what should I do?

last reply
5 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
So I have a dilemma... I am currently in a relationship and quite happy. However, I find myself fantasizing about another man. The other man and I have never consummated our relationship, but the desire is there and mutual. I met the other man before I started dating the new guy and due to circumstances, we will never be able to have a relationship. My dilemma is.. Do I take a weekend and just let everything go? Have my fantasy man and try to shake him out of system? Or does he appeal to me because I can't keep him. I don't believe in cheating in a relationship and can't believe I am even considering this... Has anyone ever found themselves in a similar situation? Regrets? Would love some advice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What would you want your partner to do in a situation like that? I find that if I try very hard to not have a double standard, that will often guide me to a choice. If you would want your partner to have the fling to see if it gets out of his system, then go for it.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1ball
What would you want your partner to do in a situation like that? I find that if I try very hard to not have a double standard, that will often guide me to a choice. If you would want your partner to have the fling to see if it gets out of his system, then go for it.

I agree with 1ball. You already said its not something you would normally do why start bad habits? But if you dont mind your boyfriend doing it let him know whats going on and do it. Just make sure you tell him before he finds out about it second hand. Second hand communication always ends badly.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the advice... I definitely needed the right decision reinforced and you guys did that perfectly... I know I could never cheat... Its not who I am.. I just can't get the fantasy off my mind.. By this time, I don't think anyone could live up to the fantasy I have created...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by karebare09
Thanks for the advice... I definitely needed the right decision reinforced and you guys did that perfectly... I know I could never cheat... Its not who I am.. I just can't get the fantasy off my mind.. By this time, I don't think anyone could live up to the fantasy I have created...

Cheating just hurts both people. Fantasy is fun. Have your man play Mr. Sexy Stranger and pick you up at a bar or restaurant etc... Then you remain faithful, but you get to play as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with the other posts but would ask 'are you definitely happy and committed to your boyfriend'? Or is your fantasy a sign that something is missing from your relationship?

If all is well witn your boyfriend then you need to commit to him fully - both mentally as well as phyisically.