Chat room custom backgrounds

last reply
11 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I've been exploring the chat rooms more and more these days and finding them rather more fun that I thought I would. There is, however, one thing that most people observe and that is that it's quite difficult to see the colours of some fonts against a custom background (which by the way, I think is a brilliant feature). I was wondering if the contrast or brightness of the background could be set to a custom level to make it easier to see colours. Obviously at first it would be trial and error to get it right, but in the end would prove quite useful, I think.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Interesting suggestion, would make the bg more of a watermark.

For now orange font seems to be a good choice for most BGs.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I personally find some of them to be quite annoying. It's a nice idea, but the execution isn't great. There is one in particular that's gray bricks, pretty much exactly the same shade as everyone's names.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Although some have to change their colors I find that the pink background seems to make pics and gif's stand out more.
Matriarch
0 likes
It might be an idea to have the option to turn off backgrounds in every room.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by nicola

THIS!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

The Resident Princess
0 likes
Quote by nicola

that would be AWESOME
Lurker
0 likes
I find that many of the backgrounds can be distracting and make the rooms hard to read as well. I also think turning them off would be great, BUT, it would then be hard to tell if others who have it on can still see your text, right? I mean if some have it on, and others have it off.

How hard would it be to add a space at the top of the room where the room creator could add a picture but that it didn't fill the whole chat box?

I don't know. LOL
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by JohnC
I find that many of the backgrounds can be distracting and make the rooms hard to read as well. I also think turning them off would be great, BUT, it would then be hard to tell if others who have it on can still see your text, right? I mean if some have it on, and others have it off.

How hard would it be to add a space at the top of the room where the room creator could add a picture but that it didn't fill the whole chat box?

I don't know. LOL

A lot of people in the chat rooms like to have it off.

On the rare occasions that I venture into the chat rooms, I love the atmosphere the pictures evoke. It would be great to turn them on and off at will, though, if it's possible, as they make my eyes tired after a bit.

Sorry, Gav.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Im not a tech/computer savy guy - but do have ideas. Love the dancefloor background, but question/idea: could a person send a picture and have it made into a background option? or maybe linked to their profile to be used as a chatroom background? I try to run a room once a week with a kind of old vintage style. Get compliments on the dancefloor one, but am wondering about if its possible to link others to profiles.
Come visit The SpeakEasy , open on most Saturday nights around 930pm Central Standard Time. A place to relax, unwind, listen to music. Chat, Dance or just Enjoy. Its a classy joint!
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by Guest

I don't know. LOL

I recently made this same suggestion in another thread. Add the ability to embed a picture that would display as each user entered the room, similar to the way the opening message does. But it would just remain there and not cover the room as a background. (I saw where someone had suggested where the ability to add a background pic on the fly be added. I do know that at least one of the current backgrounds was from a picture sent in by a member, and took a bit of adjusting to get it to work properly, so my guess would be, something like that would not be possible.)

Another idea I had about the user chat rooms is to add a color chart (rather than just the few preselected colors) so the room creator could have a greater selection of solid colors to choose from.