last reply
33 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hola

I have just published a new version of the site that addresses some of the issues caused by Apple's fuck up (iOS 6). I am expecting a few teething problems, so please be gentle. This change effects chat, private messages and online messages (black boxes).

This release also includes:

* Add a story to your reading queue from the list view. Hover over a story and you should see a clock appear in the bottom left hand corner, click this to add to your reading queue.
* The ability to hide your published stories
* Invisible logins should stick between multiple page refreshes
* A slew of other bug fixes

Post any issues you have below, or if you just want to say how awesome it is, you can do that too.

Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks Gav, you're the best!
Lurker
0 likes
How awesome, I really like that hover effect, Thanks Gav!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Confirming the blinding awsomeness of Gav.
Lurker
0 likes
I have noticed that in the chat rooms, when typing in quotes, a \ appears.

ETA: In private chat boxes, the sound is heard when both people post, rather than when just the other person posts something. Also, a \ randomly appears when using an apostrophe.
Site administrator
0 likes
People reporting a few issues ... booted for no reason ... msgs beind sent twice .. pvt not working

Sorry
Lurker
0 likes
I've also noticed a forward slash appearing in black boxes when you write apostrophes ...
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Yes, private chats are hit and miss and double postings in chat is occurring. And no I am not drinking smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The new message sound is playing on your own messages too in private chat
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Matriarch
0 likes
It's ok, Gav eats bugs for breakfast...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As bugs go this one is a tiny one.

The escape backslash is *sometimes* showing in the black boxes (eg "I\'m" instead of "I'm")
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Alright you little bug muncher, here's an ant for you. The bootyshake smiley is still above the hugs in the private chats. Just thought I should let you know.

And I see a black cat appear around the area. I think it's watching me, watching my typing. The white mask it's wearing makes it quite scary...
Lurker
0 likes
I want to be supportive as well and say how awesome it is!!!
Lurker
0 likes
If it helps any, the problems with repeated postings in chatrooms seemingly correspond with an increased lag. I've noticed also that the 'busy' icon shows in the page tab of my browser, as if the chatroom page hasn't finished loading properly.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Gav, I LOVE the outfit you had on last night.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Mazztastic
0 likes
Apart from getting crazy log in pages it's working well... (I do think it's something to do with my home set up though)

Great work Gav!

Xxx
Lurker
0 likes
On iphone when zooming in and out using the page freezes and throws me out so i have to go through the full site log in process again!!! I assume it is IOS6 and not the site again!!!!
Site administrator
0 likes
in chat also trying to reply to an online message .. invariably get booted from the room.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am having some issues with the black boxes. they are sending multiple messages, and seem to be delayed. haven't noticed any other issues with the new update.
Bunker Love
My Dream my latest stopry
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
The right-hand picture of my signature has spazzed out. Frank's stories are obviously too hot, or something.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks, Gav. you be de bestest, Mon.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I'm glad to know why there has been issues, but do hope that the problem is fixed soon..
Lurker
0 likes
I'm sure Gav is working his hardest to get us all back on track, fulfilling our wonderful lush addictions....

Maybe he wishes he was doing this instead....!

Still no pic upload from the mac but the iPhone seems to work!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Chat rooms seem to lag big time lately,. Example i was just in a chat room this morning around 10 am Eastern time and there were about 15 people in their but the chat screen showed only two people talking and their messages were roughly 1 minute to a minute and 10 seconds apart.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
The right-hand picture of my signature has spazzed out. Frank's stories are obviously too hot, or something.

It's back to normal now.

Site administrator
0 likes
well the repeating of posts in the chat rooms appears to be fixed .. well done .. that I feel was a major issue.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
well the repeating of posts in the chat rooms appears to be fixed .. well done .. that I feel was a major issue.

Gav Chased away the parrot.Qok322G7lcil0JBI
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by Catnip

Gav Chased away the parrot.gy35ybSycbZHSLXR

You are such a billy silly !!!
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
(Dweeb on the back row raises hand)
Uh, Mr. Gav, sir, this isn't about Apple SNAFU's or chat room problems, B-U-T, I'm not getting message alerts when entering Lush. E-mail alerts do show up on my account but then, when I check my Lush inbox...nada.

Also, and in addition, my "More Than Sisterly Affection 1-3, keeps losing votes. Not a quick vanishing act, just a slow dribble from over 100 votes to under 30. No big deal, except that at this rate, I may become the first Lush writer to end up with a negative figure in the vote total. Come the think of it, if that earns me another badge, never mind.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN