Detailed sex or implied

last reply
12 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do all stories here have to have detailed sex scenes or can they be just stories that imply sex but not actually describe it in detail?

I didn't see a category for something along those lines.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Those kind of stories usually are posted under "love stories". smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Thanks. :-)
Story Verifier
0 likes
I din't know much about Lush Stories sister site ( storiesspace ) but wouldn't the type of story described be perfectly at home in their Romance category?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In the love stories category, you'll probably get fewer views. It's not a popular category. If you add "no sex" or "implied sex" to the tags, that will get you even fewer views, but there are people here who like those stories.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So, Your Implying he is not In a "Tiger Moth", OK

Regards,
Privateer. ;-}
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
So, Your Implying he is not In a "Tiger Moth", OK

Regards,
Privateer. ;-}
Lurker
0 likes
Obviously either, implied or detailed sex, would be acceptable but in my experience people want detail. I've read explicit stories and still seen feedback from people asking for more detail. I think lots of people read the stories vicariously and want the detail to put themselves in that situation.
Clumeleon
0 likes
My sex scenes are often much less explicit than is the norm for Lush and I reckon that has an effect on my views and scores (some might disagree). I guess it's that fine line between "erotic literature" and "sex stories" and I think both are very acceptable and very prevalent on Lush.

The majority of readers, in my experience, will prefer more detail but don't do it to the detriment of the story. Write true to yourself and to your characters; don't deviate from the tone of your piece just to satisfy the sexual urges of other members. It's more important, in my opinion, to maintain consistency of style and natural flow.

In the current story I'm writing, I had a great sex scene thought out in my head and I was ready to write it. When it came to it, I realised it didn't add anything to the story - by the time they came to have sex, I had made my point. So I omitted it, although it's clear from the story that the sex did take place.

Use your own wisdom.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have written many stories that have implied sex scenes or non-explicit detail. I just don't call them erotica, nor do I post them here. Always be aware of the genre you're really writing in. Many stories, novels, and movies have a token sex scene or two in them that aren't graphically portrayed. Those aren't considered erotic films or novels though.

Always look at what the action in your story is building up to. If the high-point/climax of your story is the bad guy getting shot or something blowing up maybe it's action-adventure, if it's a confrontation/argument resulting in self-awareness then maybe it's drama, if it's a couple falling in love and getting married then it's probably romance. If the action in the story is building up to the point where people have sex and/or have orgasms, then it's erotica. To me, it's just a shame if the high-point of the story isn't given adequate time and detail. To me, it's like the reward for the reader that came along with you for the ride. If the story line builds and builds and then it just ends with a dribble (no pun intended), I'd feel like it's kind of disappointing - especially if they are expecting erotica.

That's just how I see it anyway.

There is more of a gray zone re 'softcore/implied' vs 'hardcore/explicit' wording of sex scenes though. I think that's where writing styles can really differ and still remain of the same genre.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I have written many stories that have implied sex scenes or non-explicit detail. I just don't call them erotica, nor do I post them here. Always be aware of the genre you're really writing in. Many stories, novels, and movies have a token sex scene or two in them that aren't graphically portrayed. Those aren't considered erotic films or novels though.

Always look at what the action in your story is building up to. If the high-point/climax of your story is the bad guy getting shot or something blowing up maybe it's action-adventure, if it's a confrontation/argument resulting in self-awareness then maybe it's drama, if it's a couple falling in love and getting married then it's probably romance. If the action in the story is building up to the point where people have sex and/or have orgasms, then it's erotica. To me, it's just a shame if the high-point of the story isn't given adequate time and detail. To me, it's like the reward for the reader that came along with you for the ride. If the story line builds and builds and then it just ends with a dribble (no pun intended), I'd feel like it's kind of disappointing - especially if they are expecting erotica.

There is more of a gray zone re 'softcore/implied' vs 'hardcore/explicit' wording of sex scenes though. I think that's where writing styles can really differ and still remain of the same genre.

As usual...another good, clear answer from the DOLL.!! I appreciate what you say/do in the forums!!

Rick
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Nothing I can add to this answer really, except to say that I'm happy to write 'link' stories which have no sexual content at all and people have read them - I just put a warning so that people know what to expect.