Welcome and be nice to new members

last reply
38 replies
5.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ok, I have not been here long, but I have went to the chat rooms a few times. And the SAME thing happened every time. I say hello and try to join conversations, and NOTHING. That is right, NOTHING. No hello, no response, nothing. When someone comes into a room and says hello, SOMEONE please welcome them.

Now of course this is just some friendly advice from a very social guy who loves to chat.
Lurker
0 likes
Ok, I see from reading here that others have also run into this problem. I also read the advice and other posts.. sorry, it is NOT a "new member" problem. It is a problem that is being continued by those who frequent the chat rooms. It is also not an issue of "very full", "medium full", or "few members". I have been to all three capacity rooms, and got the same thing. And frankly I have been to my share of online chat rooms and NEVER saw this happen.

So take it for what it is worth.....
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hi JohnC, I'm new here too. Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself smile
I'm cheekybrunette and this is my first time ever joining a chatroom. Hope to chat soon x
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks! And welcome to you as well. Maybe we will see each other in the chat rooms or around the forums. smile
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
There are lots of threads with good tips, but if you're still having trouble, why not create a room yourself and get to know people that way?

Then, you can lead by example when you feel more at home, and welcome the newbies. Just a suggestion.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
There are lots of threads with good tips, but if you're still having trouble, why not create a room yourself and get to know people that way?

Then, you can lead by example when you feel more at home, and welcome the newbies. Just a suggestion.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, good suggestion. And I just might do that.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i always try to say hi to everyone coming into a room if i'm there. that said, it's not always possible. sometimes i am afk, or there's too many coming and going and i lose track, or i am in conversation with someone else and i just don't notice them - i DO try to answer anyone who says hello tho - there's a little bit of personal responsibility there - if you don't say hello, maybe people figure you're a lurker - and if you don't say hello specifically to me, well, i keep track of who is addressing me by when my name shows up in RED font - anything else, if it's moving fast, i am going to miss smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the response Sprite. That is what I would expect, and how it is normally done in the chat rooms I have been to around the internet. However, as you can see, I am not a "shy" person, nor a lurker. ;) Every time I have been to a room here, I say hello, and I do my best to join on in. I was simply ignored, pure and simple. Well, except maybe one room, THAT one was filled and rolling along rather fast. All the rest were not.

But you know, I would bet those who were in the rooms would not be the ones to come read these threads anyways. ;)

I am sure there are some wonderful folks here that do go to chat rooms, and do make people feel welcome and part of the community though. I just have not seen it.... yet. But like Shy suggested, I think I will open my own room from time to time and see how things go.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't go in the chat rooms very often, but like Sprite, I try to greet every person who joins the chat after me. Coguy could probably attest to that... however it is rather exhausting and I find myself holding multiple conversations, and they begin to drop in value once there's 5 or 6 people who started talking to me. It takes something extra for that starter to become an actually interesting conversation... and then once I'm into a good conversation it's hard to keep up with more new chat members...

That being said, one would have to note I only ever go into the lounge and occasionally member owned chats. I don't cyber post images etc.

What really confuses me is when there are people in the chat that aren't talking to anyone... are they randomly whispering to people? I guess that's what you call "lurkers" but I'm not really a chat person so I wouldn't know...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Phaypi
I don't go in the chat rooms very often, but like Sprite, I try to greet every person who joins the chat after me. Coguy could probably attest to that... however it is rather exhausting and I find myself holding multiple conversations, and they begin to drop in value once there's 5 or 6 people who started talking to me. It takes something extra for that starter to become an actually interesting conversation... and then once I'm into a good conversation it's hard to keep up with more new chat members...

That being said, one would have to note I only ever go into the lounge and occasionally member owned chats. I don't cyber post images etc.

What really confuses me is when there are people in the chat that aren't talking to anyone... are they randomly whispering to people? I guess that's what you call "lurkers" but I'm not really a chat person so I wouldn't know...

that - if your're friendly, you also get a little overwhelmed at times and it become a chore to keep track of everyone talking to you to the point of you just start giving up on the less interesting conversations - for the record, i don't do sex chat - if someone wants to talk about something that catches my interest or ask questions, i'm great with that, but the whole 'hey babe, i'm bored and horny' stuff usually won't get a response.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Understood, and I have seen that too, at other places. Or rooms that have both chat and cams, and then people go on cam and don't chat IN the room... gets really boring, and fast.
Lurker
0 likes
ill be nice
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Ok, I see this topic was actually last posted in last month, but I just wanted to say that I'm a new member and when I was trying to find my way around the site I went into a chat room and was immediately greeted by about 5 people. What I am trying to find though is some sort of area to introduce yourself on the forum because I don't really want to just jump in to a conversation or topic! Is there anything like that?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MillieMinx
Ok, I see this topic was actually last posted in last month, but I just wanted to say that I'm a new member and when I was trying to find my way around the site I went into a chat room and was immediately greeted by about 5 people. What I am trying to find though is some sort of area to introduce yourself on the forum because I don't really want to just jump in to a conversation or topic! Is there anything like that?

Just joining in to the conversation is a pretty good as a way to introduce yourself; people will soon engage with you (for better or worse), visit your profile and add you to their friends list.

Welcome to Lush
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Just joining in to the conversation is a pretty good as a way to introduce yourself; people will soon engage with you (for better or worse), visit your profile and add you to their friends list.

Welcome to Lush

Agreed. And you can also create a thread in the Pimp Your Profile section too.

But I have NO doubt that female accounts get much better "attention" than male ones... more so in the chat rooms. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try to welcome people when they enter the room even if they dont say hi back. Its kinda a thing i do. but i agree with sprite when it gets crazy in there i may miss one or two. Also when im in My Sir's room or my own i Always welcome everyone no matter how long it takes. common sense, like entering one's home. So like Shy said all else fails open a room and meet people that way. I did it many times and it really helps smile good luck and welcome!
my newest :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Welcome to Lush...eventually you will get comfortable in the chat-rooms...It just takes a bit of time to get to know folks (as in real life).
Please feel free to enter *AngelsParadise* when we are open..I will most certainly introduce you to many of my friends...without question..you will feel @ ease & chatting up a storm before you know it!!...we were all newbies once. smile
The Linebacker
0 likes
I know where you are coming from JohnC. I've attempted chat very few times but nearly all of the experiences were very unfavorable. I don't type well because of dyslexia (often confuse and misplace words and letters) so without an opportunity to edit what I am typing. I felt uncomfortable anyhow. In nearly every instance no one in the room even acknowledged that I entered even after I greeted everyone by saying hello, etc.

I have to say that for awhile Garret Carr had a chat room he hosted with some nice Lush ladies and they were all very nice and pleasant when I dropped by one time. Kudos to Garret and crew as you are the only ones that gave me a favorable experience.

However, John, without using chat I have made many excellent Lush friends and met many interesting quality people here. I feel more comfortable messaging by private message and receiving messages anyhow. That way I can go back and fix my dyslexic typos. Reading and commenting on stories you like will also help you make friends. Authors love their fans. The Forum is a great place to get to know people.

I welcome you to Lush and hope you enjoy the Lush experience as much as I do, which is a helluva lot!

Happy Lushing!
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Welcome to Lush. It all depends on which rooms you are in, if there are any Lush moderators in them myself included we all try and welcome people. Busy rooms somethings to get lost if we are busy taking care of something or happen to have looked away. Some rooms are harder to "break" into as they say and you will find out which rooms those are quite quickly. Don't give up! Happy chatting smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This thread really isn't a good ad for the chat rooms. I was thinking about joining in but was nervous as i'm quite shy. And if even lush regulars like Buz are getting ignored then they don't sound like the place for me. I think i'll be like Buz and stick to forums and private chats with friends. Rant over with.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Oldfaithful
This thread really isn't a good ad for the chat rooms. I was thinking about joining in but was nervous as i'm quite shy. And if even lush regulars like Buz are getting ignored then they don't sound like the place for me. I think i'll be like Buz and stick to forums and private chats with friends. Rant over with.

you get out what you put in - i have great chat time because i make the effort to be outgoing - if you sit there and expect people to come to you, you will probably give up quickly.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Oldfaithful

Don't give up yet. Everyone gets ignored once in a while. And its not really being ignored. Sometimes if a room has many(20+) people in it is hard to keep track of who comes in and out if you are focused on chatting. I used to go into chat rooms a lot but I don't much anymore because they get so crowed and its just too hard for me to keep up. But if you find a room with less people, say 7 or 8 and you are friendly and outgoing, Im sure you will quickly be accepted and have fun!!
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Oldfaithful

Don't give up before you even start. Not all rooms are hard to chat in. If you sit quietly and don't try to interact then yes, you will most likely get ignored or get a hello or welcome and that is it. You get what you up into it for the most part. There is no need to be shy this is not face to face smile Busy rooms are a little harder as things do get lost and the slower rooms people might be busy in whisper or pm in which case you might not get spoken to either. BUT if you go into a room and say hello to everyone there is a good chance you will get a response. :)
Lurker
0 likes
I'm always nice to new members (I am still pretty new myself). If I get ignored I just take it on the chin and move on to talk to someone new , I don't ever feel its personal
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Oldfaithful

Just read this, so I would throw in my worth smile

I occasionally use the chat rooms, when I have spare time, and I always say a general hello to everyone, some people may say hello back. My tip would be, just be yourself. I mostly respond to people who say hello or comment on a photo I have posted, and who appear to be pleasant to chat with.

I hope to see you around in there and hope you will feel more relaxed when doing so, there are some great people who use the chat rooms :)

Have fun and happy lushing :)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Oldfaithful

Just read this, so I would throw in my worth smile

I occasionally use the chat rooms, when I have spare time, and I always say a general hello to everyone, some people may say hello back. My tip would be, just be yourself. I mostly respond to people who say hello or comment on a photo I have posted, and who appear to be pleasant to chat with.

I hope to see you around in there and hope you will feel more relaxed when doing so, there are some great people who use the chat rooms :)

Have fun and happy lushing :)
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Here is some food for thought. When a female enters the room, the guys flock to them..the reverse hardly ever happens. Most rooms are full of guys looking for girls or girls looking for girls. It's that simple...
Lurker
0 likes
Hi . I am also new to this and have been ignored when I have entered a chat room and said hello to everyone in it.
Having been married for 40 years ,I am as you say a virgin and am not used to chatting with either sex. I am no longer married ,but I am having an affair .
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by cheater6448
Hi . I am also new to this and have been ignored when I have entered a chat room and said hello to everyone in it.
Having been married for 40 years ,I am as you say a virgin and am not used to chatting with either sex. I am no longer married ,but I am having an affair .

just keep at it for a bit - eventually people will recognize you, or, if you see a conversation that you have something to add to, just comment and often you'll be drawn in. it does take a bit of work, depending on the crowd, but it's how pretty much everyone else started. smile