Pros and cons of being a guy or a girl

last reply
41 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You may make a list or go one at a time.

Pro of being a guy: We don't have analysis paralysis.
Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Lurker
0 likes
Cons of being a girl 1. periods
2. lower pay for the same job
3. having babies and probably a lot more I'll think of later.

Pros of being a guy 1. higher pay
2. the world is your toilet
3. never having a baby
4. upper body strength
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

2. the world is your toilet

Pro of being a guy: We can roam around topless
0 likes
Pro of being a girl: never getting caught in the zipper
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Pro of being a girl: never getting caught in the zipper

I have. At least my lower abdomen. I had a pair of jeans with 2 zippers on each side in the front. I wasn't wearing underwear and ZAP! Man that hurt!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Naughty_Magician

Pro of being a guy: We can roam around topless

I do that now. Just not at the grocery.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
The pro of being a guy is you have a cock. The con is that you can get prostate cancer and lose it use. The pro of being a woman is being able to take a cock properly in your cunt. The con is that you will meet a lot of real "dicks".
Lurker
0 likes
Cons of being a guy

Feminism, society turned against men by feminists, attacks against masculinity by feminists, legal and social persecution and oppression by feminists.

supposedly we have slightly less contrastive vision than girls, it seems we have to do everything that a girl doesn't want to do b/c they'll whine about getting their shirts dirty or their nail polish from chipping imo, no offense. most importantly if you get kicked in the groin, it hurts A LOT.

-Even when abdominal fat is more active and can be gone sooner, it is risky for the cardiovascular system.
-For most men: having a high sex drive.
-Misandry is accepted and encouraged in today's society.
-On average; more body hair
-Higher risk of suffering genetic allopecia.
-There's no benefit in marriage for men at all

There are pratically no pros to being a man. If you are a man then you get to be unemployed at twice the rate as women, you get to make 15% of domestic spending decisions, you can lose your kids and go to jail if you can't pay your exhorbitant child support judgment, you can be accused of at the drop of a hat (and your false accuser never, ever goes to jail for the lie), and you get to be a part of a culture that generally treats men as moronic clowns. And you are far less likely to earn a college degree than a woman.

So for men, the advantage is physical strength. Women get all of the other advantages.

+And men don't get periods, sure. But we live shorter lives (and yet get less health research funding) and thus collect fewer retirement benefits, even though we pay the same taxes.

- being seen as disposable & expendable in society, your feelings & emotions do not matter.

Pros of being a girl

Low libido and zero interest in the opposite sex
can wear whatever they want
can cry without being called names
No accountability, everything is the man's fault
More funding for women's health then men
Label ''The Fairer Sex''
Less Body hair
can get away with almost anything, including homicide, Statutory ,child molestation,abuse,false accusations,domestic violences ( no not saying any of it is a good thing,just that when men do they should be punish to the full extent of the law, so should women)
If arrested get a lighter jail/prison sentences then a man would
both sexes generally tend to treat women in a more positive way
Live longer, don't have to do as much physical labor, have lots of options, automatically have the upper hand in divorce and custody cases (not saying that's a good thing, but it's the truth).
The Linebacker
0 likes
Pro of being female: A longer life expectancy
Con of being a female: It is usually harder to get to the top in the business world
(but that is changing, especially since females now outnumber males in college at about 60% to 40%.)

Pro of being male: A better chance of business success. (But this is dwindling guys...)
Con of being male: Shorter life expectancy.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Con of being female. It's much more difficult to get into a position of authority.
Con of being a male. You don't actually control anything, women already run the world behind the scenes.

Pro of being male. Society accepts that you are going to be a slut
Con for female, being a slut causes social disrespect

Con for male. You have to hope she wants to have sex
Pro for female. You hold the keys and already know he will when you let him

Pro. Men can handle the anger of others without really caring
Pro. Men fear pissing off women because they never ever forget!
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Pro of being a guy is being able to look like a girl. Now no one thought of that did they?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by menarealwaysignorged
Cons of being a guy

Feminism, society turned against men by feminists, attacks against masculinity by feminists, legal and social persecution and oppression by feminists.

Tell that to the women who live in Saudi Arabia. Pakistan. Afghanistan. Most of Africa and the middle east, in fact and chunks of Asia. Eastern Europe, South America, The US... Did you know that there are counties that will stone a girl to death for being or for trying to get an edcuation?

Saudi Arabia - all women must have a male guardian, they are not allowed to vote or drive. familiar with the term Shia Law? that's what they have in Afghanistan - it basically legalizes spousal . In Uganda and Nigeria women are sold by their families into marriage. In China, where there is a one child per family quota, there is forced abortion and sterilization and girls born into families wanting sons are often put to death. as women in the US, we are often paid less to do the same work, and we are victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence at a larger percentage then men.

Dutch news site Expatica reported that in 2008, there were 809 registered trafficking victims in the Netherlands; out of those 763 were women and at least 60 percent of them were reportedly forced to work in the sex industry. Of reported victims, those from Hungary were all female and all forced into prostitution.

In Greece, according to NGO estimates in 2008, there may be a total 13,000–14,000 trafficking victims of all types in the country at any given time. Major countries of origin for trafficking victims brought into Greece include Nigeria, Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria, Albania, Moldova, Romania, and Belarus.

In Pakistan, young girls have been sold by their families to big-city brothel owners. Often this happens due to poverty or debt, whereby the family has no other way to raise the money than to sell the young girl. Cases have also been reported where wives and sisters have been sold to brothels to raise money for gambling, drinking or drug addictions. Sex slaves are reportedly also bought by 'agents' in Afghanistan who trick young girls into coming to Pakistan for well-paying jobs. Once in Pakistan they are taken to brothels and forced into sexual slavery, some for many years.

In 2001 the United States State Department estimated that 50,000 to 100,000 women and girls are trafficked each year into the United States and sold as either enforced labor or sexual exploitation.

so yeah, it really does suck to be a man, women have it SO good. what i listed above, btw, is just the tip of the iceberg. so go and ahead and be bitter all you want, but really, you don't have it so bad, do you.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Tell that to the women who live in Saudi Arabia. Pakistan. Afghanistan. Most of Africa and the middle east, in fact and chunks of Asia. Eastern Europe, South America, The US... Did you know that there are counties that will stone a girl to death for being or for trying to get an edcuation?

Saudi Arabia - all women must have a male guardian, they are not allowed to vote or drive. familiar with the term Shia Law? that's what they have in Afghanistan - it basically legalizes spousal . In Uganda and Nigeria women are sold by their families into marriage. In China, where there is a one child per family quota, there is forced abortion and sterilization and girls born into families wanting sons are often put to death. as women in the US, we are often paid less to do the same work, and we are victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence at a larger percentage then men.

Dutch news site Expatica reported that in 2008, there were 809 registered trafficking victims in the Netherlands; out of those 763 were women and at least 60 percent of them were reportedly forced to work in the sex industry. Of reported victims, those from Hungary were all female and all forced into prostitution.

In Greece, according to NGO estimates in 2008, there may be a total 13,000–14,000 trafficking victims of all types in the country at any given time. Major countries of origin for trafficking victims brought into Greece include Nigeria, Ukraine, Russia, Bulgaria, Albania, Moldova, Romania, and Belarus.

In Pakistan, young girls have been sold by their families to big-city brothel owners. Often this happens due to poverty or debt, whereby the family has no other way to raise the money than to sell the young girl. Cases have also been reported where wives and sisters have been sold to brothels to raise money for gambling, drinking or drug addictions. Sex slaves are reportedly also bought by 'agents' in Afghanistan who trick young girls into coming to Pakistan for well-paying jobs. Once in Pakistan they are taken to brothels and forced into sexual slavery, some for many years.

In 2001 the United States State Department estimated that 50,000 to 100,000 women and girls are trafficked each year into the United States and sold as either enforced labor or sexual exploitation.

so yeah, it really does suck to be a man, women have it SO good. what i listed above, btw, is just the tip of the iceberg. so go and ahead and be bitter all you want, but really, you don't have it so bad, do you.

Sprite,

Dude, I refer you to the last point I made: Men fear pissing off women because they never ever forget. I suggest you make nice ASAP!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by menarealwaysignorged
Cons of being a guy

supposedly we have slightly less contrastive vision than girls, it seems we have to do everything that a girl doesn't want to do b/c they'll whine about getting their shirts dirty or their nail polish from chipping imo, no offense. most importantly if you get kicked in the groin, it hurts A LOT.

-Even when abdominal fat is more active and can be gone sooner, it is risky for the cardiovascular system.
-For most men: having a high sex drive.
-Misandry is accepted and encouraged in today's society.
-On average; more body hair
-Higher risk of suffering genetic allopecia.
-There's no benefit in marriage for men at all

There are pratically no pros to being a man. If you are a man then you get to be unemployed at twice the rate as women, you get to make 15% of domestic spending decisions, you can lose your kids and go to jail if you can't pay your exhorbitant child support judgment, you can be accused of at the drop of a hat (and your false accuser never, ever goes to jail for the lie), and you get to be a part of a culture that generally treats men as moronic clowns. And you are far less likely to earn a college degree than a woman.

So for men, the advantage is physical strength. Women get all of the other advantages.

+And men don't get periods, sure. But we live shorter lives (and yet get less health research funding) and thus collect fewer retirement benefits, even though we pay the same taxes.

- being seen as disposable & expendable in society, your feelings & emotions do not matter.

Pros of being a girl

Low libido and zero interest in the opposite sex
can wear whatever they want
No accountability, everything is the man's fault
More funding for women's health then men
Label ''The Fairer Sex''
Less Body hair
can get away with almost anything, including homicide, Statutory ,child molestation,abuse,false accusations,domestic violences ( no not saying any of it is a good thing,just that when men do they should be punish to the full extent of the law, so should women)
If arrested get a lighter jail/prison sentences then a man would
both sexes generally tend to treat women in a more positive way
Live longer, don't have to do as much physical labor, have lots of options, automatically have the upper hand in divorce and custody cases (not saying that's a good thing, but it's the truth).

In the UK a woman was sent to prison, not for falsely making a claim of , but for falsely retracting a claim. Her husband was violent and abusive, she still had contact with him and his family after she had made her claims to the police and he and his sister harassed and bullied her until she retracted her statement, and even though the court fully accepted that she was the victim of abuse and had been , she was still put on trial and sent to prison. Link

In this country, the UK, very few people come forward if they have been , it's about 5-10% and less than 7% of those will result in a conviction. They've found that the percentage of people making false claims of is no higher than the percentage of people making false allegations for other crimes, so the idea that a woman cries every time a man pisses her off is a load of rubbish. It's also very dangerous to think this way, this is why so many people are too afraid to come forward when they have been abused or assaulted, they think that no one will believe them and nothing will happen.

We live in a culture that blames women for , it's your fault if you've had a drink, it's your fault if you flirted with them, it's your fault if you were wearing nice clothes, it's your fault if you made eye contact with him. There was a London cabbie, John Worboys who attacked over 100 women, and the police only started to investigate the complaints after a 'respectable' woman made a claim against him, she was a new mum who had gone out with friends for the first time since she had her baby.

Women are taught to avoid being , rather than men being taught to not .

As for the second point I bolded, they found that if a man and a woman were being sentenced for a comparable crime, a woman was more likely to be given a custodial sentence, where the man may get a fine instead. The reason being that the money from the woman was seen as taking it away from her children and they didn't want them to be deprived of money for rent or food, so instead they would give her a short prison term. They didn't feel this way about the man so he would be fined and then he was free to leave.

That's the UK, not any of the countries Sprite listed where things are much, much worse.

If you think that you have it so bad as a man, come and walk a mile in our shoes.

Lurker
0 likes
Man Pros

no periods
can hold it longer when they need to pee ( well at least I can )
can pee anywhere as long as there's a corner or alot of trees

Man Cons

I'm sure everyone knows that a man getting any kind of damage the balls really sucks silly
shorter average lifespan

Woman Pros

can give life
can multi-task

Woman cons

child labor
they have pms

On another note, I know saying this might get me cut into pieces here but oh well, can we please just keep this thread fun without pointing out some serious real world issues and leave it to just saying whats good and annoying about being either gender rather then who has it worse, yes it's a shitty world where shit happens to everyone, some more then others and some less. But there are people who realize what's going on and TRYing to make a difference to stop it.

And yes I know the Moron with the Bane AV started it but that moron is also one of my oldest friends ( I'll try to talk some sense into him )
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by wooody32

And yes I know the Moron with the Bane AV started it but that moron is also one of my oldest friends ( I'll try to talk some sense into him )

good luck to you. as for keeping it light, i'd love to, but when someone keeps coming at you with hate - yes, hate - that's what it is that your buddy shovels. Pure, unadulterated hate for women - it's kind of hard to giggle and smile and post silly pictures of Lolz cats and stuff. maybe it's time he realizes that this isn't the right site for him if he's going to spew that kind of garbage. it's one thing to be bitter, but he's taken it above and beyond that more than once and believe me, after a while, people stop putting up with the bullshit. i'm not saying he's a bad guy - i'm simply saying that he comes off as a bad guy, and the things he say are hurtful to a lot of the women here who have lived through a lot of pain because of what has been done to them by men - am i saying all men are bad? nope, never ever said that or believed that - most guys are pretty great, but every once in a while you run across an evil son of a bitch. on the other hand, Eric seems to think that ALL women are evil bitches who are not to be trusted - he's a walking, talking, posting hypocrite at best and i, for one, am tired of hearing his self pitying, whining, mysoginistic drivel. just an opinion, but one that's likely shared by a great many women AND men on this site.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Actually, anyone that responds to menarealwaysignorged's trolling simply gives him what he wants. I'm not sure what's worse: responding to it with appropriate and predictable scorn, or ignoring him at the risk that he'll lash out further, like a child, desperate to be noticed. Personally, I prefer the latter, as rules against any matter of asshattery will eventually curb the misogynistic behavior.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kyliekained
Pro of being a guy is being able to look like a girl. Now no one thought of that did they?
surely it is the other way round. Girls can look like us and they only get called a tom boy, we would get called much worse if dressed up in public!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by freakycactus

I heard that a habitual got two years behind bars in the UK, whereas, a man guilty of stealing food for his family got five years, now that is messed up!

Pros of being women:

If they want to see tits, they can just look down.

They can be emotional and blame it on that time of the month.

They can be groupies. Male groupies are stalkers.

Free drinks. Free dinners. Free movies (you get the point).

If they are dumb, some people will find it cute.

They can wear pink without looking like a sissy.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Naughty_Magician

If they want to see tits, they can just look down.

LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
cons of being a woman:

1. professionally, what you do is at the very least attached to the fact that you're female. e.g.: you're not a doctor, you're a "doctor who is a woman." (male doctors are never doctors who are a man) --- and that's best case - it goes downhill from there.
2. guys that will fuck anything that moves get all bent out of shape if they find out you've had more than one or two partners in your life
3. every tv show, movie, album cover, bar scene, magazine, billboard, conversation you overhear from the men at the next table, etc., is constantly telling you that no matter what your skills and accomplishments, the thing that really matters is how well you keep up that nice little waistline

pros:

1. it's awesome. (i prove this by using this mathematical proof:

A. we know that i am quite awesome, and
B. we know that my girl friends are also quite awesome, and
C. my girl friends and myself are all women by definition, therefore:
D. it is proven that being a woman is awesome

2. i understand men are often rejected when asking women out, regardless of their looks or status. i have never, ever been said no to, on the simple basis that i have that y chromosome.
3. we're not beaten by the world into hiding our emotions to an unhealthy degree from a very young age.

there. you're welcome.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I like being a girl. We get to wear nail polish (and don't fucking chip it dude or you're dead), you get to wear lingerie, you get to have a collection of high heels, you get to buy silly frocks, you can be excused by society for acting ditsy, silly and confused, you get to have unlimited orgasms and for some curious reason we're usually way smarter than guys and they don't even realize it. For that reason we wrap them around our tiny finger and get away with murder hehe. Just saying? Oh yeah and like Busty said, we can show our emotions and stuff and we have nice sensitive TITS that make us feel GREAT!!

Also, most importantly, we have something guys just don't have: WE HAVE OUR GIRLFRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. The rest of my post other than girlfriends is mostly just silly stuff.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't need to ask for help to open a jar. (I sometimes pretend I need help, it makes her feel needed and helpful)
Lurker
0 likes
Some Pros:

Men look better in beards.

Women look better with boobs.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by bustyreadhead
cons of being a woman:

1. professionally, what you do is at the very least attached to the fact that you're female. e.g.: you're not a doctor, you're a "doctor who is a woman." (male doctors are never doctors who are a man) --- and that's best case - it goes downhill from there.
2. guys that will fuck anything that moves get all bent out of shape if they find out you've had more than one or two partners in your life
3. every tv show, movie, album cover, bar scene, magazine, billboard, conversation you overhear from the men at the next table, etc., is constantly telling you that no matter what your skills and accomplishments, the thing that really matters is how well you keep up that nice little waistline

pros:

2. i understand men are often rejected when asking women out, regardless of their looks or status. i have never, ever been said no to, on the simple basis that i have that y chromosome.
3. we're not beaten by the world into hiding our emotions to an unhealthy degree from a very young age.

there. you're welcome.

Thread winner.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by bustyreadhead
cons of being a woman:

pros:

there. you're welcome.

Lurker
0 likes
here is a con of being a guy....

We never have to worry about being hit on by Naughty_Magician!!!!! woo hoo! :d/
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Smoothtalkin_wolf
here is a con of being a guy....

We never have to worry about being hit on by Naughty_Magician!!!!! woo hoo! :d/

Ah, wouldn't that be a pro to being a guy, Unless of course you want to be hit on by him?
Lurker
0 likes
Of Being a Guy:

Pro- Sticking your hands down your pants for warmth.
Con- Nut Shots.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

Con of being a female: It is usually harder to get to the top in the business world
(but that is changing, especially since females now outnumber males in college at about 60% to 40%.)

Pro of being male: A better chance of business success. (But this is dwindling guys...)
Con of being male: Shorter life expectancy.
Wrong, there are plenty of women out there that know how to work it and blow/fuck thier way right to the top.Not that women can't get there on strong work ethic or anything.