Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

has anyone said they love someone and not meant it !!!!

last reply
21 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Nope. I actually hold that word in very high regard and I don't toss it around lightly. I won't say it unless I mean it.

There are big differences between attraction, infatuation, being 'in like' and being 'in love'. I think people often rush the 'love' bit too quickly or feel compelled to say it back to someone, even though they don't feel the same.
Lurker
0 likes
I say it all the time and don't mean it. I know that sounds awful but when someone tells you they love you, it just feels awkward not to say it back. I guess I shouldn't but I can't help myself. On the plus side, I sometimes say 'I love YouTube' really fast and he can't tell the difference. biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I did with an ex, it was an awful feeling to realise that I was saying those words out of habit. I couldn't work out how to end the relationship and there were months of saying 'I love you' and desperately wishing he would go away.
Princess Blondie
0 likes
No, I don't tell someone I love them if I don't mean it. Which has upset some of my exes when they were ready to say it and I wasn't. I'm not going to say it just cause they do. I also know some friends who have said it and I didn't feel the same way.
†Jinxy Approved†

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It came out once in a comment when out with a women after my divorce. She done something and said you know you love me and my reply was simply yeah. She took it in the wrong way and thought marriage was next. Had to end that quickly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
no..and never would...this is a fantasy place...

but if you do i am happy for you

love is...a wonderful thing....
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Only once, she was my first kiss and kinda slutty. Three weeks later the heat was gone and things came to a screeching stop.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've always said "I love you" and thought I've meant it... but there are times when I look back and wonder if I really did.

I say "I love you" all the time to my best friend though - that love is truly and definitely real. smile
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by SITTING
I say it all the time and don't mean it. I know that sounds awful but when someone tells you they love you, it just feels awkward not to say it back. I guess I shouldn't but I can't help myself. On the plus side, I sometimes say 'I love YouTube' really fast and he can't tell the difference. biggrin

It's not so awful. Sometimes you just have to say it back even though you don't love a person back as much as they love you. But how many people love equally in this life? not many. So that's not so bad.

I'm drunk, I won't even remember posting this shit in the morning.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never said it to anyone without the proper mean of it. It's too much of a powerfully deep word to use it freely without the true appropriate value. I don't even use it in my everyday language. I would undermine and confuse myself if I would say without being worth of the feeling and after awhile it would became stale and deprived of the sensational power that it carries, thus numbing me of that feeling.

I do use it most everyday and even jokingly as a tease "how much do you love me" but with just a few persons.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
No, I haven't. It toys with peoples emotions in a way thats not fair. If a guy tells me he loves me I'm not going to say it back if I don't mean it. Yeah that can make things awkward in the moment but I think its probably best for the emotional well being of everyone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No I havent. But there are different type of love too. I tell a lot of friends I love them and I truly do. But I am not "in love'" with them. Saying I am in love with someone is not something I just throw around.

I have only been "in love" with 3 people in my life!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
No I havent. But there are different type of love too. I tell a lot of friends I love them and I truly do. But I am not "in love'" with them. Saying I am in love with someone is not something I just throw around.

+1
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No! That would just be hurtful and cruel! Though I've had it said to me by someone who didn't mean it--and it was hurtful and cruel.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I agree. There is a difference but regardless, I would never be so cruel as to say it, whichever one, unless I truly meant it. That's just fucked up and I don't do fucked up
The Linebacker
0 likes
No. There is love, passionate deep sensual love like I have for my wife. I love my friends but in a different way. I love my family deeply but it is a different love too. But I mean it when I say it.

I never told a girl I loved her to have sex nor just because they told me they loved me. I've only said it to one and I married her.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
No, I value “love” and what it means too much to just throw it around like any other word. I’m not going to tell someone I love them just because. I have to really mean it and feel it. I may think I love someone but unless I know for sure I won’t say it. I won’t even say it to friends that I don’t feel that extreme for. Yes I may care for you, and see you as a friend but that don’t mean I “love” you. Hell, I even have family I don’t love. You can know someone all your life and not know them enough to love them. Just because their friends, or family or someone you’re dating doesn't mean you have to love them. You have to know and have that connection with them. Be it as a friend. Be it as a family member. Or be it a boy/girlfriend other.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Like many of the posters here, I consider telling someone you love them to be quite a big deal and not something to be done on a whim.

APPARENTLY, I once told someone I love them, or that I had loved them, when I never had. I don't remember but they spoke to me about it and I was like, "Bitch, I never loved you!" Awkward.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I have.

In the god awful moment where he's said those three silly words "I love you" I have responded in the same way.

I remember once replying with "Thank you" and that wasn't recieved well at all.
I think I've also pretended not to hear it at times too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yeah i have said that a few times. felt quite guilty afterwards!