Login

Polyamory: Married and Dating

last reply
0 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is a new (new to me, at least) series on Showtime titled, "Polyamory: Married and Dating". I've only seen one episode so I can't say I know the people in this true life, but it was pretty interesting. It's about what you'd think from the title. Married couples that have live-in boyfriends/girlfriends/couples. Some have "married" multiple partners. It isn't like the Mormon concepts of multiple wives in that the women in the show has equal rights to the men. The women have more than one man/husband too.

My question: Is it possible to truly love more than one partner, one soul mate? I'm not necessarily talking sex, many married couples engage in swinging, swapping, threesome, foursomes, and moresomes. But they then go home with one spouse or lover. Can a person be loving and devoted to more than one spouse? How do they sort out holidays and visiting family? What about finances, money causes so much strife between spouses already? Does a third person's input and income make it harder or easier? Is there a hierarchy, First Husband/Wife has more rights than Second or Third Spouse?

Can you give your all, your heart to more than one person?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates