Login

Diary of a Submissive

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello everyone - I'm not sure whether or not this is the right place for recommending a book; if I have broken or bent any rules I apologise in advance and ask the management/moderators to forgive me for any breach of protocol.

This year, as you are no doubt aware, has seen the quite amazing phenomenon 'that book' has been. I have to admit, right now, that I haven't read it; the reviews have been enough to put me off to be honest. It has, however, opened the door to a wider appreciation of this kind of literature, which is, of course, as valid as any other.

The book I would like to recommend to everyone interested in the subject of Dominance and submission is: The Diary of a Submissive, written by Sophie Morgan and published by Penguin.

It is an honest account of a young woman's relationship with her own desires and needs and is quite surprising in that she is a feisty, loving and active young lady who is areal person, with a real job, deadlines to meet and a healthy lifestyle follow. Submissiveness is as much a part of her 'herness' as anything else and looms large in her life from her early teens.

Fortunately, for us as well as herself, she has found, along the way, playmates, love and fulfilment, a fulfilment many would frown upon and dismiss as perversion; Perhaps we ought to consider that some perversions are more 'respectable' than others in today's society and we might hope, one day, to be accepted for what we are rather than the stereotypical straw figures so popular with the cheaper press.

I can only hope so. In the meantime, buy, beg or borrow - stealing is naughty! - this book; it might well change your opinion of a lot that goes on around us unseen.

cc
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It is very brave to write a book about your sexual desires let alone your love of being spanked. Few of us will go "public" more the shame. There have been some high profile newspaper worthy stories and maybe that will improve in the future. Hopefully