Help!

last reply
6 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I am feeling very insecure in my current relationship. But I really want it to work... He doesnt understand whats wrong...do I tell him? How do I tell him? If I don't tell him how do I settle my nerves to make the relationship work??
Detention Seeker
0 likes
A good relationship is very much about honesty and trust. If your worried it's something that might upset him then it's best to find out now than further down the road. By all means if your a drinker then have a few drinks to steady your nerves but don't drink too much or he will just think your not serious. Much better to have a relaxing bath with some oils to make you feel good to put you in the mood to talk. Oh and make sure you have plenty of time to discuss whatever it is, there's nothing worse than saying something and then having to dive off somewhere without discussion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kyliekained
A good relationship is very much about honesty and trust. If your worried it's something that might upset him then it's best to find out now than further down the road. By all means if your a drinker then have a few drinks to steady your nerves but don't drink too much or he will just think your not serious. Much better to have a relaxing bath with some oils to make you feel good to put you in the mood to talk. Oh and make sure you have plenty of time to discuss whatever it is, there's nothing worse than saying something and then having to dive off somewhere without discussion.

Well said!!
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
It is almost impossible to answer because we don't know what the problem is, but one thing is certain. If you cannot communicate openly, your relationship is in very deep trouble already.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He doesn't understand because communication is key, you have to specify to him what kind of insecurity you're feeling. Bodily, emotionally, whatever the case might be.. you have to sit down with him and help him understand and come to some sort of solution, or find a way to shed away your insecurities. It takes time, patience, love and understanding.. all of these things I hope he is able to give you. Good luck Xx
Lurker
0 likes
if u think things will be better if he realises the drawbacks on his own.. wait a bit, give small hints. men generally dont like to be told but they do find it amazing when they explore small hints and tend to think that they realised it themselves. goodluck!
Primus Omnium
0 likes
If you are simply feeling insecure for no reason, why the hell isn't he picking up on that and asking some probing questions? If he is that insensitive you need to look for greener pastures.