would like some advice on this dating issue

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hello everyone!
Well... okay. Here is my issue. Back in Feburary I had to break up with this guy because he ended up getting arrested and kept this huge secret from me and it broke my heart bigtime. I gave myself 6 months to heal (we were together for a little over a year) and decided that although I wasn't exactly ready to be serious with anyone, I was ready to look around and see what was out there. I met this one guy through an online dating site (okcupid.com) and we hit it off pretty well. We officially met on Sunday of this week and it was a great day. He asked me if I would like to date him and I said yes. So... a little while later we go to pick up a pizza and he introduces me as his girlfriend. Now... I didn't correct him right there cuz I thought it would be rude but after I got home I got to thinking that it was a little fast for him to call me his girlfriend already. So the next day I had a talk with him about calling me that and at first he got really mad but then he said that he just didn't know what else he should call me and he didn't mean it the way I thought he meant it which took a load off my mind. Now, I already know that I probably could have handled the situation better. But anyway... I'm going on a second date with him this evening and I'm just wondering if there's any way to bounce back from this awkward moment and make things better. I really like this guy and I'm happy that he's giving me a second chance but I don't want to insult him further. I'm a little bit new to dating, in past relationships I never really went out on dates and got to know someone before them calling me their girlfriend and I think that's why I freaked out a little bit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
a guy that has been arrested.....super big deal breaker...here's to the dating gods that THAT relationship is OVER

a guy that gets mad at YOU for saying woah...moving a bit fast..call me your friend first...bad news..YOU are entitled to YOUR feelings...period.....

you handled it fine...THE guy has a problem...not you

& from just your words...he will get mad at YOU a lot

take it slow...take it easy....dating should not be a mine field you are tying to get through

but a lot of fun...when it feels bad or YOU have to modify YOUR actions to keep the peace

time to go....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If he really got really mad, I would be very wary of him. Control freaks learn tricks to get you to overlook their possessiveness and temper tantrums.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by 1ball
If he really got really mad, I would be very wary of him. Control freaks learn tricks to get you to overlook their possessiveness and temper tantrums.

I agree... It starts as something small and then the anger and control are overwhelming... Trust your instincts. If something inside is saying slow down... Listen! Good luck!