Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Authors, If you could recommend only one of your stories, which one would it be?

last reply
77 replies
9.0k views
1 watcher
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
As an author of several stories, I have a favorite one. I was wondering if you have a "pet" or "favorite" story here on Lush that you would like to recommend to others. If you could only recommend one of your stories for others to read, which one would it be?
Lurker
0 likes
I would probably have to say my Dealing with Death series. There's a lot of me in them and they're actually stories I'm happy with(unlike many of the others I've written) so I think I'd put those there.

But if you just want a single one then CopyCouple is the one. Classy and.... well, go read it. I don't want to give anything away.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Feverman
As an author of several stories, I have a favorite one. I was wondering if you have a "pet" or "favorite" story here on Lush that you would like to recommend to others. If you could only recommend one of your stories for others to read, which one would it be?

What a perfectly wonderful idea for a topic. I've posted over two dozen stories and won 5 editors choice ribbons and at this point I think my best work was The Survivor. As a purely erotic work it is not as arousing as some of my other stories, but it is also a good science fiction tale and was included in Lushstories first ever anthology. As it happens, there is a link to it and my Taking Cassidy Lynn stories on my sig.

I can't wait to see what stories other writers suggest!
Lurker
0 likes
Well I would recommend my "When The Truth Hurts series". It has been and still is a big challenge to write about it. I've always loved suspense stories and I decided to write my own. Even though the story is not popular on lush, I am not giving up on it. I think I put a lot of time, effort and thoughts into it and it is my best work so far.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by tashitasha
Well I would recommend my "When The Truth Hurts series". It has been and still is a big challenge to write about it. I've always loved suspense stories and I decided to write my own. Even though the story is not popular on lush, I am not giving up on it. I think I put a lot of time, effort and thoughts into it and it is my best work so far.

I just read chapter one and loved it. I was also very happy to see 3 more chapters available. Nice suggestion Tashi!
Clumeleon
0 likes
Every Cloud...

It's not my best work, it's not very long and it's riddled with errors that I haven't gotten around to fixing yet. However, I adore this piece.

I loved writing it. It's about people making an instant connection in an unlikely situation; "love at first sight", in a sense. A little bit funny and a little bit sexy, like many of my stories.

Enjoy it as much as I do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
'Hotel Heaven' is my personal favourite
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
My Mrs Vandermeer series. it's bdsm as, i believe, it should be written. kinky & nasty with a core of tenderness. i put a lot of love into writing this series, a lot of myself too, and i think it shows. it's probably the series that i am most proud of (and currently at work on a new chapter, the first thing i've written since May).

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/bdsm/mrs-vandermeers-rules.aspx

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is so not fair! I love them all for different reasons and I would recommend one to different people than I would recommend another. I guess The Married Man's Lament is my most literary, but it has no sex and it might appeal mainly to married or formerly married women. My recent story Airgasms Before Orgasms is long and might be just right for single twenty-something women looking for Mr. Right. Each has their target audience.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by tashitasha

The sad truth is that the Novels category is not popular with most readers on Lush. None of the stories in it get the recognition they really deserve. Or maybe they do and that speaks something about the readers' expectations. Don't let it discourage you. I'm going to take your recommendation and read your story.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
To be quite honest, I wouldn't recommend any of mine.28OTY5USFlguDMcY

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Sophisticate
0 likes
If I must choose one, it is "Out For Dinner", the first of the Robert and Juliana series and inspired by a restaurant where I have frequently been out for dinner.

These stories written with Alphamagus about Robert and Juliana each stand alone, and can be enjoyed in any order, but this was the start for them and for our partnership as writers. The stories are sexy and erotic, but also describe a real, loving relationship - not robotic sex. Food and wine seem always to be involved, perhaps because they are part of sensuality. There is also an element of playfulness and humour in each story. It would be our privilege to have more of you read them.
0 likes
My series My Friend's dad, it's just got a lot, lesbian stuff, incest, straight sex, and you are always guessing what's coming next. I had the most fun writing that series.
Lurker
0 likes
Only one story, huh? I'd have to recommend Xavier and His Best Friend's Mom. It's a personal favorite of mine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would recommend "In the shower". This is a collaboration between Principessa and me, and is part of our "Robert and Juliana" series. All of the stories are on her page.

Like her, I think that a great sex story, should contain all the right ingredients and bearing this in mind, we quite often try to tempt our readers taste-buds with culinary delights to leave them drooling in the mouth before tantalising them elsewhere.

This story in particular appealed, because in, it I described a built in shower room that was installed in a hotel suite that I stayed in, in Bergen Norway. It was by far the greatest shower that I have ever seen, and I often think about going back and getting the builder's name.

I hope that you may get the chance to read it, and indeed any other in the series that catches your fancy. The link is below,

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/in-the-shower.aspx

Regards

Alpha
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm still searching for my best story sad but isn't that what we all do as writers, keep writing? So far I guess my Golden Lioness: Her Own Pride story is my fav, because of the character, not as much the plot line...
Story Verifier
0 likes
Definitely the 'My Neighbor's Teenage Daughter' series. It's the first story I've done that did well and had people asking for more. I'm especially proud of part one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Student Body

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-student-body.aspx

It always seems to be the one other people find most enjoyable, from what they say.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have two favourites ones a poem and the others a love story but I'm not going to say which. But if I had to recommend one then I would say my "Screams of Joy" series, and in that part two "More Screams of Joy". Mostly because a lot of people seemed to enjoy it a lot.

*cough* links are in my signature *cough*
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I've read many of the stories listed here and intend to get to them all when I can. This was a great thread, getting suggestions from the authors themselves. Well done!
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by 1ball

The sad truth is that the Novels category is not popular with most readers on Lush. None of the stories in it get the recognition they really deserve. Or maybe they do and that speaks something about the readers' expectations. Don't let it discourage you. I'm going to take your recommendation and read your story.

This is so very true. My Kelly's Passion stories ended with 3 straight editors choice ribbons but suffered from lack of voting and reads. Most readers here seem to prefer shorter, one off stories. Kind of a shame, really.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Either of the stories in my sig line would work for me. "From: Becky..." won a Lush contest and "How Humans..." was an 'Editor's Choice'.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To be honest, although I encourage readers, somrtimes shamefully, I'm not really happy with any of mine. If i reread them I'm always seeing ways i could have improved them.
Lurker
0 likes
"Desires, Needs, Want's"

It was my first attempt at writing and stemmed from an online experience here. It was an emotional journey writing this story. Starting, stopping, feeling conflicted about posting, until finally I decided I needed to do this for me and the feedback was so well received it may made my heart ache a little less.
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
I read this post and some of the replies and then I thought about what I would recommend if someone has never read any of my work. So, here's my thought.

If your in the mood for a good cry, I suggest reading "The Funeral"
A great love story would be "Cala de Sirena"
If your into Mature love stories, then "Frankie & Mrs. Young" is a good choice.

But my personal baby, the one I'm the proudest of, it the one I can only post the 1st chapter of, and that's "Parent-Teacher Conference". For those who have read the entire novella (all 24 chapters) know why Lush won't post the rest & as sad as made me, I respect Lush's rules.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think my best story is Waiting 2.0. I deliberately wrote it without any reference to gender, so that anyone can read it and put themselves into the position of the person telling the story, or they can put the person telling the story as their lover, friend or picture me if they choose. I enjoyed writing it and think it is my best work.

However, my most viewed and voted story is part one of my "Slut Week" series, which I am yet to finish. It is just about a slutty girl, her friend and how filthy they can be.

I would appreciate constructive criticism on either which is something which I do not see too much of on Lush, I just get lots of "that made me get myself off" type comments which is great and appreciated, But I would like some critique to improve.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think my best is "In the Dark". Its a true story, as are all of mine, but I wrote it from the perspective of my wife (then girlfriend). I thought it would be interesting to write from a female perspective, and I think I did pretty well with it. You opinion may differ smile.

The other two on here are from different points in my wife and I's relationship. One is a little long and the other is a little light, but I think "in The Dark " is my best.

Here is a link to it- Please give it a read and let me know what you think!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/in-the-dark.aspx

Thanks-

~L