last reply
4 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
hi
i was wondering if i could get some advice about a girl im crazy, we have been friends for a couple of years, but she always had a boyfriend, but she been single for a few months now, so was wondering how i should go about asking her out?
thanks
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by micktyu
hi
i was wondering if i could get some advice about a girl im crazy, we have been friends for a couple of years, but she always had a boyfriend, but she been single for a few months now, so was wondering how i should go about asking her out?
thanks

Don't ask her out on like a dinner date if she hasn't given you some indication that she is interested. Ask her to go with you to some event, maybe as a 'plus one' if you've been invited to a wedding or something, but it would probably be better to go to something else that you are both interested in, maybe a sporting event or a short canoe trip or something where she can have the opportunity to let you know whether she can see you both as a couple having fun together. Let tension or anticipation build for when you will make some kind of announcement of affection. If she senses it coming and plans to shut you down, she will find a way. If she doesn't plan to shut you down, she might find a way to encourage you or let you know the time is right. Show interest in her happiness, but sit back and wait expectantly if you get no indication either way.

This restraint is to keep you from getting trapped in a one-sided man-on-a-string relationship.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
how about straight up honesty for a change...

i like you...you have been dating all these other guys while i have waited...for you

we are good buddies...how about giving me a try?

1 date we will go do this...(something she has said she has always wanted to do..as her buddy YOU should know this)

if it doesnt work out we will still be pals(DO be her pal if she says no!) but if it does..it could be wonderful

give me a couple of hours..let me show you the world....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good luck son! It can go either way. If she has flirted with you during your friendship you stand a good chance of turning it in to a great relationship if she has treaded you more like a brother then you are more than like to just remain on the friend list. If the latter is the case ask anyway let her know. it may not happen now but at least it will be inbedded in to her thought prosses. and who knows down the line She may just pursue you.
Lurker
0 likes
If you have shown her that you are a trusted, loyal and dedicated friend, that come hell or high water you'll ride with HER, you are half way there. If she still doesn't feel that she could love you like that... Back your shit up...Be her trusted an loyal friend. Either way, you have her in your life...Be grateful for it. She's probably worth being friends with.

Id