Can I get a answer?

last reply
6 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
2008 senior year of high school. I asked the girl out. As I recall, she said not now because she was planning on moving for college. So we stayed friends, graduated and lost touch. Then in 2010 we reconnected on facebook. Made small talk and chit chat for a year. Sent her a message to hang out and she ignored it. Couple months later I tried to talk and nothing. Next month asked her what was wrong and dead air. Now I am sure dating is off the table but is there hope for a friendship or should I give up?
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It sounds like she's not currently accepting applications for the Friend Zone.

Three totally ignored messages over several months means it's definitely time to give up. That's a pretty strong message she's sending even if it's not actually being verbalized.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It sounds like the 2008 brush off was her way of saying no in a nice way. To me it seems like this girl doesn't like to be the bad guy and instead of putting things straight she'd ignore it and hope it goes away. When she said "not now", she meant "not ever".

Time has passed and when you reconnected she probably hoped that you'd forgotten the whole thing. As soon as you brought it up, she cut you off.

From what you say, it's been 2 years since you last connected. Try again by all means but go in with your eyes open and certainly don't push things. One tip - never reconnect with someone with the question "what's wrong?" - it either sounds weak and needy ("what's wrong with me?") or it sound confrontational ("what's wrong with you?") neither of which help to recreate a connection
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Without knowing what's going on in her life (of if she still is even on FB) I can't give you a definite answer. What I can say is that it sounds to me that she's trying to move on to some other horizon and don't want you on board her ship anymore. The Friend Zone is usually thought of as the lowest a guy can get from a girl he likes (or just lust for). I say that's not true; The "Look-but-don't-talk" (Don't Talk for short or just letters works fine) Zone is worse. It makes you (royal you, not just you) feel inadequate and lonely for someone who dons't really care. Move on from her. If she doesn't want to talk, don't talk to her. There are better people to be friends with or have a relationship with, she doesn't seem like one of them for you.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
It looks like she has been stringing you along and now may well have found someone else give up move on and find someone new for yourself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
she is just not that into you...(get this book it applies to women too)

see it is so simple

if someone wants to talk to you...they will..THEY WILL!

move on...you are a good looking lad lots of ladies out there

dont think about her...how rude NOT to tell you the truth

happy lushing..
Lurker
0 likes
Say goodbye and move on....there's too many other women out there that will be what you're looking for....