Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why ask Lush Friends to comment on your pictures?

last reply
29 replies
2.8k views
1 watcher
1 like
Lurker
0 likes
Hello Everyone! I have been on lush before about a year or two ago and had to go away for a while and just joined back again a couple months ago. So I have always wondered this!

Why do people go around and ask for you to comment on their pictures?

I just dont get why you have to message me and say I should comment on your photos...if I wanted to I would have. And If you wanted to on mine you would have...so its whatever. smile. I just feel that it sounds forced when im asked...I will evetually if you do ask I just dont understand it. Thats just my thought on it :) Not complaining by any means...just curious
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could not agree more. I have never sent a message saying to comment on my photos either because, as you say, if one really wants to comment on them, one will.

I put photos up because I felt like it. If I never get a comment, so be it.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Members can attain badges here. X amount of comments and they have achieved a goal as far as their profiles go.

I don't understand why a person would ask otherwise
Well I hope I never figure out
Who broke your heart ~ Baby if I do
Well I'd spend all night losing sleep
I'd spend the night and I'd lose my mind
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lmao i just put this "please don't solicit me for comments on your personal pics here on lush....have faith that you look good...self confidence is a turn on...not self promotion" on my profile after getting a mass e-mail....

wtf....did they SPAM me for praise..lmao...

love this thread & a amen!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I agree farmgal. I mean, if anyone wants to comment on my photos, they are free to do so I'm not going to go fishing for them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I couldn't agree more. Sometimes I feel like responding with, "what do you want me to say?" My guess is that if they want comments, they are looking for something specific.
In custody.

I love baseball!!!
Lurker
0 likes
They are obviously lacking self confidence and need the approval of others to make the feel better, if I'm total honest I have to fight the urge and withhold an less than complimentary comment and have found the delete button handy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SensualDesires83
I could not agree more. I have never sent a message saying to comment on my photos either because, as you say, if one really wants to comment on them, one will.

I could not agree more either. People campaign to get a badge? I have to come here, online, on Lush to accumulate more emblems to show others.
Oh come on, we do plenty of that on our daily life. I just refuse to do it on Lush also. And what do some peoples do here with hundreds of friends anyway?

I'm not against badges at all. But I will not campaign or instigate peoples to read and comment on stories or pics, and I don't have neither.
Ha, some would say thats because you don't have any.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Some people need the attention. I pay it no mind, though. In fact, I took most of the erotic pics I had up down because the comments started to creep me out. And the pics weren't even of me.

Edit: And also, some people use hijacked pics of extremely attractive people. So in their little fantasy world, they want you to tell them how attractive "they" are...when in reality you're telling them how attractive the person is from whom they stole the pics. Which is rather bazaar.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone on my thoughts!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i am new but i imagie its for the approval, the same reason people do it on facebook and tumblr and whatever the fuck else they're on now a days
"I'm a baller on a budget bitch!" - Daniel Tosh
0 likes
i think it's rude asking people to comment your pics.
Lurker
0 likes
Because perhaps they just yearn to be desired? Who knows but I wouldn't do it. If my friends wish to comment then that's fine, I appreciate that but I wouldnt ask people to do it.
Lurker
0 likes
Vanity. Most people are here to be seen. That's it, that's all.
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah rude. Who asks for someone to comment. That's silly.
Lurker
0 likes
I could care less if people look at mine...they are not of me and just random pics.
Lurker
0 likes
I could care less if people look at mine...they are not of me and just random pics.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's hands down the most annoying damn thing ever!!!

...well, maybe not EVER, but it's definitely up there on the Most Annoying Shit Ever List.

My favorite is when it's people that have OBVIOUSLY pulled pics from some model site!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The story solicitations..?.. Eh, I don't mind TOO much and kinda understand. At least it's a contributing factor to the site... the story submissions, that is.
Lurker
0 likes
It's a way to build confidence. People need to be told that they look good, even if it's from total stragers and even if the stranger is so filled with lies that that their pants are burning to a crisp.

And many of the people who actually comment is thinking "If I comment flattering words he/she will cyber with me." It is that simple. I comment on profiles and pictures if I really feel like it, but I don't think I've commented on more than a few pics because they deserved a comment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I keep my pics in a private folder and dont post them in my albums, if I want anyone to see them I show.

Its a personal thing I guess
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would never ask anyone to comment on my pics. If you want to comment on them, feel free. I you dont want to, that's cool too.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I honestly think some people have massive egos and like to see numerous POSITIVE comments on their photos because that validates them being sexy, gorgeous or whatever it is they think they are. They post the pics to get a reaction, if they don't get the reaction they were expecting they go on a fishing trip. Quite sad really because the lack of comments don't necessarily reflect a lack of appreciation for the photo itself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I think, I turned my comments off lol pics are posted in threads.

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes

I only encourage comments on my stories, because I like to know a reader's reaction to what I've written.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Because it makes me as happy to give thanks and praise, as to receive them.

0 likes

If you need the attention why not. I think some pictures speak for themselves.

Easily amused
0 likes

Everybody wants to be told they look nice. It's cool with me. I like hot pix, even if they are fake, they are someone's version of themselves.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I don't comment on mutuals pics cause I don't visit their profiles.

I will comment on their blog.