last reply
32 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy
Why do some guys on here seem to have loads of women adding them and other guys seem never to get noticed? What is the reason you add guys there must be a reason smile I prefer to chat with somebody before I add them rather then have a list of ppl I never chat to but that's just me

I assume, because they're sending loads of friend requests and not that women are seeking them out.

Since I've returned to Lush, I'm mostly just adding my old friends who I was close(ish) to. However, I've made it a point not to add any red AV's or blank random friend requests. Not that it's a perv-proof plan, but by doing that I seem to have many, many fewer black boxes with "Hey, I'm horny. Wanna help me with it? HeHe."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Some of us are just really lucky, I guess
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Mazztastic
0 likes
Like my friend CurlyGirly said, red and white AVs aren't particularly appealing, so I tend not to add them, well, not unless they have a particularly interesting profile. I mean, it takes literally seconds to upload a nice profile picture.

I also like a nicely filled out bio with some information about who I'm talking to, let's me know what sort of person they are. Some pics can be nice too, although I can't say that I find cock pics much of a turn on.

If someone sends me a friend request and I don't already know them, I will go and check out their profile, see what sort of forum posts they've made, who their friends are and the sort of things that have been posted on their wall. I'll also scan any stories they may have written too. Quite often I'll get requests from people who've read and commented on one of my stories a nice comment here and there can make a person more appealing to me.

So, I guess the answer to your question is that I personally add guys (or girls) who seem interesting and I'd like to know (also, if the person requesting takes the time to add a personal message to the request, I'm much more inclined to accept it).

Hope that helps, blackpoolguy... Good luck!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
To be honest, I send very few friend requests and those I do send are to people that have either been kind enough to comment on my work, or seemed very likable on the forum. I don't recall ever saying no to a request either. That just seems unfriendly.

Oddly, recently a young lady commented on several of my stories and accepted my friend request, only to unfriend me just a few days later with no contact or explanation. It struck me as being rude, to be honest, but then if that is how a person treats others I dont need their friendship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
why do guys feel they have to answer questions posted in ask the gals ?
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
some guys just write funny friend request notes... or at least enough to get me interested... and i generally check out their forum posts.....

when i first came to lush i accepted everyone... i don't do that anymore... and i deleted a lot of the initial ones who friended me and then i never heard from again.

i rarely accept new friends now... and since you were a little rude to milik_the_red you wouldn't have a good chance... people post where they want to post... live and let live, ok?
Classified
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy

All males are latent homosexuals. It is one way of coming to terms with that fact.
As well as wanting to mix it up with the ladies, while not conforming to the conventional!
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Because you ask questions only guys can answer...
Quote by blackpoolguy
Why do some guys on here seem to have loads of women adding them and other guys seem never to get noticed?

and
Quote by blackpoolguy

If like, the other posts you've put up in Ask the Girls, is a genuine attempt to understand the workings of Lush you might be better off putting them in somewhere like the The Lounge or The Pub. If they're just here for you to get attention from women on Lush - you should be grateful that men are contributing - it keeps the thread alive and encourages people to read it.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Frank

All males are latent homosexuals. It is one way of coming to terms with that fact.
As well as wanting to mix it up with the ladies, while not conforming to the conventional!

Well said. There is no prohibition for either sex responding. If you don't believe in free speech, you are probably on the wrong site.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy

It's how we roll here, BPG. Lay off the whine man, or... have some fine dairy products.

Bring your own crackers
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Most of the girls accepting adds from any which guy are not...you know...actually girls. They're 'girls'. (there are exceptions to this rule, of course...no offence meant to anyone!)

So. Some tips for getting some pretty females onto your friends list:

1) Don't make a cock of yourself in the forums. And definitely do NOT talk about your cock in the forums.

2) Do spend some time in the forums posting interesting/humorous/intelligent responses

3) Use the forums to interact....you can use the forum games especially well for this

4) Use the chat rooms. But for the love of all things holy be polite in them and don't pounce on anyone.

5) Send people a MESSAGE, not just an add, this shows that you're a real person with a real brain. Make a comment about their profile or something you've seen them say in the forums or similar. Make it personal - this counts for a lot.

6) Don't have a fuckload of cock photos on your profile. No explanation needed here.

7) Don't whinge. No one likes that shit!

It's all about putting something BEHIND your name, BEHIND your avatar. Most girls want to see what's behind the profile before they add somebody.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
Most of the girls accepting adds from any which guy are not...you know...actually girls. They're 'girls'. (there are exceptions to this rule, of course...no offence meant to anyone!)

So. Some tips for getting some pretty females onto your friends list:

1) Don't make a cock of yourself in the forums. And definitely do NOT talk about your cock in the forums.

2) Do spend some time in the forums posting interesting/humorous/intelligent responses

3) Use the forums to interact....you can use the forum games especially well for this

4) Use the chat rooms. But for the love of all things holy be polite in them and don't pounce on anyone.

5) Send people a MESSAGE, not just an add, this shows that you're a real person with a real brain. Make a comment about their profile or something you've seen them say in the forums or similar. Make it personal - this counts for a lot.

6) Don't have a fuckload of cock photos on your profile. No explanation needed here.

7) Don't whinge. No one likes that shit!

It's all about putting something BEHIND your name, BEHIND your avatar. Most girls want to see what's behind the profile before they add somebody.

Wrong. Girls love that.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Milik_The_Red
Oddly, recently a young lady commented on several of my stories and accepted my friend request, only to unfriend me just a few days later with no contact or explanation. It struck me as being rude, to be honest, but then if that is how a person treats others I dont need their friendship.

Maybe she was waiting for you to contact her... I've definitely gone through stages of deleting people that don't interact with me over x amount of time (or that I've come to the conclusion I don't wish to interact with after all). If you'd contacted her and she'd ignored you and then deleted that's fair play and if that's the case...don't mind me!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Wrong. Girls love that.

That'll be why all the ladies love you
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

That'll be why all the ladies love you

Almost all of them.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Almost all of them.

Yeah...the ones that'll never get as far as you have in life probably won't come around. Fuck 'em, hey.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i'll add most over the age of 27

however if something objectionable is in your profile...hell no

it is..a woman's perogative...

good luck smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As people seem to think I only post questions to get attention from the gals on here which is untrue I have decided not to post anymore as fed up with the digs at me
Lurker
0 likes
I'm sorry I wasted a few minutes of my life answering you seriously, then.

PS. writing 'no post' doesn't mean it's not there. It's like shouting 'NO ONE'S IN' when someone knocks on the door.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy
As people seem to think I only post questions to get attention from the gals on here which is untrue I have decided not to post anymore as fed up with the digs at me

I have noticed that people who smilingly ignore or banter back with cheeky naughty people actually do well in the forums.

One person in particular went out of their way to be helpful and you appear to have counted that for nothing.

Don't cut your balls off to spite your willy, lad. Ask what you what, ignore what you don't like or appreciate, and value the effort that was kindly given. You will come to love the forums and certain individuals, and build great friendships if you do this.

Just my opinion, obviously.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy

Why did you do that??

You had plenty of reasonable responses... If there are some you don't like, you don't have to respond to them.

That's the way forums work - ANYONE can post, anyone can respond... sure there can be annoying stuff, but there can be great stuff too...

No need to stomp off in a huff. Just answer the ones you want to and ignore the others...
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

Maybe she was waiting for you to contact her... I've definitely gone through stages of deleting people that don't interact with me over x amount of time (or that I've come to the conclusion I don't wish to interact with after all). If you'd contacted her and she'd ignored you and then deleted that's fair play and if that's the case...don't mind me!

That's a fair point. I had sent a brief thank you and we had exchanged photos on our profile pages. Nothing overly spicy mind you. It was just two or three days so wasn't much time for me to get to know her. I suppose there was something in my work she found offensive. If so, that's her choice. I just thought it to be odd, and without even a brief why, just a little rude.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy

see now that says i'm trying to get attention. everyone has been reasonable as Mazza and others have said. chillax man.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now that is one way to get attention if your wanting it.... The wrong kind of attention....
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Well, if one desires friends, this is probably not the best way to go about getting them. Lush is generally a very friendly place, popping off with a petulant attitude will only drive you deeper into your solitude.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by blackpoolguy

I'm a monster sad

Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
THIS!!!!!!

Quote by Milik_The_Red
Well, if one desires friends, this is probably not the best way to go about getting them. Lush is generally a very friendly place, popping off with a petulant attitude will only drive you deeper into your solitude.