What sets the alarm bells ringing?

last reply
24 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What are those little tell-tale signs on Lush profiles that give you (for little or no reason) cause to pause before going any further?

I think my top 5 would be...

5. "I have an open relationship with my husband, who often uses this account too"

4. "I'm a writer and part-time stripper"

3. "I've recently found a great dating website..."

2. "I'm 19 but i'm often told I look a lot younger"

1. "Location: Canada"
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
What are those little tell-tale signs on Lush profiles that give you (for little or no reason) cause to pause before going any further?

For me is profile something like yours..it's simple, combination bio and pic are saying something, but not enough, so I want to know more. So I guess my no1 is..

1. simplicity but not to the point being boring
2. if there are NO pic of themselves or pics of cocks and pussies, that makes me stop and actually read the bio
3. humor and some cockiness in the bio
4. if there can be read between the lines that person likes rough passionate sex
5. if it can be read that person actually have a life beside Lush

In 2 and so years time I sent out less than 20 requests..however I do have great relationships with people with different profile pages than I just described as well..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd think 20 requests is probably right for two years - I've chatted with girls on here who flatly refuse to send them at all - they'll actually ask you to send them a request rather than send one themselves!
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

5. "I have an open relationship with my husband, who often uses this account too"

Phew, lucky i moved overseas. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

You mean all this time on Lush, and all those profile views i've afforded you - and there are other men on here too???!!!
Clumeleon
0 likes
"I already have a boyfriend; one man's enough for me. Here to have some fun with sexy ladies..."
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Quote by She

For me is profile something like yours..it's simple, combination bio and pic are saying something, but not enough, so I want to know more. So I guess my no1 is..

1. simplicity but not to the point being boring
2. if there are NO pic of themselves or pics of cocks and pussies, that makes me stop and actually read the bio
3. humor and some cockiness in the bio
4. if there can be read between the lines that person likes rough passionate sex
5. if it can be read that person actually have a life beside Lush

In 2 and so years time I sent out less than 20 requests..however I do have great relationships with people with different profile pages than I just described as well..

Wait I'm confused, BY OMKN's discription, it's what would make you not persue, By She's it's what would make you pause and get more interested? Am I reading wrong?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond

Wait I'm confused, BY OMKN's discription, it's what would make you not persue, By She's it's what would make you pause and get more interested? Am I reading wrong?

Nah, it could be me that didn't get OP's question. Fell free to explain
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
@crazydiamond you read it right, She just put her own spin on it.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond

..and yup, I read it wrong (had to turn on my translators and it would actually helped if I read the tittle) Sorry crazydiamond for the mess, however cannot promise that is going to be last time either

P.S. @ overmykneenow , thanks for being kind with words about my stupidity
Clever Gem
0 likes
@ She, No worries, i was just confused myself, I did wonder that there was a language barrier, it's all good
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My top 5 would be...

5. Red & White Avatar & A Blank Bio but a detailed description of their cock in a friend request

4. Husband & Wife accounts (separately friend requesting)

3. Incest Fantasies listed in their information

2. Listing their Skype/Yahoo/BBM acct/number

1. Location: United Kingdom (What's with all the hating on Canadians these days??)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness
My top 5 would be...

5. Red & White Avatar & A Blank Bio but a detailed description of their cock in a friend request

4. Husband & Wife accounts (separately friend requesting)

3. Incest Fantasies listed in their information

2. Listing their Skype/Yahoo/BBM acct/number

1. Location: United Kingdom (What's with all the hating on Canadians these days??)

I couldn't agree more with this list, oh well apart from number 1. Just for the record I think Canadians are awesome! (well I am sure there are some crazies like Dudealicous for example! )
Lurker
0 likes
I was asked if I had a teenage daughter...and was she hot?!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by zetalady
I was asked if I had a teenage daughter...and was she hot?!!!

Now that's another thing that gets me suspicious: people who mention their children on their profile

CurlyFries
0 likes
I agree with all the above. Only have time for one since I'm running late. (Thanks Lush and no self control)

Identical twins sharing an account. Especially if one likes to party/fuck other men and leaves her twin home to have sex with her husband and he doesn't know the difference between them. I read it here, Folks. Yep, I'm buying that. Also brothers and sisters sharing an account.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All of the above plus Husband and wife account but only the husband ever seems to be online.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly
I agree with all the above. Only have time for one since I'm running late. (Thanks Lush and no self control)

Identical twins sharing an account. Especially if one likes to party/fuck other men and leaves her twin home to have sex with her husband and he doesn't know the difference between them. I read it here, Folks. Yep, I'm buying that. Also brothers and sisters sharing an account.

That's brilliant! Saw one the other day that was "looking for other bi girls whose boyfriends like to dress them up in their ex-wives clothes"

Lurker
0 likes
1. Been here for over a month with no avatar
2. Having pics that show both face and genitals open for everyone to see. Odds are that then it's not them.
3. Crappy typing. If u writ lik dis then I wont frind u cuz u seem lik a fucking idiot with the intellect of a dead sheep.
4. Completely empty bio and tons of friends.
5. If you have boybands or JB in your music taste. Then I will find you and slam you in the head with your crappy ipod.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
1. Women who claim they're exclusively here for women, even though they're listed as bisexual. Personal preference is one thing, but I'm talking about the ones that are completely shrewd when it comes to the male species.

2. Women with public albums for all the world to see that includes "friends".
3. Couples with the same account.
4. Guys (and some women) who crank out several grammatically incorrect forum posts a day asking about a specific sex's sexual activities and bodily functions.
5. People with no avatars but they have the Socialite and Enthusiast badge.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My top 5 would be...

5. Couple accounts - whatever
4. Blank profiles - who friends these people and why???
3. Profiles with Socialite and Enthusiast badges and nothing else - it's clear you're an avid horny collector and that's about all
2. Profiles that post pics of their girlfriend/wife/fuck buddy's faces in compromising situations for everyone to see while their own faces remain anonymous - COME ON GIRLS!!!!
1. Listing their Skype/Yahoo/BBM/MSN information in their profile - how pathetic
Lurker
0 likes
5. multiple pictures of scantily clad women... With different faces... With different hair colors... With different tattoos, oh and pictures of Internet bloggers like brookelle bones or Katie babyfayce- whos existence I'm forced to actually be aware of as a direct result of this, and finally lets not forget the watermarks at the corners from websites like "bangbros"

4. twhylight or Stephenie Mayer mentioned anywhere on the profile.

3. someone with biebonic plague (the deadly cousin of bieber fever)

2. "LEZBIAN!!!111! NO MEN WHATSOEVAAAGHH CONTACT ME AT ALL AND YOU WILL BE BLOCKED AND REPORTED", which leads me to question exactly what one of these males would be reported for, if not for the fact of pointing out the spelling error in lezbian for their own benefit.
Seriously, caps and all. I've seen it.

1. names like sluttywhorevirgin, dirtyangelfaceswallower, 18inchfury, demonpenis, etc etc

I can come up with more but I'm limited to five.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by straightguy69
I'm straight and love women and most everything about them. I also have sex with men and liked that sex a lot.*

Straight?

*name changed and paraphrased bio.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I completely agree with the assessments of Nikki703 and eitfromthenorth. The one that really gets me is "what are you wearing?", sounds like someone with their dick in one hand and dialing a phone sex line with the other.