Someone Please Explain "Thick"

last reply
15 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In Australia, to call someone "thick" means that they are stupid. So I thought is was hilarious when an American told me he liked "thick" women! So could someone please explain, perhaps with pictures, what a "thick" woman actually is.1jF7zHoiawedLG2x
" I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer"
Woody Allen
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll try to explain ... at least it will be MY interpretation of the "thick" woman.

"Thick" woman...has enough extra body fat that she has fairly well lost her "girly" curves / figure ... mostly through her waist. Not necessarily obese ... just "thick". Hope that helps.

Rick
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I don't feel like posting pics...but in America, a thick woman is a woman who has lots of curves, big breasts and/or a big butt. While not "fat", she isn't exactly your stereotypical definition of thin. For instance, if Marilyn Monroe were still alive, she'd be considered thick. Beyonce would be considered thick, as would Kim Kardashian and her sister whose name escapes me. I'm sure you get the idea...

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Matriarch
0 likes
It could actually mean he likes airheads - bimbos...

"Thickset" rather than "thick" is usually the term given to stocky or sturdy individuals!

Why didn't you ask him to clarify his meaning?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thick as in the opposite of thin, rather than thick as in dense
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the American sense of the word, "thick" is a curvy, thickly built, stock woman. "Thickheaded" would be a person with questionable intelligence.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Mazztastic
0 likes
Just made me think of the phrase, "thick as mince in the neck of a bottle"

I can explain, if you don't get it...
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I'm not sure if this is generally accepted, but whenever I hear men sing praises of "thick" women, I think they're talking about body types that exist within the spectrum between "Kardashian" and "Honey BooBoo's Mom."

It's sort of a stretch (pun intended) to call size 6 women (which Kim and Kourtney have previously claimed to be) "thick", just as it's a bit much (second pun also intended) to call a truly obese woman "thick" as well. In hip-hop culture, you sometimes hear men specifically extoll the virtues of "thick thighs" and "thick booty", but normally it's not a full-blown (and there's your hat trick) fat fetish. When the waist to hip definition disappears, as well as airspace between the upper legs, I think thick-territory has been entered.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always thought of the term thick as meaning a woman who was a bit larger but still showed a distinct boundary between her waist and her hips and also had a relatively flat stomach. Maybe more along the lines of size 10 or 12 in the US.

Maybe like these girls!

Lurker
0 likes
It just depends on the context which the word is used. It could be applied to intelligence, matter, or in this case, female body type. A couple of members whom have already posted above got it right. The women that falls into this category is going to vary from person to person, just depends on who you ask. Here are a few I think fits the definition.

A. Keys

Beyonce

Chiquinquira Delgado

Karla Martinez

Jordin Sparks

Serena Williams, Christina Hendricks, Sofia Vergara, and J. Lo also fall into this category.
Clever Gem
0 likes
I relate the term thick to being dense, as in dumb.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond
I relate the term thick to being dense, as in dumb.

Those girls are fun too.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Those girls are fun too.

I've learnt something from this thread.

US "thick" = referring to body size.

UK / AUS "thick" = refers to IQ / intelligence.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Those girls are fun too.

Ha ha ha ha .....Toooo funny...Oh and very true......
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I've learnt something from this thread.

US "thick" = referring to body size.

UK / AUS "thick" = refers to IQ / intelligence.

This is the kind of thing that can get a guy in trouble!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Maybe I am showing my age, but I have never heard the term thick applied to a body type. Only as the first poster, the Aussie, as a synonym for dumb or stupid.