Bug slayer badge

last reply
110 replies
9.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
I thought about giving something back to the community for all your efforts in finding bugs with my code. From now on, all worthy bugs (to be determined by me ) reported to me, the reporter will be issued a new a shiny Bug Slayer badge for your profile page.

Happy slaying.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by gav
I thought about giving something back to the community for all your efforts in finding bugs with my code. From now on, all worthy bugs (to be determined by me ) reported to me, the reporter will be issued a new a shiny Bug Slayer badge for your profile page.

Happy slaying.

Does that include erroneous spelling on parts of the site that weren't posted by users?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Does that include erroneous spelling on parts of the site that weren't posted by users?

No badge for you!

Matriarch
0 likes
I hope we don't have to issue many of these badges Mr Gav....just sayin'.
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
gav, you know how i feel about badges....
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by gav

No badge for you!

That's okay, I hate how all my million badges make me look like I have no life and spend it all here anyway.

And I suppose that the fact that when I go to reply to a friend request is always coming up with a blank username field (meaning I have to type it in manually, even though I've forgotten it already), means I still don't get one, does it?

Gav, all I ever wanted was for you to give me one.. *sigh*
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Despite my comprehensive knowledge of computers and slight understanding of programming, I still wouldn't know a bug if it hit me in the face (though a moth was doing that last night and I knew what it was, but it WAS rather obvious that it was a moth. Bugs are cute, btw.)
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Wow, this is some sweet news. smile

Now it's like a competition to find them.0uiG37gn0ET24DAd
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I think I already found a bug

When trying to use the search function for the forums, I keep getting the error message saying that there was an error in the database.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
I think I already found a bug

When trying to use the search function for the forums, I keep getting the error message saying that there was an error in the database.

If you search within a single forum, it doesn't happen
Lurker
0 likes
So Gav, I've noticed that every time I log into Lush, the unverified story queue is HUGE and if I go online, I get these little black box things that keep appearing on my screen and dirty pictures appear on my wall too...

Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
So Gav, I've noticed that every time I log into Lush, the unverified story queue is HUGE and if I go online, I get these little black box things that keep appearing on my screen and dirty pictures appear on my wall too...

I found a bug!!! its name is MAZZA!

Now where's my prize???
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond

I found a bug!!! its name is MAZZA!

Now where's my prize???

Hey, CD...

Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

that fly thing is creeping me out.... someone needs to swat it...
Lurker
0 likes
So, synchronicity being what it is, I actually just got stung by a bee!!

First time in my life! A big, fat bumble bee! My whole arm aches and it's actually sore to type...

bizarre, huh?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LauraLee_sugah

that fly thing is creeping me out.... someone needs to swat it...

Sorry, Sugah!!

The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Here's to General Gav and all the valiant members of his Bug-Buster Badged Brigade.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

First time in my life! A big, fat bumble bee! My whole arm aches and it's actually sore to type...

bizarre, huh?

Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by gav

Happy slaying.

Are they retroactive? I found an inconsistency for you a couple of days ago. I have to mention that you fixed it very quickly.
Lurker
0 likes
Is this a bug? Sometimes when I'm posting an image to a friends wall or my blog, it comes up with just the image link (upload.lushstories etc) or sometimes just a placeholder (I always upload from my computer but have resorted to using the image link a few times) when I click the link I get an error page. If I upload the picture to my gallery, however, and then use the image link dooda, it's fine and the image shows up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Whenever I log onto lush, I get this warm and tingly feeling in certain parts of my body and sometimes I even lose control of my fingers, like they have a mind of their own. Is this because of a bug? It doesnt seem to happen when I go into other sites like Amazon or IMDB.

Now this is just a question, im not asking for it to be fixed..................please, please dont fix it!!
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Found Shylass and crazydiamond in the Gold Bar. However they're not bugging me.

Over
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do we get a special badge if we manage to find and bug but also work out why it's a feature

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

bizarre, huh?

What I never mentioned/realised until now was that the sting was on my naughty hand... (it seems I'm not as ambidextrous as I thought)

Lelo?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i killed a spider this morning. does that count? biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I keep trying to delete a video from my gallery after a link I posted didn't link to the video I wanted (if that makes any sense). Every time I hit 'delete' the page refreshes and the damned video is still there. Multiple tries all day today and the same thing. Help!!

Just wondering if you can do anything about that or not... PM me if there's something I need to do on my end. Thanks!
Lurker
0 likes
If I find myself being nice to people, does that count as a bug? Because it sure as hell isn't normal...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ohhh badges....

Ummm the only one I can think of is that the times for forums post is off for me... I dont know about everyone else but if i post at 11am then it will come up i posted at 10am..

Oooh and the formatting of my inbox goes funny when i get new messages but I'll PM you a picture