The "Oh Bollocks" Thread.

last reply
62 replies
6.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
"Oh Bollocks" is one of my Favouritest phrases. It can be used in a variety of ways and in many different moods.

It's great as an expletive when you hurt yourself or somebody else hurts you, or in anger at a thing or person. It can be a punctuation tool for when you are late, or as a simple expression for when you have no words to describe anything else. It can mean fear, or confusion or boredom or fun. And it is ideal when you haven't the rage to rant, or the Mehness to Meh.

"Oh Bollocks", simply "Bollocks" or the more advanced "Oh Buggery Bollocks" are wonderful tools to have in one's vocabulary. Feel free to use this thread as you should so need it.

And rejoice in the Crazydiamond seal of Bollocks approval if you have the need of it.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I bow down to the goddesses, Shylass and Crazydiamond!

Now to the bollocks: I've applied for no jobs this week, have no evidence of anything and am probably going to get barred. But am I really bothered? No, I say bollocking bollocks to your bollocky hoops, I'm not jumping. Do I look like a dog?
Clever Gem
0 likes
The Dentist was not as

as I had thought!

Thank Bollocks for that!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Oh bollocks it's RNC time!!! I don't wanna hear about it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think I shall pay homage to the oh bollocks thread, by using it after ever sentance I utter today. Oh Bollocks!
Bunker Love
My Dream my latest stopry
Lurker
0 likes

Oh bollocks!! Back to the drawing board!! Grrr
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i think i need to think of some thread names for good stuff... like when someone does something really nice or something goes right unexpectedly or... i'll put some thought into it smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Noraj69
I think I shall pay homage to the oh bollocks thread, by using it after ever sentance I utter today. Oh Bollocks!

Bloody brilliant idea! I don't think I've ever heard a Texan say OH BOLLOCKS, it may sound strange coming from my southmouth. Oh bollocks.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Lush is suddenly British today lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can't say "Oh, bollocks," in a southern drawl. It always comes out British!
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by PrimalMind
Lush is suddenly British today lol

The boss is kind of British; she just lives in Australia, really.

Oh, bollocks; is that her coming to dish out the daily spankings? *runs*

N.B. There should be a comma after the "Oh".
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by clum

Oh, bollocks, It's the Grammar Nazi! xxx
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by clum

I know, but sometimes people can't be arsed to draw breath, lad.

And bollocks to being British! I'm English. And I say it with a Yorkshire accent, not a British one, so bollocks to one thread sounding "British" because we all sound different.

Sprite, maybe a "Yayness" or "WOOO!" or "Gladness" thread to go alongside the "What's Making You Happy At This Moment?" thread?

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I know, but sometimes people can't be arsed to draw breath, lad.

And bollocks to being British! I'm English. And I say it with a Yorkshire accent, not a British one, so bollocks to one thread sounding "British" because we all sound different.

Sprite, maybe a "Yayness" or "WOOO!" or "Gladness" thread to go alongside the "What's Making You Happy At This Moment?" thread?

the fist pump thread
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I say it with a Scottish accent (quite generic because I move around a lot) which, by definition, is a British accent. In the same way, a Texan accent is an American accent.

You know, I'm a Scottish Nationalist and all for breaking up the United Kingdom but I've never come across someone as anti-Britain as you, lass. I don't really get it (and I'm not proposing we get into it) but, for goodness' sake, ease up; it's only a flippant remark.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by clum

I say it with a Scottish accent (quite generic because I move around a lot) which, by definition, is a British accent. In the same way, a Texan accent is an American accent.

You know, I'm a Scottish Nationalist and all for breaking up the United Kingdom but I've never come across someone as anti-Britain as you, lass. I don't really get it (and I'm not proposing we get into it) but, for goodness' sake, ease up; it's only a flippant remark.

So you can be picky about grammar and I can't be picky about a label? Bollocks to it all. If I want to talk bollocks in the bollocks thread, I don't see why I can't. But sure, I can keep my opinions and preferences to myself. Carry on bollocking, folks.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
So you can be picky about grammar and I can't be picky about a label?

No, apparently. My pickiness was commented on twice.

I was only suggesting that you don't get yourself as worked up as you appear to about that "label"; can't be good for you.

Bollocks to it; I need a beer.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by clum

Bollocks to it; I need a beer.

Lurker
0 likes
King of "Oh bollocks", Spike!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When ever I see Bollocks I think of the Sex Pistols!!

Lurker
0 likes

I shouldn't speak before I think, should I???

oops!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

I shouldn't speak before I think, should I???

oops!

If I followed this rule, Id be a very quiet girl!

Oh, Bollocks.....................did this yank use it correctly? LOL
0 likes
I was meant to meet someone special tonight and then I had train problems. Oh bollocks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
well I had a fun day saying OH, Bollocks every chance I got. needles to say people looked at me a bit funny. smile
Bunker Love
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The first syllable...is it properly pronounced to rhyme with:

doll
or
dole

Or something else entirely. I never can tell, about you folks on that island over yonder. I bet there must be 33 different dialects represented.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
The first syllable...is it properly pronounced to rhyme with:

doll
or
dole

Or something else entirely. I never can tell, about you folks on that island over yonder. I bet there must be 33 different dialects represented.

Maybe "doe" is a better rhyme.
Lurker
0 likes
I suppose I should rise up out of my flea pit, but oh bollocks to that! I'm nice and warm and comfy!
Lurker
0 likes
Only a few hours left...

OH BOLLOCKS!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have to go back to work today. OH, Bollocks
Bunker Love
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes