It's Football Time Again

last reply
205 replies
19.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Here it is August already and the National Football League is getting ready to start another season.

Lush Stories as well is gettting ready for it's 3rd Annual Pro Football Pick'em League run by yours truly aka charlie_brown, aka Lone_Wolf and now Alpha_Omega.

This year will be played by point spread only. If you would love to join in on the fun you have to go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/register/joingroup
Group ID# 8288 Password 2012
and use your name here on Lush so you can be easy to identify.

If any questions or problems ... come to me and I will try to help you get settled for the season of great football

GO STILLERS!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't you mean Eagles?We've only been rebuilding for fifty years
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by ramrod32784
Don't you mean Eagles?We've only been rebuilding for fifty years

Oh yeah!!

Constant Gardener
0 likes
As if it wasn't bad enough that the Olympics allows professional NBA players to compete for their national teams in the games, now we have the NFL commish campaigning for American NFL style football to become a recognized sport in future games.

I remember a time when professionally paid athletes were not allowed to compete in the Olympics. At least America (back then) attempted to hold to that ideal.

I used to watch the games back then.

But, I am ready for this new NFL season to commence, asap. Even though I know it's all staged, it's my kind of soap opera.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOL I've no idea about US football - now UK footie is a slightly different matter hehe
Lurker
0 likes
Da Bears of course for me..Can't wait for football to start.
Lurker
0 likes
Im with CG58! Go Bears!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
When you join the pro football pick 'em leauge. You have a chance to win one of these fabulous awards ...

If you have the best weekly and yearly record you will win this ...

If you have a bad weekly or even worse a bad yearly record you will win this ...

So come and join in for all the fun
Lurker
0 likes
Let's go G-Men and Pats!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
July 29, 2012
Jerry Jones says Cowboys seek return to "glory hole" days of yesteryear
comments also motivate him. From there, he proceeded to launch into the most memorable comment of today’s opening news conference about the Cowboys seeking a return to their “glory hole” days of yesteryear.

“For me, it’s a reminder,” Jones said. “I’ve been here 23 years. I’ve been here when it was glory hole days and I’ve been here when it wasn’t. And, so, having said that, I want me some glory hole. So I have that perspective.”

Hmmm?!!?!? What the....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In case you missed my last post...
Here it is from YouTube.com
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

Oh yeah!!

[Good band I've heard their version of Take It Easy.]
Lurker
0 likes

Double trouble.

BTW, we going back to old format or with that one last year? I sucked at that one.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes

All right, here we go.
Lurker
0 likes
Heck Yes! I've never been so patient in my life!
I LOVE Football!

Lurker
0 likes
Ooooh shit.... It's on!!! Came in 2nd last season going for 1st this season!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Princess4Jim

You tell 'em Princess!!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm looking forward to how Pittsburgh handles a new offense, and I don't expect us to be a huge factor this year. I mean, I hope we are. But it's just a gut feeling.

Also, cursing the fact that even though they've been 13-3 and 14-2 in the past consecutive seasons, somehow the Patriots have been gift wrapped one of the easiest looking schedules I've ever seen. Sickening.
" 'He rubbed her shoulders sensually,' what the Hell is that? That isn't sexy. You can't do somebody in the shoulder!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Browns, Browns and Browns again - i'm so used to disappointment.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by samg61
Browns, Browns and Browns again - i'm so used to disappointment.

Most my family likes the Browns, too.
I must admit, I admire the dedication during such a long, crushing period.
" 'He rubbed her shoulders sensually,' what the Hell is that? That isn't sexy. You can't do somebody in the shoulder!"