or can read signals wrong (and yes, both guys and girls often send the wrong signals). My wife actually went back to her car to get me MONEY so that I could put it in my gas tank to go see her... I was between jobs and she lived an hour away. If there is a connection, being asked can be SO hot.... and if not, it is always a compliment.

Speaking of that.... why do some people get so offended if someone of the same sex shows sexual interest in them (when the person offended is not gay)? Heck, people should be happy and take it as a compliment that ANYONE finds them attractive or sexually appealing. Who it was does not reflect on YOUR sexuality, but on THEIRS, and be happy that you were found appealing. But that is just the way I look at things. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Is a girl asking a guy out pathetic? No its not pathetic, the guy might actually see it as a compliment.
will the guy get scared? Depends on the guy.
Should I just wait until he gets a clue? If you wait, you could lose him and never know what could of happened, so ask and then take it from there.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why don't you ask him to ask you out.

Problem solved!
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Why don't you ask him to ask you out.

Problem solved!

Is that what one would call a 'love triangle'?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After my divorce and having been out of the dating game for so many years I found it hard to reconnect. It was after a few dates random women would drop hints they would like to go out. I found it flattering and inspiring that a woman was asking me out. Just ask you might find he's waiting for you to make the first move.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Absolutely ask a guy out if you are interested. You would be surprised how unobservant we guys can be sometimes.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For sure ask him out! There is nothing wrong with a woman taking charge and asking a guy for a date.
Lurker
0 likes
I love being asked out by a woman, so sexy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Meaqntlecase; Why do you think that some opf these sayings have been around for such a long time?

Nothing ventured , nothing gained!--------------probably remain like this until you ask.. SO ASK!
GO FOR IT!
You have nothing to loose,,and every thing to gain..----------- Y our not his now, ASK, MAYBE YOU WILL BE!

BEST WISHES & GOOD LUCK( ask) Joel
Site administrator
0 likes
Absolutely. I assume in these 'modern' and 'equal' times that its not unusual for that to happen. Furthermore as someone who is very shy and perhaps lacking some self confidence right now that would be 'just the ticket'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Go for it girl. Lots of my friends do it and I would if I was totally crushing on a guy and he seemed too shy to pull the trigger. I think it would be exciting and fun to ask.
Lurker
0 likes
Bite the bullet and ask!

I can't think of something more frustrating than waiting around for that special person to ask you out.
I don't know how obvious your hints have been but I find I'm never nearly as obvious as I think I'm being and guys I've asked out in the past have then been pretty suprised when I approached them.
It's also quite enjoyable to watch the reaction on his face, if anything you might get a kick out of that.

In no way is it pathetic and if he gets scared well I, personally, don't think that's the best reflection on him.

Don't wait around for him to ask, he may never do it.

Fortune favours the brave
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The way I see things, it's perfectly fine for any one person to ask out any other person, regardless of gender. The worst thing that could happen is (in this case) he could say no. (PS: If you're worried that he might be in a relationship, you can feel him out.)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Go for it! I think men today appreciate and maybe even wish more women took the initiative in asking them out. It's a bit scary at first especially at the thought of being turned down but what always works for me is trying to put myself in the guy's shoes, it can't be easy for them either.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dont know, never happened, but it would make it easier on him I think
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In this day and age it seems very natural for a confident woman to be forward
Lurker
0 likes
If you don't ask you don't get, the worst he can say no thanks, go for it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
in my teens, there was no way... guys would play it cool and you would never know if they liked you enough to get the courage up.
Now, i recognize the little indicators, so yeah, i would call.. what's the harm in asking to chat over a coffee
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tranquil
in my teens, there was no way... guys would play it cool and you would never know if they liked you enough to get the courage up.

Hey, what do you think it is like for guys?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Being one of those "shy guys" myself, I would be extremely flattered if a girl asked me out. I find a confident woman to be very sexy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's both flattering and "equality" demonstrating. It may work out or it may not, but it's far better to let a man know you have intentions and desire than to never let them know because of some silly idea of what's appropriate or not.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I asked my boyfriend out. We'd been spending a lot of time together and I knew we both liked each other so I took the bull by the horns and asked him out....and he said yes. We've been together ridiculously happy for 3 years now biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
It is totally wrong for a girl to ask a guy out.....oh shit.....this is 2013 and not 1813?....scratch that....i'm so old that i'm just getting used to these newfangled rules.

Ask the guy out for sure. Somtimes us guys are a little too dense to take even the most subtle of hints.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
This is the day and age a sexual equality I would be flattered to have a girl ask me out and admire her for doing so.
0 likes
I asked my new boyfriend out, even tho we were getting close anyway, he was still totally shocked for a few moments. Both thrilled that I did now smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yep go ahead and ask....Most younger guys are very nervous and you might just be helping him out.