Login

Do you like to be poked?

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
No, not a sexual question. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I'll post it here anyway.

Bit of background first, I think: Before I chat with someone, I generally like to poke them first, just to gage if they wanna talk. I know some don't like that and turn the option to receive pokes off, then go into stealth mode, which means that it's pretty much a gamble as to whether you're gonna get a reply when you black box them, not knowing if they're online or not. So would you rather a friend poked you first, or just up and black boxed you? For the record, I prefer to be poked. I think it's a good precursor to chattage. Oh and if I seem to be ignoring a poke, I probably haven't seen it, due to my antiquated phone, which I still love, by the way. Nyah, enough rambling from me, do you wanna be poked before you chat or not?
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Gurlyboy
No, not a sexual question. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I'll post it here anyway.

Bit of background first, I think: Before I chat with someone, I generally like to poke them first, just to gage if they wanna talk. I know some don't like that and turn the option to receive pokes off, then go into stealth mode, which means that it's pretty much a gamble as to whether you're gonna get a reply when you black box them, not knowing if they're online or not. So would you rather a friend poked you first, or just up and black boxed you? For the record, I prefer to be poked. I think it's a good precursor to chattage. Oh and if I seem to be ignoring a poke, I probably haven't seen it, due to my antiquated phone, which I still love, by the way. Nyah, enough rambling from me, do you wanna be poked before you chat or not?

Goodness, I can't believe I had to read all the rest of that to finally get to the question.

Answer: I don't care.

HOWEVER, if you do poke me, you friggin better have something to say. I hate to be poked and poked and poked by some guy who is waiting for me to start the conversation. YOU poked me, so man up and say something.

On that note, I rarely poke people and just launch into a conversation. I also tend to start a conversation without checking and/or knowing if someone is even online. Doesn't matter. It's whatever was in my head at that time, so I just consider it "leaving a message."
Lurker
0 likes
it bothers me to get that whole long list of poke notifications with no context. However, I will usually reply to the pokes with a message attached