Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is the most romantic movie you have ever seen?

last reply
55 replies
5.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What is the most romantic movie you have ever seen?

For me it has to be A Matter of Life and Death (USA title: Stairway to Heaven), Michael Powell, 1946.

The movie stars David Niven, Kim Hunter and the incomparable Roger Livesey. It's a story that juxataposes the great themes of war and freedom with the more personal theme of love between two individuals. It finds them both of equal merit. There are many speeches, which could have been windy show-stoppers, but instead are stirring because of the consummate actors who deliver them (Raymond Massey is in it, too).

All the performances are standouts. Niven is excellent, Livesey is outstanding. Some have said that Kim Hunter is too sugary, But I think she strikes just the right note. And, she looks absolutely scrumptious. These three leads present us with three intelligent, caring and witty individuals, and makes us aspire to be just like them.

I can't say as much as I would like about this marvelous movie because I don't want to spoil a moment of it for anyone who hasn't see it yet. Suffice it to say I never come away from watching this movie without a warm and conforting feeling that there are goodness and compassion and love in the world.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sliding Doors
Lurker
0 likes
for me its a tie between......Sleepless in Seattle & You've got Mail
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
for me somewhere in time with chris reeve what a hunk my dream guy
Lurker
0 likes
I have two; Disappering Acts and Love & Basketball
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It takes a lot to hit a real romantic nerve when it comes to movies for me - I often just find them really cheesy.

This is an older flick, but I haven't really seen a movie that captures my version of true romance more than Before Sunrise (Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy) - the dialogue is so beautifully written, casual and real, and there are genuine moments of romance - perfectly underplayed without the wild declarations, but you really feel it.

I also thought Tangled was kinda romantic... lol. Ok, I know it's Disney, but it wasn't overdone. And besides, Flynn Rider is my 'Toon crush.
Innocent Puck Bunnii
0 likes
Four weddings and a Funeral..haha..Jk...I think Notting Hill
Lurker
0 likes
Great Expectations (Ethan Hawke: Finnegan Bell · Gwyneth Paltrow)
Lurker
0 likes
A Matter of Life and Death (USA title: Stairway to Heaven) followed by The Red Shoes 1949
Lurker
0 likes
I can't believe I am going to answer this one.... The Notebook
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Love Actually" This is a great movie and perfect around the Holidays.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lesmiz44
for me its a tie between......Sleepless in Seattle & You've got Mail

[For me it would be the movie watched by the 2 teenage girls in Sleepless in Seattle who tearfully said it was the greatest movie ever made smile. An Affair To Remember with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant which I thought was also very funny even during the most poignant moments "If I had gone to the Empire State building - in the pouring rain." If you watch it you will see that it partially inspired the above Tom Hanks movie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't like anything too schmaltzy, but a few come to mind. The Aparment, Say Anything, Casablanca, Brokeback Mountain makes me cry buckets. I will look for A Matter of Life and Death, i really love Michael Powell so I don't know why I haven't seen this one!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Heather, please let me congratulate you on your superb taste! Yes, Casablanca, with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman is not only one of the best movies ever made, it is without a doubt one of the most romantic. A woman in love with two men, a former lover and her husband, all during the tumult of Word War II in French Morocco. Who does she choose? Does she do the right thing or follow her heart? Full of intrigue, romance, supense, dark shadows and acting that makes us feel the emotional conflict in our hearts, it is without a doubt the most romantic film ever made.
Lurker
0 likes
Gorgeous  - a jacky chan martial arts romantic movie. Very good
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thesilkyknot
"the notebook"

Agree 100%
Lurker
0 likes
I love the notebook, letters to juliet and the twilight movies but the most romantic one is my opinion is no reservations it's both funny cute and adorably romantic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ImYourHuckleberry
I can't believe I am going to answer this one.... The Notebook

LMFAO me too.

The Notebook comes in second, on my list. First place goes to: 50 First Dates.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I agree with JOLLY & ROUGE, there is Casablanca, then there is everything else.
"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Hope Floats......I cried like a baby.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
A Man and A Woman (French w/subtitles)

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
A Man and A Woman (French w/subtitles)

[/quote

It is. I had forgotten about it but you are right. And the French dialogue and music just add to it.
Lurker
0 likes
the note book
Lurker
0 likes
An Affair to Remember..Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Several: Love Actually, Good Will Hunting and Casablanca
Lurker
0 likes
Notting Hill.