Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is it right to fall for somebody on this site?

last reply
71 replies
7.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Who can say if it's right or wrong? It is what it is. I recommend being careful and realistic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i agree with molly..i would be careful..it is very EASY to lie...on the net
Lurker
0 likes
you never could know where the fate let you find somebody special... there is nothing to say right or wrong about lush
Lurker
0 likes
That depends on the integrity of the two people involved, on how honest you each are with that other person and if you truly do love them in the first place. There is no right or wrong, you are both here looking for something and if you find love then you should let it happen.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PartyGirlMolly
Who can say if it's right or wrong? It is what it is. I recommend being careful and realistic.

I agree. What is right and what is wrong and who decides?

It also depends on what you mean by fall. If you totally fall head over heals in love with someone you have never met to the point you are ready to break up with your IRL mate for this person, then yes I think that is wrong. Well maybe not wrong, more like INSANE!!

But if you have had great dialog with the person for a long time and have talked on the phone and think you may love the person and want to meet and start a relationship, then no it isnt wrong. But proceed with caution.
Lurker
0 likes
there is no right or wrong. it is solely if it feels right is what matters
Site administrator
0 likes
The big question is, as others have implied, what or more correctly who is the person you are falling for ??. You will never know for sure until you meet that person in real life what they are like .. extreme example is he/she is actually the opposite gender !!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i've seen it happen and it's natural and it even works out sometimes... that said, i did once, and was burned VERY badly, enough so that i'm super gun shy about it these days, and tend to be very defensive at times, even with just casual friendships, and trusting anyone 100% is very difficult for me, even when i want to.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
it wouldn't surprise me because it could happen if you meet someone that you had a connection with.
Lurker
0 likes
Of course it's right. Caution should be exercised, but that's almost impossible with matters of the heart. If it makes you feel good, it must be good.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i've seen it happen and it's natural and it even works out sometimes... that said, i did once, and was burned VERY badly, enough so that i'm super gun shy about it these days, and tend to be very defensive at times, even with just casual friendships, and trusting anyone 100% is very difficult for me, even when i want to.

Amen Girl! And, I might add...
As a former longtime volunteer firefighter, If you are going to play in the fire, there is the possibility of getting burnt, but somehow I find it hard to stay out of the fire.
Lurker
0 likes
of course, if you are aware of the consequences. This is virtual world, most of us are using it to escape from reality, have some fun, relax.. Even though I met some really nice people here, and for some of them I wish they are part of my world, I never forgot that this is virtual world
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by She
of course, if you are aware of the consequences. This is virtual world, most of us are using it to escape from reality, have some fun, relax.. Even though I met some really nice people here, and for some of them I wish they are part of my world, I never forgot that this is virtual world

I couldn't agree more
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It's just another form of potential online dating or online hookups... whether it happens on Facebook, Twitter, Match.com, POF, AFF or Lush... same rules apply. Just make sure you're on the same page in terms of what you want, how realistic it is, and what you're willing to risk. Everyone is on the internet - there are endless options and opportunities. Getting intrigued by and/or meeting up with someone you cross paths with online is kind of like a 'do-it-yourself' blind date. It's nothing out of the norm, but yeah - proceed with caution and go with your gut instinct.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
I don't think there is anything wrong with falling for someone on this site. I have met some amazing people that I consider friends and that I feel I can tell anything too. And about falling for someone, it happens. You make real connections with real people. Yes there is a chance you will get hurt, but that is true for any relationship. It can also mean you meet the person you are supposed to be with. Sometimes you just have to take that chance and see what happens.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You never know when the love bug is going to bite. Keep in might that people are people and some tend to be Not so up front on the Internet. I know I have a some big stories told to me. It's easy to think they are perfect because their flaws can't always be seen. Keep a level head, open mind, and use caution when someone or something sounds to good to be true.
Lurker
0 likes
There is a girl on Lush that I certainly am in love with. Nevertheless, do I expect her to change her life for me or do I plan to change mine certainly not. However, I know if we met one day the sparks would fly at least for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Just keep it real. Set boundaries or make sure you don't have any. If it's love it should flow freely and you will know. Meeting is a whole lot different than being an online lover. Sometimes the expectations can be better and sometimes they can make it far worse than the reality of being together. Remember, people fall in love off of the internet all the time....Why would your situation be any different?

Id
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fall for - unlikely. Meet up with and fuck - could be exciting.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
some people are irresistible!
Matriarch
0 likes
Some people have met and actually married, having met on lush. That's heart warming. I love that part of the site.

However, I have to say you need to be very careful meeting anyone in the flesh that you have met online, on lush or anywhere else.

If you do meet up, meet in a public place, tell a close friend where you are (or ask them to come with you). Be safe.
Lurker
0 likes
I believe it is neither right nor wrong. I agree with those above me, integrity of the two people is a must. And right after that, look out...CAUTION !!!
Fireman
0 likes
Why would it be wrong? I don't judge what two consenting adults want to do. Whether it works, that's between them.
Lurker
0 likes
Love has it way with people be it here or in the "real" world
you may be looking for love and never find it or not looking
for love and BAM you fall for someone Isn't love grand!!
Just my own story was I looking to fall crazy mad for someone
on Lush no but one night this past July and BAM I'm totally in
love with someone here. As with any relationship honestly is the best
policy ....yes even here on Lush. Talk listen put in the effort and you
will be rewarded with love. For the ladies yes you should be cautious
with any 1st meets be it from here or in the "real" world
Listen to heart Listen to your soul Fall in love as I have
Lurker
0 likes
How can falling in love be wrong? The place or circumstances that you met in, or in this case, on, is irrelevant. The problem arises if the two of you do not love each other with the same intensity. Being in love is the absolute most beautiful thing ever. Never let it go if you find it.
Lurker
0 likes
Proceed with Caution.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by defirenze
Proceed with Caution.

As with any online genre, there is no shortage of questionable characters with shady agendas therefore always proceed with caution.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I met up with another woman here from Lush. She had read my bio and then asked to be my friend which I accepted. We lived interstate but chatted here frequently. Tracey seemed a really nice woman and she was very helpful and gave really good advice. I gave her my telephone number as I trusted her. She was 48 years old and I was 19 at the time, living with my female partner. We chatted regularly by phone and her voice just sounded so sexy. I knew then that I wanted to meet her some day. Tracey was bi-curious at the time and talked about being with another woman or having a threesome.

Although taking chances, I invited her to come and visit us the week prior to Easter. As a precaution I advised my apartment neighbour to keep eyes and ears open in case anything went wrong. Everything went perfectly with a fantastic outcome. Six months later, I will be moving down to live with her and her husband next week as I will be starting a new job there.

So yes, some relationships do work out well here on Lush but take Nicola's warning about meeting strangers. Things can go wrong.